Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I may have missed something, what did Maupay do to rile them? If anything they should have been clamouring for him to stay on the field.

He has history with Leeds from Brentford days and don't forget that his disruption led to the defender giving the ball to Wellbeck and we know what happened next....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He has history with Leeds from Brentford days and don't forget that his disruption led to the defender giving the ball to Wellbeck and we know what happened next....

Celebrated in front of their fans - cupped ears. Then, just to be the ultimate shithouse he is, replicated the celebration in front of an empty stand when he scored the WINNER at bellend road this season - class :lol:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
How could anyone who’s watched or played us, come away possibly thinking we’re that kind of team?

Maybe they're a bit delusional? Or dense, something beginning with a D.

This one had me scratching my head.

She obviously hasn't seen Potter in his interviews.

And why is this completely imaginary scenario "the worst part"? ???

[tweet]1388545804827299840[/tweet]

Or the interview with Jack Harrison, one of their own players, who said they couldn't cope with how we set up yesterday.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Hahaha. No plan in place. Of course not, that's why we loaned him to a strong championship side with a good chance of promotion. Just for shits and giggles, not for the experience or anything (which has clearly done him wonders).

We also had Derby County lined up if Leeds didn't drop their attempt for an option to buy. They are also ignoring wages in that article I reckon that Koch is on at least what Ben is on and Llorente a lot more.. Its amazing how things look if you pick and choose the points you want to lookat.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It’d be so sweet to see this lot have a nice dose of Sheff Utd second season syndrome.

[tweet]1388587105438388235[/tweet]

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
No doubt Bielsa is half decent coach, you only have to look at his history to see that, but im not seeing this master tactician side of him that gets quoted so often. Played them twice this season and have offered so little. Other football fans ive happened to watch a Leeds game with have said ''they just seem to run around a lot'' but apart from that there's no real strategy.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If Potter plays his cards right, he MIGHT have the honour of succeeding the mighty Bielsa.

[tweet]1388842900201615366[/tweet]

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
If Potter plays his cards right, he MIGHT have the honour of succeeding the mighty Bielsa.

[tweet]1388842900201615366[/tweet]

Do they really think Bloom would let Potter go to Leeds.....ha ha they couldn't even prise Ben White away.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This one had me scratching my head.

She obviously hasn't seen Potter in his interviews.

And why is this completely imaginary scenario "the worst part"? ???

[tweet]1388545804827299840[/tweet]

Nothing says tactically outsmart like an aggregate score of 0-3 and the opposition keeper barely having a save to make over the two games (Leeds aggregate xG over 180 minutes was a massive 0.76).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No doubt Bielsa is half decent coach, you only have to look at his history to see that, but im not seeing this master tactician side of him that gets quoted so often. Played them twice this season and have offered so little. Other football fans ive happened to watch a Leeds game with have said ''they just seem to run around a lot'' but apart from that there's no real strategy.

MOTD essentially said we ‘out-Leedsed’ Leeds. As for Bielsa, his post match mumbling basically admitted that they had no answer to how we played......again :)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Albion is my only football interest but find it odd all the negativity towards Leeds. They have had an outstanding first season and have been consistently good to watch. Even on Saturday after we scored thought they looked very much like getting back in game. It was only our excellent play that stopped them getting near our goal. Again because we played so well they did fade in 2nd half.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Albion is my only football interest but find it odd all the negativity towards Leeds. They have had an outstanding first season and have been consistently good to watch. Even on Saturday after we scored thought they looked very much like getting back in game. It was only our excellent play that stopped them getting near our goal. Again because we played so well they did fade in 2nd half.

Most of the negativity is aimed entirely at their fans.

I understand that leeds are entertaining to watch, but I strongly disagree that Leeds looked like getting back into the game.
Aside from our innate ability to throw a way points, I wasn't unduly concerned at any point during the game.

It was our most comfortable game of the season. Which is why many of us feel that Leeds fans (and a good chunk of the media) are massively deluded.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I noticed a bitter Leeds fan, reply to someone, with a "Well done plucky Brighton, on winning your 'We Beat Leeds' trophy"

I replied "That's nice. thanks very much. We'll put it with the other 7, from our previous 8 meetings".

Then his internet broke.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

I understand that leeds are entertaining to watch, but I strongly disagree that Leeds looked like getting back into the game.
Aside from our innate ability to throw a way points, I wasn't unduly concerned at any point during the game.

It was our most comfortable game of the season. Which is why many of us feel that Leeds fans (and a good chunk of the media) are massively deluded.

Well yes quite.

Anyone who doubts their unbelievable arrogance and removal from reality needs to go back 9 months and read a few posts from this and the Ben White thread.

Disagree on the media being deluded. The media are brazenly sycophantic to Leeds (and a select few others) because their supporters lap it up and want to return to their outlet for more.

90% Leeds fans are dim enough to believe the guff the media spout and happily return for more. It wouldn't work on every fan base. It wouldn't work with us for example, (most Albion fans would cringe at that sort of divorced from reality coverage). Just those with utterly dim fans ... like Leeds. It's not delusion from the media .... more calculation.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

I agree with that, I've only caught a few of our games on TV this season, but have been struck how comfortable we look as a side (other than when poking the ball at goal) in terms of our positioning in both defence and attack - we never look out of our depth, and frequently make the opponents look like they are struggling.

It is a nice place to be.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well yes quite.

Anyone who doubts their unbelievable arrogance and removal from reality needs to go back 9 months and read a few posts from this and the Ben White thread.

Disagree on the media being deluded. The media are brazenly sycophantic to Leeds (and a select few others) because their supporters lap it up and want to return to their outlet for more.

90% Leeds fans are dim enough to believe the guff the media spout and happily return for more. It wouldn't work on every fan base. It wouldn't work with us for example, (most Albion fans would cringe at that sort of divorced from reality coverage). Just those with utterly dim fans ... like Leeds. It's not delusion from the media .... more calculation.

I was deluded enough to think that Leeds would be in a relegation battle before the season kicked off. I have to confess that I have enjoyed watching Leeds in the games I’ve watched, especially against the Albion :smile:

There is no doubt that they are worth watching most games, it really is shit or bust, what’s not to like?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I noticed a bitter Leeds fan, reply to someone, with a "Well done plucky Brighton, on winning your 'We Beat Leeds' trophy"

I replied "That's nice. thanks very much. We'll put it with the other 7, from our previous 8 meetings".

Then his internet broke.

I sent through a payment twice to a treasurer of an association I belong to, and got this reply.

1. On receipt of the first payment - seems like we let you win today as a favour to Ben White
2. My reply -We always enjoy a Leeds visit to Brighton.
3.I realised what I'd done and said it was the excitement of beating them - I don't why you got so excited. It was an awful game, the only good thing was the second goal. Apparently you have won 9 out of 10 of the last meetings. Bit of a bogey team

So, it was't our skill or team play but the bogey that beat them. :lolol:

Blame it on the bogey :rave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here