Other matches tonight:

Burnley v Ipswich H

Leicester v Blackpool H
Middlesbrough v West Ham H
Millwall v Doncaster H
Nott'm Forest v Leeds H
Reading v Peterborough H
Southampton v Hull City H

All the games are home bankers. I would predict Hull most likely to spring a surprise.

What? Can only see Burnley as a home banker there?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
does not answer my question and 4 of his 7 are from the spot. (I am not an anti Barnes player by the way, although he was dreadful against Crawley Reserves last week, truly dreadful)
Perhaps he'll be up front with CMS and Hoskins will play down the left, like he did for Bristol Rovers last season. We'll find out in 20 minutes.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
So Buckley's not even on the bench? I thought he was fit?
Three wingers on the bench is a bit much, no? It's very attacking as it is.

From looking at the line-up, it'll probably be Barnes up top supporting CMS (hopefully..) and Hoskins wide left wing/forward cutting in, as per his Rovers days and vs Millwall.

Anyway, let's 'ave 'em.

Need to watch out for that Jamie Ward fella, tricky little customer.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Just one question............assume Barnes is going to play wide? Why? When you have KKL on the bench? Im no manager, but it does not make sense to me.

I see what you did there. You made an assumption then blamed Poyet for it.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Other matches tonight:

Burnley v Ipswich H

Leicester v Blackpool H
Middlesbrough v West Ham H
Millwall v Doncaster H
Nott'm Forest v Leeds H
Reading v Peterborough H
Southampton v Hull City H

All the games are home bankers. I would predict Hull most likely to spring a surprise.

Really?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I generally am a very happy seagull and I have no complaints at all with the season so far happy with the start and our position..........I am just frustrated at so many unanswered questions from the club regarding players and there fitness:

1. What the hell is up with Buckley Now.....a stormer against Crawley last week and showed no signs of injury.
2. Vicente...."needs match fitness" well tonight is "match" yet he does not play...............So frustrating..(still say will never play for us again, will wait to be proved wrong)
3. KKL, when will he get a start, 3 superb wingers, but only ever play 1 or none.

On a positive note, very happy to finally see Hoskins get a start and Adam back on the bench.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
does not answer my question and 4 of his 7 are from the spot. (I am not an anti Barnes player by the way, although he was dreadful against Crawley Reserves last week, truly dreadful)

think if I we him I would have a dreadful game trying to avoid an injury (cloggers) when hoping to get the call, he is always likely to get you a goal as would Noone but I think might need a bit of a rest and come on as an impact player in the second half and KLL IS STILL FEELING HIS WAY BUT MY PREDICTION IS HE WILL REALLY COME GOOD SECOND PART OF THE SEASON

FloridaGull

Aug 17, 2011
Started off well but I never got bored or even thought about a piss. Although capacity at 33,000, I have been at matches when it was more crowded on the east terrace, notably Rochdale (71) and Chelsea (sixties).
Late fifties, Boxing Day, vs Fulham, Albion won 3-0 (two goals for Freddie Jones) ... Crowd was 37,000, was that the record?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I see what you did there. You made an assumption then blamed Poyet for it.

Your right will wait for the kick off, he is better up front than Wide and your right Hoskins may start there and looked half decent when playing against us from that position last year. Hopefully thats what Gus will do.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
This could be the night and formation that we absolutely dick a team.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Albion Team with Numbers

Evening all! Interesting line up.... presumably the tactic is designed to deal with Derby... hence no wingers.

Very narrow and very much like Sven's Leicester. I suspect that Gus thinks that Derby are quite a good team (or better than Ipswich).

16. Casper Ankergren
14. Inigo Calderon
3. Gordon Greer
5. Lewis Dunk
20. Romain Vincelot
7. Will Hoskins
8. Alan Navarro
26. Liam Bridcutt
17. Ryan Harley
9. Ashley Barnes
12. Craig Mackail-Smith
SUBS
1. Peter Brezovan (GK)
6. Adam El-Abd
11. Craig Noone
13. Billy Paynter
25. Kazenga LuaLua

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Late fifties, Boxing Day, vs Fulham, Albion won 3-0 (two goals for Freddie Jones) ... Crowd was 37,000, was that the record?
I went that day and it was a squeeze but I was considerably smaller then
I always get this game mixed up with the Watford game both great games

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
20111129Derby.jpg

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Got a good feeling about tonight. Think it will be a night for Harley to shine. Attack is the best form of Defence

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here