Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Depeche Mode - Delta Machine

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Playing The Angel is their best in the last decade or so, and one of their Top 3 albums ever. So far I don't see this standing up to that.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Brilliant album!!
Off to see them again in May !!! Brilliant !!!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Ok, well I think we can agree that:

a) Every DM fan has their own favourite album
b) Delta Machine is "the best for a while"

:)

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Playing The Angel is their best in the last decade or so, and one of their Top 3 albums ever. So far I don't see this standing up to that.

Wise words, of course.

I excused Sounds of the Universe as an anomaly but two in a row is a pattern. Depeche Mode have lost it. However, it changes nothing. History is history, and they have been amazing. I still love Dave Gahan's voice but musically their stuff has been weak and messy in the last 2 albums.

Playing The Angel is a classic though.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
That my friend is a very bold claim. Violator is my favourite album of all time, so if Delta Machine is better, i will be very surprised and very happy.

Favourite band of my youth, world violation concert at wembley Arena still my favourite gig..... Bold claim OP, but youve just sold another copy

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Wise words, of course.

I excused Sounds of the Universe as an anomaly but two in a row is a pattern. Depeche Mode have lost it. However, it changes nothing. History is history, and they have been amazing. I still love Dave Gahan's voice but musically their stuff has been weak and messy in the last 2 albums.

Playing The Angel is a classic though.

What utter tosh. Delta Machine is better than Playing The Angel. And to say that a band who have been around for over 30 years, and released an incredible 13th studio album like Delta Machine, that they've "lost it" is inexcusable.

I suggest you go back to listening to U2, NE.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The last DM album I bought was 101 when it came out. Never bothered with them since, as much as I used to love them. Not sure I've been missing much......... or have I?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What utter tosh. Delta Machine is better than Playing The Angel. And to say that a band who have been around for over 30 years, and released an incredible 13th studio album like Delta Machine, that they've "lost it" is inexcusable.

I suggest you go back to listening to U2, NE.

Rubbish, this latest album is uninspired and out of keeping with their history. I'm all for Legendary bands releasing new material, but I'm not for excusing the content based on that history. Playing the Angel was my favourite album of 2005, bar none.

I hate U2. :thumbsup: I love Ultravox though, they released a new album last year and it was absolutely superb. A triumphant return to form.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Favourite band of my youth, world violation concert at wembley Arena still my favourite gig..... Bold claim OP, but youve just sold another copy

I was there in 1990 too. Best concert I have ever been to.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Rubbish, this latest album is uninspired and out of keeping with their history. I'm all for Legendary bands releasing new material, but I'm not for excusing the content based on that history. Playing the Angel was my favourite album of 2005, bar none.

I hate U2. :thumbsup: I love Ultravox though, they released a new album last year and it was absolutely superb. A triumphant return to form.

you are not allowed your own opinion, remember that Ninja!

LeicestershireGull

Sep 11, 2012
Better than Masses, Violator, SOF&D and Ultra? Behave!

Growing on me, though. Best for a long, long time.

Absolutely Wozza.In my opinion of course.But I always found Black Celebration to be the high point,although most people would say Violator on the whole.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
What an Album
DEPECHE MODE reborn once again, saw them in 83 at Brighton dome on the Contruction time again album tour can't believe I'm still listening to Depeche Mode in 2013, totally bizarre

Welcome to my World
heaven
The child inside
Soothe my soul

LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
What an Album
DEPECHE MODE reborn once again, saw them in 83 at Brighton dome on the Contruction time again album tour can't believe I'm still listening to Depeche Mode in 2013, totally bizarre

Welcome to my World
heaven
The child inside
Soothe my soul

Agree agree agree

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
What an Album

Welcome to my World
heaven
The child inside
Soothe my soul

I was at that CTA gig at the Dome too. I also saw them 3 years later at the Brighton Centre on the Black Celebration tour. I need to dig out some of their stuff and listen to it again.

Now if Talk Talk would reform again that would be special...

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Bought it last month, listened to it, and didn't really get on with it. Listened to it again, twice,and still didn't. Now, one month on, I don't even know where it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here