Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Ah they are still well and truly deluded over a certain Mr Ben White. This thread has had nothing to do with their league position.

I’d wager that BW would much rather be playing for them than us, even more so after their decent first season back in the top flight, so their league position is certainly relevant.

White Fan man

Oct 25, 2020
Ah they are still well and truly deluded over a certain Mr Ben White. This thread has had nothing to do with their league position.

Quite happy with the three players we bought for 48 million. If we bought White we might not have been able to afford any of these. Llorente looks really good. Probably going to spend around 50-60 million in the summer. 2nd season syndrome, don't see it myself. Sheff U were losing once their first season restarted. That form and a few injuries carried into this past season. Wolves never struggled 2nd season nor did Villa. Leeds budgeted for 17th and 14 chosen TV games. Instead a 9th place finish is worth 16m extra and being chosen for 24 TV games is worth an extra 10 m. So they have 26m more than they budgeted for.
We don't need White now.

White Fan man

Oct 25, 2020
Of the teams coming up I think If Brentford win the play off they might survive. Watford will probably struggle as will Norwich if they sell Buendia. Soton are my favourites to drop and I think Burnley will join them. Can't see 3rd from bottom getting more than 32 points.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’d wager that BW would much rather be playing for them than us, even more so after their decent first season back in the top flight, so their league position is certainly relevant.

The fact that that he signed a new contract with us and didn’t put in a transfer request says otherwise.

Are you suggesting we forced him to stay here?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The blades season was a complete fluke. I still don’t know how it happened.

It wasn't a fluke though: the same thing happened to Huddersfield and to a certain extent to Hull (not in league position but they reached the FA Cup final), a few years earlier, Reading also followed a successful first season with a relegation.

It's not entirely unknown for a team to have a decent first season after promotion and then go down in the following season - momentum takes them forward and then they stall. I don't think it's likely that Leeds will go down next season but it wouldn't be a total shock either

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Of the teams coming up I think If Brentford win the play off they might survive. Watford will probably struggle as will Norwich if they sell Buendia. Soton are my favourites to drop and I think Burnley will join them. Can't see 3rd from bottom getting more than 32 points.

Wolves need to get their managerial appointment right or I can see them being in trouble. Southampton were dreadful in the second half of the season and they'd be scuppered without Ings. Palace are an unknown quantity. Norwich don't seem to have added anything new, but it's early days. There are plenty of relegation candidates, but Leeds should be okay. Those pointing out that we beat them twice are conveniently forgetting that Phillips, their best player, was missing in both games.

White Fan man

Oct 25, 2020
It wasn't a fluke though: the same thing happened to Huddersfield and to a certain extent to Hull (not in league position but they reached the FA Cup final), a few years earlier, Reading also followed a successful first season with a relegation.

It's not entirely unknown for a team to have a decent first season after promotion and then go down in the following season - momentum takes them forward and then they stall. I don't think it's likely that Leeds will go down next season but it wouldn't be a total shock either

Huddersfield spent very little. Don't remember Hull or Reading spending either. Makes you wonder what some teams do with the 200m they received (assuming they survived at least one season). West Ham have shown you can go from just above relegation zone to just below Champions League. Next season will be very different if COVID doesn't interfere. There will be fewer away wins and more pressure on teams like Newcastle and Arsenal if they start performing poorly, Everton could get sucked into this if they don't show signs of improvement. If City sign Kane or Haaland can't see anyone getting close to them. Not sure Liverpool will be back to 12 months ago. ManU have benefitted from sub-standard LPool and Chelsea so it remains to be seen if they have improved, they are only 5 pts or so better than last season. Maybe Leicester might actually get top 4 next season. Palace have some good players but losing Eze for the start of next season will hurt them and they have quite a few aging defenders so with a new manager they might struggle.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Wolves need to get their managerial appointment right or I can see them being in trouble. Southampton were dreadful in the second half of the season and they'd be scuppered without Ings. Palace are an unknown quantity. Norwich don't seem to have added anything new, but it's early days. There are plenty of relegation candidates, but Leeds should be okay. Those pointing out that we beat them twice are conveniently forgetting that Phillips, their best player, was missing in both games.

Lamptey was missing for both games as well? It was 11 v 11 that’s not an excuse

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Lamptey was missing for both games as well? It was 11 v 11 that’s not an excuse

Bissouma was on the bench at Elland Road too.

Lallana missed both games as well, Welbeck was also absent at Elland Road. March missed the game at the Amex. We also had 3 U23's on the bench at Elland Road in Sanders, Jenks and Khadra.

If Leeds missed Phillips that much they need to get better strength in depth as we coped quite well with 2 or 3 first choice players missing in both games.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The fact that that he signed a new contract with us and didn’t put in a transfer request says otherwise.

Are you suggesting we forced him to stay here?

I suppose if you read it enough times on social media, you start believing that it's true. I'm sure White enjoyed his season at Leeds. He played every week in a dominant, Championship-winning team - what professional sportsman wouldn't enjoy that? The assertion that that one season has somehow made him Leeds through and through is however delusional. He is from the south coast and, despite being let go by Saints as a 16 year old, has been carefully developed (and financially supported) since then through BHA U18s, U23s and then progressive level loans. He has no more affinity to Leeds than he has to Newport County.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

One man team ?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I suppose if you read it enough times on social media, you start believing that it's true. I'm sure White enjoyed his season at Leeds. He played every week in a dominant, Championship-winning team - what professional sportsman wouldn't enjoy that? The assertion that that one season has somehow made him Leeds through and through is however delusional. He is from the south coast and, despite being let go by Saints as a 16 year old, has been carefully developed (and financially supported) since then through BHA U18s, U23s and then progressive level loans. He has no more affinity to Leeds than he has to Newport County.

[emoji106] exactly. Thank you.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Poor Leeds fans saying white would have kicked on and got England recognition sooner if he played for a big club.

In other news. I note Leeds striker and second highest scoring Englishman in the league is not in the squad. Odd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here