Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Most of your forum reckoned Leeds were going straight down at the start of the season.

Leeds are on an upward trajectory now. San Francisco 49'ers have invested £50m that will be used to develop the stadium, training ground. Everyone keeps banging on about how many goals we concede but both our CB signings have been injured as well as our backup CB so like Liverpool we have had 3 CBs injured for most of the season. This has left us playing two left-footed CB's which is far from ideal but it looks like we have found one.

Next season we will buy a left-back and a central midfield playmaker not to mention our crop of U23 players who top their league by 10 pts and play just as good attacking football as the first team.

Fair play. Really putting those Stoke and Reading U23 teams in their place.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Better watch out, they’re after Lamptey as well now! We’ll do well to keep them both when the mighty Leeds come calling.

[tweet]1362887034453565444[/tweet]

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Better watch out, they’re after Lamptey as well now! We’ll do well to keep them both when the mighty Leeds come calling.

[tweet]1362887034453565444[/tweet]
They are starting to use this "break the bank" phrase but they have no concept of how much the bank would cost to break.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Cant stand Leeds, probably hate them more than palace. This thread however.... is embarrassing at nearly 600 pages :eek:

My page is set at 6000. Only 1 page. Stop catastrophising. :amex:

Admittedly they are the gift that keeps giving, along with Massive.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Most of your forum reckoned Leeds were going straight down at the start of the season.

No they didn't. The general consensus was that Leeds United will be okay, as indeed they are.

Leeds are on an upward trajectory now. San Francisco 49'ers have invested £50m that will be used to develop the stadium, training ground. Everyone keeps banging on about how many goals we concede but both our CB signings have been injured as well as our backup CB so like Liverpool we have had 3 CBs injured for most of the season. This has left us playing two left-footed CB's which is far from ideal but it looks like we have found one.

Good start, our facility has been rated as one of the best in the country, and before Manchester City opened theirs, the best. (It was the FA that said that, not random Albion fans). But training facilities doth butter no parsnips

Next season we will buy a left-back and a central midfield playmaker not to mention our crop of U23 players who top their league by 10 pts and play just as good attacking football as the first team.

That's the league below our U23s. It's a huge step up. The first thing to do is to get players out on loan (we have a large number on that route at present) unless, as is occasionally the case, they show real potential for immediate entry.

What I don't understand is how so many Leeds fans are not content with how the season is going. Some even suggesting Bielsa is not up to it. You see, this may be one of the reason why many folk like to see them fail. Any other team, like Sheffield United last year, would be commanding huge respect.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I would imagine most Brighton fans have reconciled to the distinct possibility White will leave this summer TBH. So I’m not sure that’s the hot take he thinks it is.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Am I the only one who thinks Ben White is not that great......yet?
He does some things well, but he his naive in his positioning and has been at fault for a few goals where if he was as good as reported, we’d not have conceded.
If we get a solid offer in the summer then great, but I think he needs one, or even maybe two good seasons at this level to prove his value

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Am I the only one who thinks Ben White is not that great......yet?
He does some things well, but he his naive in his positioning and has been at fault for a few goals where if he was as good as reported, we’d not have conceded.
If we get a solid offer in the summer then great, but I think he needs one, or even maybe two good seasons at this level to prove his value

He was brilliant today and has been very good for the majority of the season. I’d be gutted if he does go, think he’s got the potential to be the best English centre back.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
“Shadow of the player Bielsa made him”

[tweet]1388535358351200262[/tweet]
Typical Leeds gobshite. Until this season they've finished above us ONCE in the last decade and now he's crowing over us finishing no higher than 15th.

I wonder where he was when they were shit? I.e any point in the past 20 years apart from the last 18 months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here