Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Honestly can’t recall in all my years of watching football (38) a more contemptuous set of fans as Leeds have. And their spew is not just reserved for us either - the entitlement is there with every other team too.
It’s why (despite the PR campaign orchestrated frequently by Sky pundits) they will never be liked, respected or loved.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
This one had me scratching my head.

She obviously hasn't seen Potter in his interviews.

And why is this completely imaginary scenario "the worst part"? ???

[tweet]1388545804827299840[/tweet]

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Generally complimentary about us...and IW not giving Leeds the get out of a bad day..but saying it was because of how well we played...only down side was the nutter who did the match commentary who kept on referring to Leeds sustained pressure :facepalm:

That was a joke. I think it was the comment just after Welbeck has scored, something about us being very relieved by surviving relentless Leeds pressure or similar BS. They didn’t have a clear chance to score all match FFS, just a few half chances. What planet was that commentator from???

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Honestly can’t recall in all my years of watching football (38) a more contemptuous set of fans as Leeds have. And their spew is not just reserved for us either - the entitlement is there with every other team too.
It’s why (despite the PR campaign orchestrated frequently by Sky pundits) they will never be liked, respected or loved.

It’s been quite funny this season watching the media trying to push this Leeds love and them being everyone’s second favourite team thing etc, when fans of ALL other clubs are quite clear on their strong dislike for them still!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
This one had me scratching my head.

She obviously hasn't seen Potter in his interviews.

And why is this completely imaginary scenario "the worst part"? ???

[tweet]1388545804827299840[/tweet]

Perhaps she’s missed it but Potter has tactically outsmarted Bielsa. Twice.

theboybilly

Perhaps she’s missed it but Potter has tactically outsmarted Bielsa. Twice.

Indeed, on both occasions Bielsa has looked if anything totally bereft of ideas against us. His CV is not that outstanding for a Head Coach of his,experience. His trophy haul, such as it is, is put in the shade by so many managers just in this country. I give him one more season after this

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Leeds Live: Leeds United have had the last laugh despite Ben White pain of last summer.
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-ben-white-pain-20507108

Pfft! Really?

I know they’ve had a strong season and will finish above us. That could be said to be the “last laugh”. However, the article’s core premise seems to be that they found a stronger central defensive option after having failed to secure White, as demonstrated by this pile of pants...

“If it were not for the Brighton chief executive’s resolve in resisting Andrea Radrizzani’s money, United may never have come to establish one of the most powerful centre-back departments in the league.”

Most powerful in the league? This from a club that has shipped 13 more goals than us. The Leeds goal is hardly bloody Fort Knox.

Good to see the delusion even extends to their local press.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed, on both occasions Bielsa has looked if anything totally bereft of ideas against us. His CV is not that outstanding for a Head Coach of his,experience. His trophy haul, such as it is, is put in the shade by so many managers just in this country. I give him one more season after this

I struggle to understand why he’s so lauded. He has a plan A which can work well, but doesn’t seem to have any plan b when it doesn’t. What’s so “tactical genius” about that? A lack of alternatives is surely the exact opposite?

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
OMG, I found a decent one
"Brighton have a hold over us this season.
They have grafted incredibly hard over both games and stopped us from playing our normal game.
Yes, we’ve been poor but most of it is down to them.
The hardest team to beat we’ve faced all season.
I realise this won’t be popular but it’s true".

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
A Leeds fan has just told me that we didn’t dominate yesterday and quoted shot stats and possession numbers. Ignores the point their shots were from miles out whereas we created loads of great chances. Most of their passing was messing about in defence.

I reckon we have equally dominated a further 8-10 games and not won any of them and lost about half. We could so easily have another 15-20 points. It is remarkable really.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
OMG, I found a decent one
"Brighton have a hold over us this season.
They have grafted incredibly hard over both games and stopped us from playing our normal game.
Yes, we’ve been poor but most of it is down to them.
The hardest team to beat we’ve faced all season.
I realise this won’t be popular but it’s true".

Two year ban incoming for that Leeds Fan. Failing to follow the cult of Leeds to the letter is a serious offence, they don’t like a reasoned argument in that part of Yorkshire.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I struggle to understand why he’s so lauded. He has a plan A which can work well, but doesn’t seem to have any plan b when it doesn’t. What’s so “tactical genius” about that? A lack of alternatives is surely the exact opposite?

The fact we started with, what was essentially 5 cbs, in defence, and yet Dirty Leeds just kept crossing high balls into the box, tells you all you need to know. The way most teams who do well against us is let us have the ball, pack their box, and snatch a goal on the break. The teams we have done well against are the teams who try to out play us.
You’d think a ‘tactical genius’ would have seen that.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A Leeds fan has just told me that we didn’t dominate yesterday and quoted shot stats and possession numbers. Ignores the point their shots were from miles out whereas we created loads of great chances. Most of their passing was messing about in defence.

I reckon we have equally dominated a further 8-10 games and not won any of them and lost about half. We could so easily have another 15-20 points. It is remarkable really.

He was incredibly wrong if he quoted shot stats to back up supposed dominance:

Screenshot 2021-05-02 09.25.11.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here