Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Derby County and Wayne Rooney.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Wazza done an excellent job so far, fully deserves the full time gig how well he's turned them round since being appointed temporary gaffer. If his.managerial career is half as good as his playing career then Derby will enjoy plenty of success.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
People knocking Rooney. He still played under fergie and might have picked up a thing or too. Not that many have done too well.

Neville
Neville
Giggs
Hughes
Bruce
Stam
Ole - probably the best of that bunch.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
However on a serious note they are probably many,many football fans within the English system who have their fingers crossed hoping Rooney will take Derby County down.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but can’t see anything.

Wayne is in tip-top pre-season form. Arranges a friendly with his mates, goes out on the town and gets leathered, ends up in a hotel room with some blond bimbos, is then filmed staggering around Manchester at 5:30 am but back at Derby to lead training a few hours later. I presume he has a driver these days?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but can’t see anything.

Wayne is in tip-top pre-season form. Arranges a friendly with his mates, goes out on the town and gets leathered, ends up in a hotel room with some blond bimbos, is then filmed staggering around Manchester at 5:30 am but back at Derby to lead training a few hours later. I presume he has a driver these days?

Injuring his players as well!!

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1419959644517244930?s=21

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Independent reporting that Rooney was only playing to make up the numbers as he has just 9 professionals signed on for next season - 2 of them goalkeepers.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What a mess the whole story of his night out after the pre-season friendly with Salford is, with police now dropping his blackmail complaint as no offence has been committed.

He really does make some bad decisions sometimes.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I suspect very strongly he has a real drink problem. That, and a wife who appears ready to forgive whatever he does..

He's certainly got a messy life.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Derby Way is now a bit of a mess.

Where did it all go wrong ?

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I suspect very strongly he has a real drink problem. That, and a wife who appears ready to forgive whatever he does..

He's certainly got a messy life.

To me he's come across as very unhappy for a while. Wouldn't surprise me at all given his life if he's lost all sense of purpose a few years ago.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
To me he's come across as very unhappy for a while. Wouldn't surprise me at all given his life if he's lost all sense of purpose a few years ago.

Yeh, the fella's never been my cup of tea since the fans booing him at the world cup incident, but I hope people are looking out for him.

It would be very sad for him and those around him if he turned into another Gascoigne type.

I don't know the bloke so I may be miles out, but if not then Wayne may be better off just walking away from football

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

It would be sad if this is the case as he has 4 young sons who doubtless idolise him and his achievements as a player. One minute I see him on the telly at Wembley with his family and then the next time I hear about him he's hammered in a budget hotel in Manchester with women he's met in a nightclub taking photos of him in the early hours of the morning.

For no reason other than his kids' sake, I hope he genuinely sees this latest episode as a wake up call to sort a few things out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here