[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You think Bloom would have said no if Leeds offered him £100,000,000?

No, of course not. Every footballer on the planet has their price. The Leeds owners could have really tested Blooms resolve. They didn’t. Their fans are allowed to be annoyed or upset that they didn’t get back a popular loan player. The whinging victim complex on this forum is f*cking hysterical at times.

You’re talking bollox.

Ben White was never for sale, Leeds put in 3 offers for him, none of which matched our estimate of his worth. During the course of the close season , some of Leeds more vociferous supporters, decided that we had priced them out of the market for Whites services unfairly, hence the #freebenwhite twitter campaign. A few also came on here telling us we were a small club who had no right to stop a big club like them from buying a talent like Ben White for a knock down price.
Posters on here explained to them in no uncertain terms, this is not how football works, these days.

Ben White remains our player, some dirty Leeds fans remain knuckle dragging troglodytes .

End of post.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
They still don’t get it do they.

“We should of paid the money” (excuse the language). Um, but, he wasn’t for sale old boy? Fascinating, that even after all this time they understand this concept.

[tweet]1350501374627356672[/tweet]

Just because you've used 'of' when you shouldn't have done, we'll double the price, it'll be £100m rather than £50m. Can you stump up Dirty?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You’re talking bollox.

Ben White was never for sale, Leeds put in 3 offers for him, none of which matched our estimate of his worth. During the course of the close season , some of Leeds more vociferous supporters, decided that we had priced them out of the market for Whites services unfairly, hence the #freebenwhite twitter campaign. A few also came on here telling us we were a small club who had no right to stop a big club like them from buying a talent like Ben White for a knock down price.
Posters on here explained to them in no uncertain terms, this is not how football works, these days.

Ben White remains our player, some dirty Leeds fans remain knuckle dragging troglodytes .

End of post.

He is. He's conveniently neglecting that teams that come up from the Championship don't have a spare £100m sitting behind the sofa.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bloom said he wouldn’t sell to a rival. How much more clear can it be?

Somewhere there would have been a point where I would imagine he would turn round and say, OK then (with a massive sell-on clause). No idea what the figure would need to be, but obviously it would be massive, way out of Leeds' price range (and probably way above what would have been a fair price too). But ultimately, every player has a price.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

No, of course not. Every footballer on the planet has their price. The Leeds owners could have really tested Blooms resolve. They didn’t. Their fans are allowed to be annoyed or upset that they didn’t get back a popular loan player. The whinging victim complex on this forum is f*cking hysterical at times.

The hysterical thing is we have something you can't afford, get it

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well we managed to get through MOTD without the mighty Leeds scoring 6 six goals

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
You’re talking bollox.

Ben White was never for sale, Leeds put in 3 offers for him, none of which matched our estimate of his worth.

So if one of those offers had matched our estimate of his worth after factoring in the fact it would strengthen a rival then he would have been for sale and would have been sold.

I get people taking the piss out of Leeds fans who are being offensive or have ideas above their station, but this bloke has said he wishes they’d stumped up the cash for White. He hasn’t even named a price ffs. When people are trawling through Twitter to try and point score over some random bloke basically saying “White was good, I wish we’d signed him” then it’s a tad sad, each to their own though. In fact there are dozens of worse comments on here and by Brighton fans on twitter most weeks. Victim complex.

:shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So if one of those offers had matched our estimate of his worth after factoring in the fact it would strengthen a rival then he would have been for sale and would have been sold.

I get people taking the piss out of Leeds fans who are being offensive or have ideas above their station, but this bloke has said he wishes they’d stumped up the cash for White. He hasn’t even named a price ffs. When people are trawling through Twitter to try and point score over some random bloke basically saying “White was good, I wish we’d signed him” then it’s a tad sad, each to their own though. In fact there are dozens of worse comments on here and by Brighton fans on twitter most weeks. Victim complex.

