Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Demonstrators in Cologne get the full treatment

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Exactly, and let's not forget that people like Bob Crow, Dennis Skinner and even Jeremy Corbyn have long been against open unrestricted immigration due to its negative effect on the UK's labour market, not least for the low skilled and unskilled. That is working class, whose interests that the Labour Party is compelled to protect.

In this context open and free labour markets are a Tory wet dream, and why the Tories won't do much more about unfettered immigration than Labour.

These kinds of political nuances are unhelpful for the growing constituency of remedial virtue signallers.........where the essential argument is reduced to a left is good and right is bad dynamic.

Agree with some of that but it is a fact that Jeremy Corbyn does not consider mass immigration to be a problem. Which is why Labour oppose any cap and argues we should be taking more 'refugees'.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/corbyn-says-immigration-isnt-a-problem-a6673231.html

Allowing unfettered immigration was also a deliberate Labour policy according to the man who wrote the speech for Barbara Roche, the then Labour immigration minister, in 2000.

He said the final published version of the report promoted the labour market case for immigration but unpublished versions contained additional reasons.
"Earlier drafts I saw also included a driving political purpose: that mass immigration was the way that the Government was going to make the UK truly multicultural.
"I remember coming away from some discussions with the clear sense that the policy was intended – even if this wasn't its main purpose – to rub the Right's nose in diversity and render their arguments out of date."...

"But ministers wouldn't talk about it. In part they probably realised the conservatism of their core voters: while ministers might have been passionately in favour of a more diverse society, it wasn't necessarily a debate they wanted to have in working men's clubs in Sheffield or Sunderland."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...K-more-multicultural-says-former-adviser.html

It is also true that every time this issue was raised at the time the cry of prejudice/ racism was used by some on the left to clamp down on any debate.

Concern about immigration crosses the political spectrum amongst the public but amongst the political class there is a clear left right split.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I hope you are correct and we do come out of the EU, but i will be very surprised if that is the case. The campaign to stay in will have a massive amount of financial backing and i reckon the airtime that they get will far outweigh the out campaign.
I also think you are being a bit narrow minded to think that the only reason people want out is the immigration issue, many think that the rules we have foisted on us by the EU, the cost daily to the EU, the waste of money, that we import twice as much as we export, are some not all of other concerns that some people have also.
Hope our tax payers money isn't being spent on the in campaign mmmmm.
Hopefully we'll get boris in and the out campaign will take off even more.I still find it hard to believe that a British person actually thinks the EU is a great thing.
Everything comes down to money these days and the referendum will give the average jo a chance to put Britain first and to save our identity and sovereignty.
If we stay in then GB is finished as we know it

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Surely unless you actively engage in sexual assault you're against it by default?

Unless you consider the sheep syndrome - see someone else do it [and apparently get away with it] so do it yourself?

I confess this was me for things like under age drinking and Goldstone pitch invasions - I'd like to think I would absolve from gratuitous sexual assault mind ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here