Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think this season is an odd one stats wise due to crowds etc.

A more reliable yardstick will be when full stadia (View attachment 136342) return the status quo.

Again Leeds fans over-rated. For a big game they'll do one or two loud songs.

I've been twice and the atmosphere all came from our end.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
They were lucky to lose 2-0 on Saturday, Maupay and Trossard’s missed chances were horrendous.

Yes mate.

Should have been 4, could have been 6.

Should have sent them packing back their northern hole with their tails properly between their legs.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yes mate.

Should have been 4, could have been 6.

Should have sent them packing back their northern hole with their tails properly between their legs.

Last time we were beating them 4-0 at halftime the majority of their fans had cleared of home by the second half.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
I think this season is an odd one stats wise due to crowds etc.

A more reliable yardstick will be when full stadia (View attachment 136342) return the status quo.

If anything, Leeds fans get on their team's back - they should count themselves lucky they haven't had the mentalists in the stadium as they quite often inhibit their own team when they're not playing that well..

Direct opposite to liverpool where the crowd really can be an extra man...

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
'After loans with Newport County and Peterborough United, there was little evidence Brighton & Hove Albion had any serious plan in place for the defender.'

Er, who wants to tell them how career progression works?

Astonishing how this ignorance continues to perpetuate.

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
I confess, I’ve enjoyed watching the dirties this season, but, I’ve enjoyed watching them lose more.

It’s not only us, btw, Newcastle and WHU, also did the double over them, and have both been slated as smaller clubs getting lucky on the day by a certain section of their support.

Leeds fans doing what Leeds fans do.

Really?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Well his previous managed clubs includes Argentina, Chile, Espanyol, Lille, Athletic Bilbao, Lazio, and Marseille. He's won a few trophies with that lot and made it to cup finals. Not many Championship managers (or Prem tbh) who can boast a CV like that so it was an impressive appointment for them at the time.

In fairness Bielsa lasted only 13 games at Lille and 2 days at Lazio.

Nevertheless a coach who always produces exciting and unpredictable performances from his teams.
A wonderful addition to the Premier League.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
In fairness Bielsa lasted only 13 games at Lille and 2 days at Lazio.

Nevertheless a coach who always produces exciting and unpredictable performances from his teams.
A wonderful addition to the Premier League.

Love the way he sits on his bucket or squats, watching like a dispassionate spectator as his team head for defeat, as though it’s nothing to do with him and he can do nothing to try and affect the result.

Too much of a maverick for Spurs I suspect.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Argentina had a decent squad for World Cup 02 and didn’t get out of the group and scored 2 goals. Sweden and England got through the group. He must have had been unlucky.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well his previous managed clubs includes Argentina, Chile, Espanyol, Lille, Athletic Bilbao, Lazio, and Marseille. He's won a few trophies with that lot and made it to cup finals. Not many Championship managers (or Prem tbh) who can boast a CV like that so it was an impressive appointment for them at the time.

Bucketman’s done ok, but I’m yet to understand how he’s this “World Class” manager the Leeds fans tell us.

What’s he actually won.

The Argentinian league with Newalls. Ok.
Olympics tournament. Ok but with few major teams taking part, or if they were just playing youth players.
And... the championship?

I mean it’s alright. But for a world class manager I’d expect more. What am I missing?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don't hold back Blue. Tell it like it is.

I had a couple of days on WACCOE (before someone screamed for a mod and got me banned for trying to have a sensible conversation - I know, my bad). If that forum is representative I reckon those figures are understated.:)

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Bucketman’s done ok, but I’m yet to understand how he’s this “World Class” manager the Leeds fans tell us.

What’s he actually won.

The Argentinian league with Newalls. Ok.
Olympics tournament. Ok but with few major teams taking part, or if they were just playing youth players.
And... the championship?

I mean it’s alright. But for a world class manager I’d expect more. What am I missing?

Aside from our matches against them, have you watched any of Leeds' games over the last 3 seasons?

el punal

Love the way he sits on his bucket or squats, watching like a dispassionate spectator as his team head for defeat, as though it’s nothing to do with him and he can do nothing to try and affect the result.

Too much of a maverick for Spurs I suspect.

I’m glad you didn’t say “love the way he sits on his bucket AND squats”. :eek:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
you lot are cute.

i am not bielsa's biggest fan but i think the vast majority of his reverence amongst leeds fans doesn't come from him being 'world class' but from him being able to achieve after 16 seasons something which everyone before him failed to do or took us to even worse places. he came in after paul heckingbottom and those 16 games he was in charge were some of the worst i have ever seen in my life. then they reached for bielsa, he came in and got those same - at best bang average championship players - playing like they actually know what football is and why they are on a pitch, then gets those same cloddy players promoted as champions comfortably after playing some very anti leeds pretty football. i don't know what makes a world class manager, it probably isn't bielsa and i mightn't be a big fan of his but coming after the insipid managers - gary monk, steve evans etc,. that he did he has been a breath of fresh air.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
you lot are cute.

i am not bielsa's biggest fan but i think the vast majority of his reverence amongst leeds fans doesn't come from him being 'world class' but from him being able to achieve after 16 seasons something which everyone before him failed to do or took us to even worse places. he came in after paul heckingbottom and those 16 games he was in charge were some of the worst i have ever seen in my life. then they reached for bielsa, he came in and got those same - at best bang average championship players - playing like they actually know what football is and why they are on a pitch, then gets those same cloddy players promoted as champions comfortably after playing some very anti leeds pretty football. i don't know what makes a world class manager, it probably isn't bielsa and i mightn't be a big fan of his but coming after the insipid managers - gary monk, steve evans etc,. that he did he has been a breath of fresh air.

Fair enough.....we had Sami not so long ago. At least we let you lot on here to talk about it........

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
you lot are cute.

After Gary Monk, Steve Evans & Paul Heckingbottom trapped in a broken lift with one of my much missed dogs after he'd swallowed a Dog Fish whole, would come as a breath of fresh air.

What were you thinking?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here