Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
you lot are cute.

i am not bielsa's biggest fan but i think the vast majority of his reverence amongst leeds fans doesn't come from him being 'world class' but from him being able to achieve after 16 seasons something which everyone before him failed to do or took us to even worse places. he came in after paul heckingbottom and those 16 games he was in charge were some of the worst i have ever seen in my life. then they reached for bielsa, he came in and got those same - at best bang average championship players - playing like they actually know what football is and why they are on a pitch, then gets those same cloddy players promoted as champions comfortably after playing some very anti leeds pretty football. i don't know what makes a world class manager, it probably isn't bielsa and i mightn't be a big fan of his but coming after the insipid managers - gary monk, steve evans etc,. that he did he has been a breath of fresh air.

He took a bang average Championship team to the Premier League in two seasons and then kept them there.

So exactly the same as Chris Hughton then?

Where's Chris's statue?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
you lot are cute.

i am not bielsa's biggest fan but i think the vast majority of his reverence amongst leeds fans doesn't come from him being 'world class' but from him being able to achieve after 16 seasons something which everyone before him failed to do or took us to even worse places. he came in after paul heckingbottom and those 16 games he was in charge were some of the worst i have ever seen in my life. then they reached for bielsa, he came in and got those same - at best bang average championship players - playing like they actually know what football is and why they are on a pitch, then gets those same cloddy players promoted as champions comfortably after playing some very anti leeds pretty football. i don't know what makes a world class manager, it probably isn't bielsa and i mightn't be a big fan of his but coming after the insipid managers - gary monk, steve evans etc,. that he did he has been a breath of fresh air.

He's done fantastically well at Leeds. He's taken pretty average players and got good performances from them and then taken that into the PL. He's achieved similar to what Wilder did at Sheff Utd and I reckon he'll do OK next season too, not the collapse of Sheff Utd albeit unlikely to be as well placed as this season.

The problem is with the vocal majority of the Leeds support, that hold him up as some sort of alchemist. It's funny for a while and then pretty bloody disturbing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
you lot are cute.

First line is a bit twattish.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Sure, of course I have. What’s that got to do with me asking how many trophies he’s won though? :shrug:

Well you answered that question yourself, so I assumed it was rhetorical. I was responding to:

I mean it’s alright. But for a world class manager I’d expect more. What am I missing?

There was a drastic improvement after he arrived, and Leeds have produced plenty of excellent performances over this season. They've also got some obvious flaws. If you've watched them you should have a decent understanding of Bielsa's qualities, as well as his weaknesses.

So by Leeds logic Hughton is world class!

Is it controversial to suggest that Hughton is an excellent manager, who deserves a lot of praise for his achievements at Brighton?

And, aside from the rampant bellendry of large sections of the Leeds fan base, is there any reason why Bielsa shouldn't be deserving of the same praise?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
got to keep the stereotype going.

The homophobic connotations of your post or the stereotype (that there’s plenty of evidence to back up) that Leeds have a high % of twattish fans?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
The homophobic connotations of your post or the stereotype (that there’s plenty of evidence to back up) that Leeds have a high % of twattish fans?

i apologise if you read any homophobic connotation into my post, not my intent at all. and i'd like to think i've been around these parts long enough for you all to know i wouldn't go there. i put cute as in trying to be superficially clever.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Again Leeds fans over-rated. For a big game they'll do one or two loud songs.

I've been twice and the atmosphere all came from our end.

Agree, well under the hype they portray

Last time I was there they were very quiet with the exception of 100 odd of them grunting what county we were currently In, strange!

A good night out though to be fair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well you answered that question yourself, so I assumed it was rhetorical. I was responding to:

There was a drastic improvement after he arrived, and Leeds have produced plenty of excellent performances over this season. They've also got some obvious flaws. If you've watched them you should have a decent understanding of Bielsa's qualities, as well as his weaknesses.

Is it controversial to suggest that Hughton is an excellent manager, who deserves a lot of praise for his achievements at Brighton?

And, aside from the rampant bellendry of large sections of the Leeds fan base, is there any reason why Bielsa shouldn't be deserving of the same praise?

I don’t really understand what you’re arguing about to be honest.

I can’t help but notice you’re dodging the question. Bielsa is talked about by Leeds faithful as a world class manager. What trophies has he won?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
i apologise if you read any homophobic connotation into my post, not my intent at all. and i'd like to think i've been around these parts long enough for you all to know i wouldn't go there. i put cute as in trying to be superficially clever.

Yes there's no way you would be homophobic. You're too nice Starry :love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here