Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looks destined for a Championship loan in this window - a fair few clubs linked including Blackburn and Sunderland.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
When dat man gets injured again we will be relying on young Evan. I'm getting some de ja vous with another young striker scoring early on and then leading the line. I know we have goals from other areas of the pitch at the moment but I still think we need Undav in the squad.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
When dat man gets injured again we will be relying on young Evan. I'm getting some de ja vous with another young striker scoring early on and then leading the line. I know we have goals from other areas of the pitch at the moment but I still think we need Undav in the squad.
I think there’s a very real possibility of Undav of going out on loan and a new striking coming in to be the third option.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I think there’s a very real possibility of Undav of going out on loan and a new striking coming in to be the third option.
this being a good move hinges on that happening though, losing two attackers in just one window only makes sense if we truly are bringing in another forward. as ineffective as undav has been, he's still another body in the squad

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
this being a good move hinges on that happening though, losing two attackers in just one window only makes sense if we truly are bringing in another forward. as ineffective as undav has been, he's still another body in the squad
His going may be contingent on getting our ducks in a row with the guy we want. I trust Tony and his team, I’d be mad not to.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was heavily in the #TeamEvanNeedsALoan, obviously my neck has been slightly wound in.

What EF has done is completely validate my parallel opinion:-

'This squad doesn't function with a 'false 9'.

I'm now at the point of I don't care who's up top but someone always has to be there.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
His going may be contingent on getting our ducks in a row with the guy we want. I trust Tony and his team, I’d be mad not to.
agree. we need to focus on getting someone lined up and then we can maybe revisit later as there will still be a few desperate clubs in the championship come deadline day

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I was heavily in the #TeamEvanNeedsALoan, obviously my neck has been slightly wound in.

I'm now at the point of I don't care who's up top but someone always has to be there.
This is where I am. I have been very vocal about needing to sign a striker given Welbecks fitness issues and Evan Ferguson had absolutely proved me right in that. However I will concede he could be the answer which I didn’t think was realistic a month ago.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Blackburn eh? Have they got any feted International strikers who have stalled over signing a new deal? Anybody who could lead the line, and/or offer cover on the left if a team had maybe just lost a left sided forward who likes a dribble? Anyone who might be quite comfortable in a squad that has a load of South American youngsters?

(In truth, he's rumoured to be off to Villarreal on a free at the end of the season. I'm just rumour-mongering for fun.)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m a bit worried about losing Tross AND Undav this window.

Yes, we have Sarmiento, Enciso, Moran and Ferguson has stepped up but our front line is starting to look decidedly U21. There are big risks with that approach. Injuries to March, Mitoma and Welbeck and we could struggle a bit.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think we will loan out Undav and won't get another player in. I think RDZ views Enciso as the third "striker" and he will be kept at the club for the rest of the season.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think we will loan out Undav and won't get another player in. I think RDZ views Enciso as the third "striker" and he will be kept at the club for the rest of the season.
I think RDZ is seeing what we’ve all seen in Enciso, a very green player who has had some poor performances in the stripes (so far) alongside some promising moments.

I’d be astonished if he got regular starts in the second half of the season, he looks nowhere near.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Blackburn eh? Have they got any feted International strikers who have stalled over signing a new deal? Anybody who could lead the line, and/or offer cover on the left if a team had maybe just lost a left sided forward who likes a dribble? Anyone who might be quite comfortable in a squad that has a load of South American youngsters?

(In truth, he's rumoured to be off to Villarreal on a free at the end of the season. I'm just rumour-mongering for fun.)
I think that bloke knocking them in for Coventry is much better!

(Unrelated to considerations for our 1st. team squad, but on the striker front, I wonder of the club will recall young Tolaj form Salford? - absolute waste of a loan there).

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Hmmm we’re going to be a bit threadbare if this carries on... although Undav has looked a bit short of the level required... heck, if all else fails stick Gross up top, he’s virtually played everywhere and always pretty well too.

(Joking, or am I ????)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Think the squad has functioned reasonably well against Chelsea, Wolves and Southampton with Trossard as the false nine. Not that he himself was brilliant necessarily.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Playing well today, good link up again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here