Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Depressed by Ref

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Yes we were poor in the 1st half but that ref was the guy we had at Sunderland last year and yet again as Norwich so aptly put it shit on the blue and white. the 1st goal was offside and the 2nd looked like handball.

I dont mnd losing but not to officals in so called big clubs pockets

Why did CKR get booked for chops, because Green told the ref to book him. Why was the Norwich plyer who stedded kerry allowed to stay on the pitch, cause Norwich are a "big club".

How did we not get a pen or at least a freekick when Knight was slapped in the face.

I am very pissed off

Robbed by the pratt in black :angry: :angry:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I agree. The referee was a disgrace. Knight was NEVER going to be given anything today. His reputation precedes him.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
junior said:
Would you be saying this if the same things had happened and we won the game?
I'd still be pretty annoyed by the fact they were allowed to hit, kick, and spit on our players without punishment.

Last edited:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Trigger said:
We'd have lost regardless of who the ref was.

perhaps but the 1st 2 goals both looked dodgy from where I was

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Don't make me go into the new offside rule...

Surely if someone is on the pitch in an offside position BUT not active and therefore will be disregarded in an offside decision it affects the goalkeeper's thinking? He may not realise the player is being disregarded.

Last edited:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
brightonfan_86 said:
The first goal was not offside, because Kevin Lisbie was not interfering with play and that meant Huckerby ran on to it and scored.
bugger. are you sure?

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Trigger said:
We'd have lost regardless of who the ref was.

That's the fact. Although I never expect much from ref's and they were some strange decisions both ways today!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not think that the ref could be blamed for our defeat but it didnt help with his inconsistency of booikng players for nothing and then letting serious incidents i.e the back kick on Mayo and the crowd incitement of Henderson (their scorer) go unpunished.

I am suprised that he didnt book Knight for keep going down injured when he was heavily tackled. Didnt he book Knight at QPR for diving when a penalty was obvious

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Stinky Kat said:
bugger. are you sure?

Correct - NOT offside, FACT

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
BensGrandad said:
To quote Brian Clough 'if a player is on the field and not affecting play then he shouldnt be on the field at all'

What he said.

Bloody FIFA.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
brightonfan_86 said:
yes i'm sure, if your walking back from a offside position and you don't interfere with play then it aint offside.

I am not doubting your knowledge of the game, i just agree that he could have put henderson off.

Do you sit in the north, from the south the 2nd looked like handball.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
To quote Brian Clough 'if a player is on the field and not affecting play then he shouldnt be on the field at all'

Thought that was Shankley who said that ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here