Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Poor Leeds fans saying white would have kicked on and got England recognition sooner if he played for a big club.

In other news. I note Leeds striker and second highest scoring Englishman in the league is not in the squad. Odd.

Interesting point but you need to look at it less simplistically. I gather Southgate prefers to play with one no 9. He has Kane and Calvert Lewin as first and second choice with other players that can play as a false 9 (ie rashford, sterling etc). So it was always going to be a challenge for Bamford given the competition.

White on the other hand benefits from being versatile and while Southgate obviously has some concerns over Maguirs's fitness so his chances were much higher.

To look at it more simplistically about who a player plays for is fine but only answers half the question. Given what I just said and the season that Leeds had I would not have been surprised if White got a call up earlier. His profile would have been even higher than it already is.

I'll caveat this with the fact that I have disliked Leeds for longer than last summer and was as pi??ed off as any of you over last summers saga from their fans.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think Newport County fans may have a thing or two to say about that

What do they know, before Ben White joined Leeds he didn't even know what a football was. Pure guess work by the Newport manager at the time saying Ben would play for England, I bet he says it about every loaning signing so he's right eventually.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Do Millwall fans keep banging on about them making Harry Kane in the same way? I mean in between their various racial slurs and threats.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No chance Leeds go down. They create far too many chances. Yes they didn’t create a single big chance vs us but we did a proper number on them. I can’t see them failing to win enough games. The blades season was a complete fluke. I still don’t know how it happened.

Good footballing teams coming up this summer which is great. We should be able to pick them off much better than bus parking.

The Blades first season was basically the reverse of us this year.

They got all the scrappy 1-0's and odd goal wins.
The Utd keeper did a lot of heavy lifting.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Just been speaking to Leeds fan who's a work colleague.

Reckons Bamford getting picked was wishful thinking and Waistcoat is a closet Villa fan for picking Watkins.

Also not convinced about BW. "looks like Maldini against average opposition".

Can't disagree really.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I knew Leeds fans would be claiming the credit for White’s call up :nono:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
According to the links posted earlier Ben was definitely picked for England because of a season in the 2nd division rather than one in the PL. Clowns. Anyway, thought I would post this. Its not about Leeds fans as such but one of their dopey players.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ld-would-be-a-star-if-he-stayed-at-leeds/?amp

It appears that Ben has been picked for England but Bamford hasn’t. That’s karma, dopey.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
So Ben White has been picked for England because of his versatility playing in various positions.

I’m pretty sure Leeds fans were claiming that by us playing him in various positions we were sending his career backwards.

Deluded twats !!!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
So Ben White has been picked for England because of his versatility playing in various positions.

I’m pretty sure Leeds fans were claiming that by us playing him in various positions we were sending his career backwards.

Deluded twats !!!

It's just too difficult for them to keep up.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here