[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Was it against them in the first game? Might be wrong, but just remember him getting forward more than he normally does.

No , against them at ER, he played defensive midfield in place of Biss who was suspended.

This makes a bit of a nonsense over the claim we have only beaten them both times cos Phillips hasn’t played. At ER we had Lallana, Lamptey, Biss, Moder, Welbeck, all missing, plus our long , long term injuries. Apart from Phillips and Koch they had a full squad.

I can’t find any games where White played at wingback since the 6thNovember

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
No , against them at ER, he played defensive midfield in place of Biss who was suspended.

Biss was suspended for the Man City game, he was on the bench at Elland Road. White had played RB and RWB a few times this season, mainly after subs had been made but I think he started at RWB in one game, possibly the West Ham game.

Obviously the Leeds fans don’t understand how we line up and that when attacking our left and right centre backs go very wide to cover for the wing backs who’ve pushed forward and sometimes push forward themselves. There was a really good tweet a few weeks ago about how Sanchez was almost playing as an extra centre back at times to push the team further forward. I’m sure the Leeds fans would dismiss this though as it wasn’t a tactic developed by Bielsa.

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Biss was suspended for the Man City game, he was on the bench at Elland Road. White had played RB and RWB a few times this season, mainly after subs but I think he started at RWB in one game, possibly the West Ham game.

Obviously the Leeds fans don’t understand how we line up and that when attacking our left and right centre backs go very wide to cover for the wing backs who’ve pushed forward and sometimes push forward themselves. There was a really good tweet a few weeks ago about how Sanchez was almost playing as an extra centre back at times to push the team further forward.

I bow to your superior knowledge.
It’s no wonder that their fans can’t understand how we line up, their manager hasn’t either the last 2 times we’ve played them.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

This makes a bit of a nonsense over the claim we have only beaten them both times cos Phillips hasn’t played. At ER we had Lallana, Lamptey, Biss, Moder, Welbeck, all missing, plus our long , long term injuries. Apart from Phillips and Koch they had a full squad.

I can’t find any games where White played at wingback since the 6thNovember

Think the Athletic did an article on this where they referenced him adopting the RCB position when we play out from the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Remember when that Killer Whale chap used to insist on using terms like Enganche in place of link up man or creative midfielder as it made him feel superior. What a dickhead. All that posturing just to get done by Potter :lol:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Alternatively their club finally returned to the EPL and the fans insisted they were going to do well.
Demanding players signed for them.
Talking of Europe.
Talking of taking games to the primadonnas of English football.

As opposed to us, 4, soon to be 5, years of steadfastly holding onto the principles of:-

Finishing 4th from bottom.
Following the relegation tracker.
Keeping a close eye on the relegation odd.
'If only that had gone in'.
Coughing up points to palace.

Yes they were feckin annoying.
Yes I hope the do a Sheffield Utd next season.

But blimey charlie they've enjoyed this season, bar the 180 minutes playing us.
How many of us can say the same of this year or our entire time since promotion?

our time wil come

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Is there something in the water up there? What the hell is Paul Robinson banging on about. “I’d love us to have kept him”. Uh.. he wasn’t ever yours mate. That’s what a loan is.

And he seems very keen that Ben leaves us in the Summer. It must really bother him that he chose to stay at little old Brighton.

Speaking before Leeds' defeat to Brighton, former goalkeeper Paul Robinson predicted White to move from the Amex this summer.

“I’m very, very surprised that other suitors didn’t come in for him," Former Whites shot-stopper Robinson said on Amazon Prime Video.

I expect they will do so at the end of this season.

"Disappointing for Leeds, I’d love to be able to say Leeds would have been able to keep him, but regardless of Brighton’s plight this season, he’ll be moving on.”

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Leeds fans are thick

They’re from Leeds for Christ sake , what did you expect

Give the poor saps a break , they can’t help it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Is there something in the water up there? What the hell is Paul Robinson banging on about. “I’d love us to have kept him”. Uh.. he wasn’t ever yours mate. That’s what a loan is.

And he seems very keen that Ben leaves us in the Summer. It must really bother him that he chose to stay at little old Brighton.

Possibly - https://www.yorkshirewater.com/your-water/my-water-looks-different/
"On rare occasions, blue-coloured tap water can also be due to such water from poorly installed toilet cisterns siphoning back into the internal plumbing."

Sounds great.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Robinson got a free platform for his opinions from Amazon for the Leeds game. Not sure why, even when we play at The Amex, the opposition have one or more of their former players in the studio/on the commentary team and we don't have anybody. Must admit, I hoped when Robinson asked Potter for the secret of how Brighton outplayed Leeds for both games this season, I was hoping for a good 'jokey' putdown' - something like 'we just asked Ben White' or 'Leeds always play the same way, so it it's easy to out think Bielsa'.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Robinson got a free platform for his opinions from Amazon for the Leeds game. Not sure why, even when we play at The Amex, the opposition have one or more of their former players in the studio/on the commentary team and we don't have anybody. Must admit, I hoped when Robinson asked Potter for the secret of how Brighton outplayed Leeds for both games this season, I was hoping for a good 'jokey' putdown' - something like 'we just asked Ben White' or 'Leeds always play the same way, so it it's easy to out think Bielsa'.

I know Casper is the youth GK coach, but he would’ve been the ideal pundit, having played for both teams.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Amusingly though, according to the pre match pundits comments I’m surprised we even turned up, always a game we were going to lose according to them on what I watched (which wasn’t all of it in fairness) :lolol:

#teamslikebrighton comments post match from most Leeds fans were brilliant though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports