[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[tweet]1396746618024648706[/tweet]

Leeds had a worse defensive record than Fulham, whilst Ben White was part of a defensive unit that was better than the likes of Leicester and West Ham (and, of course, Leeds).

Not sure that's indicative of a regression.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The rumours of White being called up at Dier's expense do make sense. For a start, he is better than Dier but that aside, whoever is called up is unlikely to feature and would be cover so it make sense to bring along someone who will probably be an important part of the squad for the next few years for experience. Plus he is versatile and can cover defensive midfield.

Would love for the rumour to be true.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Leeds had a worse defensive record than Fulham, whilst Ben White was part of a defensive unit that was better than the likes of Leicester and West Ham (and, of course, Leeds).

Not sure that's indicative of a regression.

Leeds conceded 54 goals and Brighton conceded 40 goals.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Completely agree. There is a rumour today that Ben may be getting a “surprise” selection in the England Euros squad, hope so, he deserves it along with Dunk.

I don’t know whether you listen to the GameDay podcast at all, but they were making a very strong case for Ben being selected. The reasons were that with the additional 3 players (26 instead of 23) Ben would be a good addition as he could gain valuable experience as he’s going to be in future squads, they also said that the additional 3 players need to be prepared to not get playing time and not be a trouble maker. He’s versatility makes him a strong option.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not the way he was skinned by Foden for City's second. Southgate will have taken one look at that and put a red line through his name, seeing as his whole reason for picking Dier instead of Dunk seems to be that Dunk was mugged off by one trick in training.

If Southgate were to put a red line through every defender that has been undone by Foden this past year then he'd probably be limited to only having Man City defenders in the squad.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
For all of the rants and vitriol that Leeds fans spouted last summer and throughout the season, it has to be said that the Leeds team have done exceptionally well, played some very entertaining football, and ended up far higher up the table than most of thought they would. There was no burn out in the last quarter of the season which many of us thought would happen, and at no point did they look in danger of getting involved in the relegation places.

Had it not been for the whole Ben White "hostage" nonsense I think most of us would have enjoyed seeing them do as well as they did. I certainly enjoyed watching them play (especially against us!)

If you take the whole arrogance aspect away, a lot of what they were saying has proven correct, comfortably safe from relegation, top half, certainly tore up some well established teams, Such a shame a large section of the fans have shown themselves to be total nob heads.

Had we had the results they had and position in the league we would all be more than happy and lording it over them up the road

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For all of the rants and vitriol that Leeds fans spouted last summer and throughout the season, it has to be said that the Leeds team have done exceptionally well, played some very entertaining football, and ended up far higher up the table than most of thought they would. There was no burn out in the last quarter of the season which many of us thought would happen, and at no point did they look in danger of getting involved in the relegation places.

Had it not been for the whole Ben White "hostage" nonsense I think most of us would have enjoyed seeing them do as well as they did. I certainly enjoyed watching them play (especially against us!)

If you take the whole arrogance aspect away, a lot of what they were saying has proven correct, comfortably safe from relegation, top half, certainly tore up some well established teams, Such a shame a large section of the fans have shown themselves to be total nob heads.

Had we had the results they had and position in the league we would all be more than happy and lording it over them up the road

Sure - they are still at least mostly wrong about Ben White though - our defence has been comfortably better than theirs this season, and plenty of indicators suggesting our league position is likely to improve further next season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Still surprised given what Bielsa apparently did in 8 months with Ben White why he can’t do it again with someone in their own academy ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Leeds conceded 54 goals and Brighton conceded 40 goals.

I'm not sure what your post is intended to say, beyond what mine already said: Ben White was part of a defence that was better than the one he left behind.

(We actually conceded 46.)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Why do it to yourself FFS!? Just don’t look at their forums or social media. Vagabond must either be a masochist, very bored or both. Utter madness.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not sure what your post is intended to say, beyond what mine already said: Ben White was part of a defence that was better than the one he left behind.

(We actually conceded 46.)

It was meant to provide additional info to your post (except I copied the For column instead of the Against column by mistake)

Sorry if I offended.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
leeds need to be aware of the tricky second season in the top-flight

i do recall that another yorksire club finished 9th season 1 then 20th season 2

they will need to evolve to survive - if GP could work them out and beat them twice, then the other managers will take note

I would piss myself if they failed to stay up next year

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
leeds need to be aware of the tricky second season in the top-flight

i do recall that another yorksire club finished 9th season 1 then 20th season 2

they will need to evolve to survive - if GP could work them out and beat them twice, then the other managers will take note

I would piss myself if they failed to stay up next year

It would be wonderful to see them go down next year wouldn’t it?

We could loan them one of our players again [emoji106]

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
No chance Leeds go down. They create far too many chances. Yes they didn’t create a single big chance vs us but we did a proper number on them. I can’t see them failing to win enough games. The blades season was a complete fluke. I still don’t know how it happened.

Good footballing teams coming up this summer which is great. We should be able to pick them off much better than bus parking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports