Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Demonstration for Saturday

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Demo on 10 Downing Street (or simular) needed THIS WEEKEND

Look at what the Fathers did this week...halted traffic. Look at what the dressed up judges did...got NATIONAL press (although we should'nt resort to what they did). we NEED to show Prescott how much this means to us, even if it means ripping up your Wycombe ticket and going to central London instead, we need to show our support, we need to get up there in our thousands and demonstrate and show in a peaceful protest just what this stadium means to us...WE NEED TO DO THIS.

Letters are good but we need something to get us on the 6 O'Clock news, something to get us a decent headline on the back/sport pages of every national newspaper - we need a trip to central london.

I'm up for it.....you with me?

Albion Rob

We need to do something, it needs to be big and fast.

I would suggest a massive sit-in in the centre circle at Wycombe on Saturday, completely non-violent and with the aim of getting the match abandoned, however I fear a lot of negative publicity and these things are always liable to spill over.

We have a game in two days time, a chance for a couple of thousand of us to meet and do something really dramatic.

Thinking caps....

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Pitch invasion isn't a good idea, will get more bad press than good. Definately agree with the trip to London. Only problem is that it's a bit short notice for support from other clubs. WE MUST DO THIS.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Violence may happen due to rising tempers etc,but i'll be up for a big demo in london that will certainly make the main news.:lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
nah pitch invasion = bad idea, trip to central london with more than withdeans capacity = good idea

Albion Rob

If we march on Downing Street it will make Meridian, the Argus and a couple of broadsheets tops.

If we are serious about eetting attention from EVERYWHERE it is going to have to be pretty dramatic.

I'm not endorsing a pitch invasion, but I do think something pretty amazing is needed.

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
May be a bit small and off key but as it's short notice how are either of these. March in Brighton in the next day or two. Publicise it to get the media coverage, but it won't matter if we can't get other clubs help in time. March in Wycombe purely because everyone will be there and some people won't want to miss the match. A BIG march in London will be what's needed though. This Saturday would be ideal timewise but organising it could be hard. Would 14th be too late?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
well if people wanna watch a match instead of fighting for the survival of their club then let 'em go to wycombe....missing one poxy match is f*** all compaired to the future of our club, your only loosing £15 odd quid, that aint the end of the world

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
surely amarch in london at 10am followed by 3 points at wycombe is possible

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
CrabtreeBHA said:
well if people wanna watch a match instead of fighting for the survival of their club then let 'em go to wycombe....missing one poxy match is f*** all compaired to the future of our club, your only loosing £15 odd quid, that aint the end of the world
Yeah agreed,but most supporters may not realise how serious it is in time.
Face it this is an internet site which has about 1% of our supporters and most won't see it in this way until its to late.:censored:

Albion Rob

I'm sorry Crabbers, but I disagree, a group of fans demonstrating in London at such short notice would be futile, and anyway, who the hell would b around on a Saturday to see it.

Maybe we should make a march on a weekday? I dunno.

As I say, I don't think getting on the pitch is the answer, but I do think something at Saturday's match would get us the most attention just for the fact that there are definately going to be TV cameras there.

Like I say though, I don't have the answer to this one.

Maybe we could all go to Wycombe and just stand outside.

Wimbledon tried stuff on a bigger scale than this and it got them exactly nowhere. We need to be more innovative.

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
How can we organise this then to get as many people as possible? Contact all TV and newspaper people, the club must have lots of people's emails from signing up for the website(not sure if its legal to use them though), flyers in the town centre, emails to other clubs.???

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
trouble is with midweek is people getting off work, something needs to be done, maybe 1000 fans stopping trais at brighton station would be a start (look what the fathers thing did to the traffic in selected cities).

hell I dont know, just fuelled up emotion running riot with me, hell I feel like driving upto Whitehall now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here