Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It baffles me that with RDZ at the helm – a man who, by the admission of many of his peers, looks at football in a different way – people are STILL wanging on about us needing to spaff more millions on a mythical 20 goals a season striker!

As @dazzer6666 says, there are only three teams who scored more goals than the Albion this season – and FOUR players scored 10 goals or more. But the answer to getting higher in the league is getting a 'better' striker in? OK mates... :thumbsup::facepalm:
"wanging on", "spaff" and in a previous comment "bobbins". I really do enjoy your turn of phrase @Greg Bobkin

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
From that article on the website:

'“In the academy at Werder Bremen some coaches called me Gerd Muller. I didn’t know who he was at first, but they said I had a similar style…with a big backside! So I started watching some old videos, and they had a point. Playing with my back to goal and holding the ball up is my big strength and if you are strong you can hold off one or two defenders – you don’t have to be a giant to play that target-man role."'
My distant recollection of Gerd was as a fox in the box who always popped up in and around the 6 yard box at the same time as the ball. I don't recall him playing as a target man with his back to goal. He was absolutely lethal from 2 yards out. Ask Brian Labone and Peter Bonetti.
In his book, Brilliant Orange: The Neurotic Genius of Dutch Football, author David Winner writes, "Müller was short, squat, awkward-looking and not notably fast; he never fitted the conventional idea of a great footballer, but he had lethal acceleration over short distances, a remarkable aerial game, and uncanny goalscoring instincts. His short legs gave him a low center of gravity, so he could turn quickly and with perfect balance in spaces and at speeds that would cause other players to fall over. He also had a knack of scoring in unlikely situations."[20]

Müller used extreme acceleration and deceptive changes of pace to get to loose balls first, and bypass defenders.[21] His teammate Franz Beckenbauer has emphasized Müller's unusual speed: "His pace was incredible. In training I have played against him and I never had a chance."

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
how much is the buy option? Cause he must be worth £15M + now
I’ve seen reports that if Stuttgart qualify for Europe, which is looking very likely, then it’s 18m Euro - so you’re about right!

Double checked this and according to Bild it’s 18m Euro min, and more if they qualify for Europe.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We had a choice , he is our player !
<sigh> He went to Germany for family reasons, the same ones that had him almost ruled out for selection for much of the early part of last season, owing to his affect being so low.

We don't know what the family reasons are. Privacy and all that.

Very pleased he's doing well. :love:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
<sigh> He went to Germany for family reasons, the same ones that had him almost ruled out for selection for much of the early part of last season, owing to his affect being so low.

We don't know what the family reasons are. Privacy and all that.

Very pleased he's doing well. :love:
We def wanted to keep him if that price tag for the buy option is true. That’s high…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here