Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Derby County Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Day thread***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Excuse didn't wear when we lost to Fulham!

Didn't wear when we beat Bolton either. We were poor that game as well.

I think it was the players fault we lost to Fulham. They eased off like Derby did in the second part of the first half. We should have been 3-0 up against Fulham if we could convert our chances like Derby did against us. Or like Watford.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Agree, anyone believing we were likely to get a result there in current form for both sides was deluded. Doesn't excuse the 'roll over for a tummy tickle' aspect though.

I don't think we rolled over. Last 20 minutes were poor and we gave up trying to pass.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Absolute ****ing shambles our club at the moment.Some people questioned Paul Samrah the other week but he bloody nailed it.

Sadly the writing has been on the wall for months. But I'm afraid the Board simply don't get it - they'll spin things every way they can.

They should credit the supporters with more nous and learn from this sorry saga - you can't fool us. Take responsibility, listen and learn. Recent Argus interviews, BBC Sussex interviews, supporter meetings - all totally off beam and hollow, not connected with what the 'customers' perceive/feel.

Sort it out - from top to bottom, on and off the pitch - and the Board might be surprised at the support they receive. Get real, it's not all about the corporates.

The Board inherited an incredible legacy - and with that came a responsibility and a healthy and sincere respect for the supporters. Each and every Board member would do well to not forget that.

If I was TB, I'd be addressing how to get the fans back on side - and it isn't just about Sami and his inevitable departure.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
**** this, well I won't be starting another match thread until Semi is out. At least I had the man rocks to do the thread today.

If Hyypia isn't gone by Millwall then **** me Bloom is clueless or the club hasn't got enough money to sack him, which is worrying...

SEMI OUT for ****s sake!!!!!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Match scores:

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/830037/Live/England-Championship-2014-2015-Derby-Brighton

I think Bruno was underscored again. Martin (Derby) MOM. Dunk 7.6 Albion MOM.

I am reserving judgement on Hyypia until after the Millwall game.

It looked to me although not enough research was done on the Derby team with our team selection. As predicted, any team that can overrun us in midfield and it is just how many goals they are going to score.

Derby much better at passing as well as creating chances:

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/830037/MatchReport/England-Championship-2014-2015-Derby-Brighton

Why reserve judgement on him.... He's had 19 games to get it right. In only one (Leeds away) did we look decent and his comments after the game were that he didn't understand why we played so well. A fluke perhaps?! Out now.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree, anyone believing we were likely to get a result there in current form for both sides was deluded. Doesn't excuse the 'roll over for a tummy tickle' aspect though.

Spot on. Doesn't excuse that midfield selection away against Derby, the best team in the league that beat us four times last season, either.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
From my distant view on the stream, looked all over after the first went in.

It went wrong before that. It was eight minutes before we crossed the half-way line. All Derby for 20 minutes. Then even to half-time. Then Derby had the edge for 20 minutes in the second half, and then it all went to pot for the last 25 minutes.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Why reserve judgement on him.... He's had 19 games to get it right. In only one (Leeds away) did we look decent and his comments after the game were that he didn't understand why we played so well. A fluke perhaps?! Out now.

Think you're wrong on this. I'm struggling to think of a better performance last season than the Cardiff game this one. We've played well enough in other games too: Forest, Watford, Bournemouth, and perhaps some at home too.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Think you're wrong on this. I'm struggling to think of a better performance last season than the Cardiff game this one. We've played well enough in other games too: Forest, Watford, Bournemouth, and perhaps some at home too.

But we managed just two points from those three games...ok we played alright in them, but we didn't get in front and then turn the lead into a win. Bolton at home could have gone either way and we scraped past a poor Wigan team. We aren't good enough and the manager must take responsibility.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Players should take responsibility for that shambles today and refund all fans the ticket price

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here