Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby County vs Brighton and Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Does anyone else find BBC Sussex commentary the aural equivalent of having your teeth yanked out via a closing door and a finite length of string? Got no idea what's actually going on at any point. Not sure they're familiar with adjectives. Basic things like not actually saying what happened to the player who elbowed Dunk. Calling Aspinall a striker. It almost makes me miss Tony Millard. The CBBC bloke who messed up the athletics anchorman role would be a safer bet, at least he'd be entertaining

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Does anyone else find BBC Sussex commentary the aural equivalent of having your teeth yanked out via a closing door and a finite length of string? Got no idea what's actually going on at any point. Not sure they're familiar with adjectives. Basic things like not actually saying what happened to the player who elbowed Dunk. Calling Aspinall a striker. It almost makes me miss Tony Millard. The CBBC bloke who messed up the athletics anchorman role would be a safer bet, at least he'd be entertaining
Sounds about right miller, I couldn't tell you which team is on top.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It keeps things surprising for the highlights.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Sounds about right miller, I couldn't tell you which team is on top.

I'm sure the commentator just announced the League One score as Hartlepool nil Preston North End...and then didn't actually finish the score. They're actually incapable of telling us words written down on a bit of paper, how are they going to describe a live game? Makes me glad I skipped broadcast training when I was a trainee. Grumble grumble

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought the 2nd half had kicked off and we were now 2-0 up :rant:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Yep, only struck me recently just how un-descriptive he is of the action on the pitch. Must only spend about 10% of the coverage telling us who has the ball and where he is on the pitch. Far too much needless waffling. Get to the point, Cantor.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Foster you dicks

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
HT 0-1

I expect Derby (like Sunderland) think they can win this. What would be best for us if they take off a midfielder and put another striker on. Then they would hoof it even more, but with Wardy on the left they are possibly more dangerous on breakaways. An extra player in midfield would neutralise Derby ??? But then if they score we would need an extra striker ???

So I think we will stay as we are and see how long it takes Derby to bring on the substitutes. The first five minutes of the second half could be a little worrying (in view what has happened before).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here