Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Demonstration for Saturday

Albion Rob

I know what you mean mate, this is devastating and I have no chance of sleeping tonight.

I have heard dark rumblings about the fathers and to be fair they have something that is a part of them that everybody understands rather than a football club that is, to outsiders, just a hobby.

A march in midweek would be a real show of support - people taking time off for their football club.

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
i suggest amarch on sunday to the proposed site in falmer, the march could start at withdean. This march would cause considerable disruption seeing as it would involve closing sections of the A27, People could pick up the march as it passed thier house. And those from outside brighton could cycle or catch the train/bus to falmer. This march would have to be tottally non-confrontational, and people must not travel to falmer by car. This will show prescott the depth of feeling. And will show the press that falmer is not in an aoanb, as we would be by amajor road the whole way.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
We can do a march before the game on Staurday. We can get people there. Need The Argus front page.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think the most impact, given the time etc we have to work with, could be made by a march in Wycombe. Peaceful but with the aim of disruption - traffic in all likelihood.

Lots of signs, banners and chanting.

Would need someone with a good knowledge of Wycombe who could suggest a suitable meeting up point, and route to the ground.

We'd then have to go hell for leather to spread the word.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Turkey said:
We can do a march before the game on Staurday. We can get people there. Need The Argus front page.

I don't have a ticket for the game on Saturday but if there's a march/rally/whatever then I'll be there.

I suspect that we're going to need more than one march and we are going to have to bring either London's or Brighton's traffic to a complete standstill to get some attention.

Can we get the support of Wycombe fans at such short notice for Saturday? Can we get the support of other fans to join us?

May not be so easy this time around but hopefully the fans of Stockport, Bury, York, Doncaster etc will remember that we were the first set of fans to come their aid in numbers!

Let's get mobile folks-without Falmer we're f***ed and I ain't about to let The Albion disappear because of some little wanker who clearly has been influenced by something other common sense. I suspect some wrong doings here!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Bozza said:
I think the most impact, given the time etc we have to work with, could be made by a march in Wycombe. Peaceful but with the aim of disruption - traffic in all likelihood.

Lots of signs, banners and chanting.

Would need someone with a good knowledge of Wycombe who could suggest a suitable meeting up point, and route to the ground.

We'd then have to go hell for leather to spread the word.

It wouldn't take an awful lot of effort to bring the M40 to a standstill, especially where it joins the A4010(?)-the exit for the big ASDA and cinema complex.

That would get some attention!

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Donny fans have already arranged to post something on their message boards.

Invading the pitch (very tempting, admittedly!) is just going to punish the club and loses us points. A march through Wycombe dressed in black with added funereal props would be a starter..

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
We have to do something for the match on Saturday, it will be too short notice for something major to be done in London by then. That will have to be done either on the 14th, or sometime next week. Something also needs to be done in Brighton. A march at lunchtime either on Friday or Monday would get some attention.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
eiregull said:
i suggest amarch on sunday to the proposed site in falmer, the march could start at withdean. This march would cause considerable disruption seeing as it would involve closing sections of the A27, People could pick up the march as it passed thier house. And those from outside brighton could cycle or catch the train/bus to falmer. This march would have to be tottally non-confrontational, and people must not travel to falmer by car. This will show prescott the depth of feeling. And will show the press that falmer is not in an aoanb, as we would be by amajor road the whole way.
I think this is a SUPERB idea.
If this gets off the ground, then count me in. Kick off on Sunday morning at 11.00am in Tongdean Lane, and march up the A23 and along the A27 to the Falmer site.

If this happens, then I'm THERE.

Last edited:

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
protest ideas

link hands around the brighton town hall,
stadium / home office?

all bring whistles to the game?

deliver a (fake!) b.h.a. coloured coffin to JP...

btw, ithought official (falmer decision) announcement
was due last week? would today's report on the
area usage had to be changed / withdrawn,
if approved??

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Should there be a thread started just for inventive/creative ideas other than marches?

There are a few finding their way on to different threads and are in danger of getting lost.

A separate thread might help to focus minds/inspire something radical that will get us the publicity we need.

Just a thought!

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Can someone write a short, clear & concise statement from The fans of Brighton & Hove Albion urging for support.

Print 1000's of them off & hand them out at Wycombe & Churchill square on Saturday?

BrightonBelle

Jan 5, 2004
Burgess Hill
A march through London is out of the question as you have to apply to the Met Police for permission well in advance, (3 weeks I think.)

If we were to have some sort of protest at Wycombe it might be better to contact their supporters and make it a joint venture in a Fans Utd type show of support.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Albion Dan said:
The only thing that will get any f***ing publicity is to get the match abandoned on Saturday folks!!!!

WAKE UP!

Too right, all this hippy non confrontational shit won't mean anything.
We have to make an impact and if it means illegal stuff then so be it, we didn't beat Archer and Bellotti by holding hands and singing songs but by getting games abandoned and violent actions.
All this hippy luvvy shit is ok but it won't mean a wank, we either fight the ****s properly or don't bother :angry: :angry:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Albion Dan said:
The only thing that will get any f***ing publicity is to get the match abandoned on Saturday folks!!!!

WAKE UP!

You may have a point there Dan although now isn't the time to start pissing people off. Peaceful innovative campaigning is what we need over the next few days.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
OK, maybe hasty, but if the decision does go against us I fear the only option is mass havoc and disruption, at the end of the day it wont matter how many points we lose if we have no club!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ernest said:
Too right, all this hippy non confrontational shit won't mean anything.
We have to make an impact and if it means illegal stuff then so be it, we didn't beat Archer and Bellotti by holding hands and singing songs but by getting games abandoned and violent actions.
All this hippy luvvy shit is ok but it won't mean a wank, we either fight the ****s properly or don't bother :angry: :angry:

I feel exactly the same as you Ernest (shock-horror :eek: ) but at the moment we are only talking about a pencil pushing weasel's report that isn't too helpful to our cause. A balance needs to be struck initially.

If Prescott rules against us he can expect trouble like he's never experienced before...and I'll be the first to punch his lights out!

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
A downing street march is an excellent idea and if the numbers are high - it's will be high profile (as long as there is plenty of chanting)!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here