Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
I might be on my own, but he's getting on my nerves!!

He was playing in the regional leagues when USG signed him. With the Brighton contract he got good money, the chance to play in the PL, where the coaching team had to work hard to improve him, which led to recognition from Germany. We actually needed him this season, but let him go to Germany - and now when we really need him back, he's made it clear he'd rather stay where he is! If they want him, he'll have to persuade them to pay full whack.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Brighton are planning for Gross’s Germany squad team-mate Deniz Undav to be back with them next season. The 27-year-old striker forced his way into Nagelsmann’s plans with 18 goals and ten assists in 30 Bundesliga appearances on loan to Stuttgart last season which helped them qualify for the Champions League. Undav has two years left on his contract at Brighton. They control a buy option which was included in the loan agreement with Stuttgart.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nothing there about what Deniz himself wants/plans to do...which is probably key.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Squeeze them for every Euro Tony. He is a Brighton player and he is also pissing me off wanting to leave with two years left on his contract.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

I'm always seeing people reposting tweets from that account on here, but I'm not sure that I've ever seen anything to suggest it's not just guesswork. Genuine question - Has it broken any news in the past that turned out to be right?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Maybe put in a cheeky player exchange + cash for Stuttgart highly rated forward Silas Katompa (Fulham currently interested in Katompa at £15m apparently)???

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm always seeing people reposting tweets from that account on here, but I'm not sure that I've ever seen anything to suggest it's not just guesswork. Genuine question - Has it broken any news in the past that turned out to be right?

Sport Bild? Because that's the source being cited, it's not Owen's own scoop.

If you look at Sports Bild and Sports Witness neither appear to have a direct tweet that mentions the story this bloke is posting about. I find that with a lot of what he posts, you never find the actual source material, just a named source.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Sport Bild? Because that's the source being cited, it's not Owen's own scoop.
It's actually quoting this Sport Witness article that cites Sports Bild as a source: https://sportwitness.co.uk/secret-negotiations-brighton-way-sell-seagulls-player-e20-22m/

However Sport Witness's link just goes to Bild's website and there doesn't seem to be any article about Undav on there since this at the beginning of April: https://sportbild.bild.de/bundeslig...rmer-deniz-undav-wirklich-87737798.sport.html

So it's a regurgitated story from an unnamed article/tweet from Germany's equivalent of The Sun.

The Sport Witness article just says that Stuttgart can't afford him even with their ECL money and so want to come to the UK to try to negotiate. It doesn't even say that we've agreed to meet them, let alone that we are having 'secret negotiations.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here