Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby away [roll call]

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
For the first time ever really i'm getting into away games, went to see Watford, then Millwall last saturday now im going to Derby, just decided. Always been to home games since the '80's but i've got the bug for going away now, can see why some get really into it. Takings for saturday nights as a self employed taxi driver are about to plummet i think. Anyway previous experiences from Derby last year? Easy to get to? Good atmosphere? Train is best i suppose.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No idea, last time I went they were at the Baseball Ground, but I'm going this year...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I always like Derby - a modern ground, but the styling is a departure from the usual uniform bowls.

Last year was good - a 1-0 win courtesy of a (then rare) CMS cracker. Small Albion turnout, but it was midweek.

The ground is in a modern business park, but I've never had a problem parking. It's also only a short walk from the City centre if you get the train.

Looking forward to this one next week - Derby are a well supported team despite their indifference on the pitch.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Easy to get to, newish stadium, best pubs are in the town and a short walk from the railway station - what is there not to like ?

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I always like Derby - a modern ground, but the styling is a departure from the usual uniform bowls.

Last year was good - a 1-0 win courtesy of a (then rare) CMS cracker. Small Albion turnout, but it was midweek.

The ground is in a modern business park, but I've never had a problem parking. It's also only a short walk from the City centre if you get the train.

Looking forward to this one next week - Derby are a well supported team despite their indifference on the pitch.

Looking foward to it too, didn't know what i've been missing all these years, i'm sure the Brighton boys will make a cracking noise. Millwall was great, love being behind enemy lines, i even walked alone to the stadium from my girlfriend's mum's house in new cross keeping a low profile amongst the millwall massive obviously :) Atmosphere from our end was great, looking foward to recreating that at Derby

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Easy to get to, newish stadium, best pubs are in the town and a short walk from the railway station - what is there not to like ?

Cool, sounds ideal for an earlish train up and find a decent pub for a few pints before kick off

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cool, sounds ideal for an earlish train up and find a decent pub for a few pints before kick off

The Merry Widows is good, right outside the station on the town side.

If you head towards the ground pretty crap as a modern industrial estate with only a Harvester

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Me +3

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I will be there on route to Heathrow to collect Yuliya (only a slight detour from Birmingham).

Was meant to be doing a nightshift the Friday night but although a nightshift followed by a match I thought was doable a nightshift followed by a match and then a drive to heathrow and back was probably stretching it so a holiday had to be booked.

Getting a bit light weight in my old age.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I need some pub recommendations.

Stattoseagull

Banned
Feb 25, 2007
Plumpton Green
Will be making a long weekend of it with my good lady - Having a leisurely drive up on Thursday

Never been to Pride Park so will be another one off the list

See you there

Dandyman

In London village.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dump of a place and dull ground imho. Not for me.

This. Even if it didnt coincide with my birthday its one to bin off. October in Derby? Errr no thanks. Leagues are not won and lost in October and having seen us win there last season i would rather just remember that.

Now if it was Nottingham Forest away well that would be make a weekend of it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
However it did have the cheapest chippy ever. About 1.50 for a large sausage and a mountain on chips by the station.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here