[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I don’t really understand what you’re arguing about to be honest.

I can’t help but notice you’re dodging the question. Bielsa is talked about by Leeds faithful as a world class manager. What trophies has he won?

We both know what trophies he's won, you listed them in the post I originally replied to. I'm not going to bother checking his Wikipedia page to see if you missed off some U-16s league trophy that he keeps on his mantlepiece, because we both know that's not the point.

Some managers have careers that enable them to amass some massive haul of trophies, and can rest their reputation on it. Some, for all manner of reasons, don't get the same numbers but are considered excellent managers for developing their teams, improving the playing style, taking their clubs fans on a journey. Do you not think those things have any value?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
We both know what trophies he's won, you listed them in the post I originally replied to. I'm not going to bother checking his Wikipedia page to see if you missed off some U-16s league trophy that he keeps on his mantlepiece, because we both know that's not the point.

Some managers have careers that enable them to amass some massive haul of trophies, and can rest their reputation on it. Some, for all manner of reasons, don't get the same numbers but are considered excellent managers for developing their teams, improving the playing style, taking their clubs fans on a journey. Do you not think those things have any value?

Not sure if Potter has won anything even at under 16 level but some nice words none the less...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

And that’s all nice and makes him a very good coach I’m sure. Your position is perfectly reasonable.

But I don’t consider a manager who doesn’t win major trophies to be world class.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
i apologise if you read any homophobic connotation into my post, not my intent at all. and i'd like to think i've been around these parts long enough for you all to know i wouldn't go there. i put cute as in trying to be superficially clever.

Fair enough .......................... but it still sounds a bit twattish! :)

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Interesting on what makes a ‘world class manager’ - is Pepe world class having never done anything but manage at 3 of the wealthiest clubs in the world

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
A classic old school #freebenwhite.

Had to double check, but it is legit and not parody.

[tweet]1387956825706967040[/tweet]

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Interesting on what makes a ‘world class manager’ - is Pepe world class having never done anything but manage at 3 of the wealthiest clubs in the world

It is very true, but alongside that, at top clubs you’re man managing a lot of world renowned players with massive profiles who have arguably a lot more power than the manager. Not easy.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Fans of one bottom half of the table team mock another bottom half of the table team. Oh well, once a tw@t always a tw@t I suppose. Bah tat and all that.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Dear Leeds .

You have been weighed , measured , and found wanting .

In every aspect of a football match between two teams of 11 players , management, and coaching .

P.S thank you for the 6 points again

Ner .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Dear Leeds .

You have been weighed , measured , and found wanting .

In every aspect of a football match between two teams of 11 players , management, and coaching .

P.S thank you for the 6 points again

Ner .

And you're only ten points ahead of us.

Ner.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It is very true, but alongside that, at top clubs you’re man managing a lot of world renowned players with massive profiles who have arguably a lot more power than the manager. Not easy.

And even given the set ups he's had, not many managers would get a side playing like Pep. He improves individuals and teams.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

...and we never claimed not selling was because they were 'relegation rival', we just said 'rival'. As in we both play in the same division, and the name of the game in that division is getting points on the board, so we wouldnt want to sell to a club that we would be playing and fighting for points with (which we took all 6). The only clubs in the Prem we wouldnt deem a rival would be top 6 clubs really, as if they had Ben White or not probably makes little difference in our ability to take some points off them as they'd just be playing another expensive defender instead.

Leeds are hilarious. :ffsparr:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

A little scroll through that guys tweets and its all pro Trump, pro Nigel Farage, and not in favour of players taking the knee. I bet he's a lovely chap.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A little scroll through that guys tweets and its all pro Trump, pro Nigel Farage, and not in favour of players taking the knee. I bet he's a lovely chap.

Blimey, how did he manage to avoid the temptation of homophobia?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have seen one tweet that says we have taken the best Centre back in last year’s Championship and played him as a wingback all season. Anyone know how many times he played at wingback? There may have been once, early on in the season,I’m not even sure about that.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I have seen one tweet that says we have taken the best Centre back in last year’s Championship and played him as a wingback all season. Anyone know how many times he played at wingback? There may have been once, early on in the season,I’m not even sure about that.

Was it against them in the first game? Might be wrong, but just remember him getting forward more than he normally does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports