Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Deranged Football Dads

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Courtesy of this week's excelente Upshot mailshot (sports-related version of Popbitch, well worth a subscribe IMHO) where it's one of the lead items. Even mentions RDZ :lol:

Taster here...

Screenshot_2023-12-21_at_10.35.58.png

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but that parent sounds like an absolute cock.

Do we know if Joey Barton has any children? ???

Edit: I've remembered he does, because he said the other day how much better they were than girls already, or something like that.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Well those kids need to learn I reckon. When I was young we had to answer questions on 4-2-4 and the like for our Football Proficiency Test.
Bloody cosseted nowadays. And they play in bloody slippers.

Last edited:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but that parent sounds like an absolute cock.

Do we know if Joey Barton has any children? ???

Edit: I've remembered he does, because he said the other day how much better they were than girls already, or something like that.
Shame he had one.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yep sounds about standard. Heard many of these types of conversations from parents.

A couple of seasons ago, a couple of sets of parents of an under 8 side I was coaching decided to have an alcohol fuelled argument on our group whatsapp as they felt their boys weren’t passing enough to each other. The argument included goals and assists stats for that season from both boys 🤦‍♂️

Had to tell them off the next day which wasn’t easy as one of them is a 6’3 polish skin head dock worker with tattoo’s all over his face and neck who boxes in his spare time and has a bit of a rep! Needless to say my regular explanations to him about why his son was not going to be the next Robert Lewandowski and to just let him enjoy his football were handled very carefully!

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
As a youth team coach, I often received the wisdom of other parents. I offered one to help with training.

After going missing for a few weeks, he said he had prepared a drill. It involved throwing a ball high into the air and seeing how the 10yr olds would head it!

This was at the same time as heading was being phased out so I had to explain we couldn't do it. This was followed with a diatribe about football going soft etc etc etc

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
There are some idiot parents and confidence smashing manager/coaches out there, they are not prepared to coach with the squad they have been dealt with, they would rather get in JPL players in and cut minutes to those that train and make themselves available for every match. They crush so many boys and girls dreams.
Clueless, they never win anything either. I call it the "Chelsea method."

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
There are some idiot parents and confidence smashing manager/coaches out there, they are not prepared to coach with the squad they have been dealt with, they would rather get in JPL players in and cut minutes to those that train and make themselves available for every match. They crush so many boys and girls dreams.
Clueless, they never win anything either. I call it the "Chelsea method."
Proudest moments as a coach all revolve around players who achieved things you never thought they could when they joined.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Proudest moments as a coach all revolve around players who achieved things you never thought they could when they joined.
My proudest moment as a coach was the day after the Stevie Sidwell half way line goal. My son said in the car to the game he was going to attempt the same. Having told him not to I then promised him £20 if he did score “properly”. My co-manager overheard.

Little f***er got the winner. From three yards.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Id certainly agree with that, it's very rewarding,.
Fortunately i have had parents actually say "thanks for all you have done," I particularly enjoy the side you can view statistically, like having one goal scorer to start with, two years later with the same players and you have eight goal scorers.
Amazingly the superstar parents don't value that, because they want Jonnie or Jenny to score thirty or forty goals, so they can strut the side line talking about their kid all the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here