:shrug:

Tony Bloom never put an estimate on his worth. The only thing the Albion said to anyone, was Ben White is not for sale.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Tony Bloom never put an estimate on his worth. The only thing the Albion said to anyone, was Ben White is not for sale.

Exactly, and he never does. Of course every player has his price, but any tabloid nonsense about Brighton 'putting a £**m price tag' on any player is just that - nonsense.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You’re talking bollox.

End of post.

[MENTION=29779]Whitechapel[/MENTION] is right, White was for sale.
Saying Leeds put in 3 bids isn't the whole truth.

They put in 3 bids but something like £3m covered all 3 amounts, with the final one still being a long way short of a realistic number.

Had Mr Bloom turned down say £40m, or for that matter, the player and agent turned down that offer then yeah sure we can confidently say 'not for sale'.

The rest is spot on.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

I know. I was just using the phrase the other poster had used.

All the time Leeds were pissing around with bids in the 20-30m range he was never going to go. If Leeds had came in with a genuinely big offer; say 50m, a sell on clause and some further bonuses based on international caps etc, then it might have tested Bloom.

I don’t think a Leeds fan thinking White would have been a better way to spend £55m than Rodrigo, Llorente & Koch would be too crazy, especially when you consider the fact that White was already accustomed to how they play and would obviously come with much less wages, agent fees etc than those 3 combined. So I’m not sure why a Leeds fan simply saying they wish Leeds had paid the money for him is noteworthy enough to post on here to try and take the piss out of.

As I said, I fully understand taking the piss out of Leeds fans who are being homophobic or throwing out stupid “we’re a big club and they’re minnows” nonsense. They have a very large, very vocal section of idiot fans on Twitter. I just don’t think the guy saying that White played well and wishing they’d stumped up the cash for him is one of the people being an idiot. In fact how many of our fans wish we’d stumped up the extra wages for Murray every time he scored against us? It’s the same thing.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I've reported to BT Open Reach that the internet seems to be down in West Yorkshire but they have assured me it's working fine?

Odd :shrug:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I know. I was just using the phrase the other poster had used.

All the time Leeds were pissing around with bids in the 20-30m range he was never going to go. If Leeds had came in with a genuinely big offer; say 50m, a sell on clause and some further bonuses based on international caps etc, then it might have tested Bloom.

I don’t think a Leeds fan thinking White would have been a better way to spend £55m than Rodrigo, Llorente & Koch would be too crazy, especially when you consider the fact that White was already accustomed to how they play and would obviously come with much less wages, agent fees etc than those 3 combined. So I’m not sure why a Leeds fan simply saying they wish Leeds had paid the money for him is noteworthy enough to post on here to try and take the piss out of.

As I said, I fully understand taking the piss out of Leeds fans who are being homophobic or throwing out stupid “we’re a big club and they’re minnows” nonsense. They have a very large, very vocal section of idiot fans on Twitter. I just don’t think the guy saying that White played well and wishing they’d stumped up the cash for him is one of the people being an idiot. In fact how many of our fans wish we’d stumped up the extra wages for Murray every time he scored against us? It’s the same thing.

No club would go to that. The most ever paid for a Championship (only) defender is, ironically, by us for Adam Webster. About £20m.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Sure, if a ludicrous record breaking bid like £100m came in that would be a very different situation.

But.. that’s not realistic is it?

And actually I do believe Tony Bloom when he said he wouldn’t sell to a rival. If we’d accepted a £50m bid from you, I suspect that would have led to a bigger club matching it (Chelsea, Pool, Utd, whoever). Ben White was never going to Leeds. I am realistic to expect if he keeps playing to this level he will end up at a bigger club. But not Leeds.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
You’re talking bollox.

End of post.

Exactly.. pretty much a perfect summation of what happened.

What tickled me particularly were the Leeds fans saying “you have no right to ask for £50m. He’s not worth that. £30m should be enough to do the deal”. Just plain dumb. I mean, that’s not quite how buying and selling works bud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports