[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

White Fan man

Oct 25, 2020
Loan players

Is it right that premier teams charge loan fees for their players? If the player does well his value increases, in White's case by tens of millions. Eddie Nketiah's loan fee was over 3 million. Derby County paid excessive fees for Mount, Wilson when Lampard was boss. I think Prem teams should pay 100 per cent of the wages and there shouldn't be any loan fee.

Akker

Sep 9, 2020
I agree - there will certainly be 3 teams worse than Leeds this season. They played some good stuff in the first half, but it leaves them so, SO vulnerable at the back. Bamford has started ok and is a proper workhorse, but he is not a clinical striker and never has been. They'll be in and around the bottom half with us. That high press is also such a high-octane way of playing, you have to wonder how long they can keep that up each and every game without their players blowing it out of their arse towards the end of each match, especially once we get properly balls-deep into the season.

If we can figure out a way of defending set pieces, I think we'll finish above them.

Leeds are nowhere near the worst side defensively so far this season, in fact they have been fairly good defensively for the last 3-4 games after a shaky start, even with injuries to 3 of their CB's against Villa.

They will finish closer to the European spots than they will the relegation slots imo. They are sitting in the top 5 after a pretty difficult run of fixtures to start the season.

BigRed

May 22, 2020
Not all Leeds fans are total knobbers. One of my best mates supports Leeds and he's just enjoying the ride.

Talking about the season so far with him the other day and he said he's just hoping they get enough points by Christmas to be relatively safe as the burn out and injuries will do for them otherwise (unless they spend big in January).

I don't think they'll go down, injuries/suspensions/players brought in in Jan notwithstanding, as there are too many really bad teams this season. But he's sick of these morons saying that they'll be pushing for Europe and that Bielsa is some sort of magician.

"It's no wonder people hate us with these wankers....." Was a direct quote.

Your mate is wrong, am I deluded to think we’re going to finish top 8 no but the burn out is a myth. This team has played 3 years under him. The first season, they weren’t burnt out the pressure got to the players Bielsa came out loads of times stating they were running more than they had been in the first half of the season. The 2nd season I’m sure you’ll say you had a break, well no we’d just won 5 on the bounce without conceding a goal. The last thing leeds wanted or needed was a break. As for burn out happening this season, we played exactly the same over a 46 game season and handled it playing Saturday Tuesday/Wednesday Saturday every week, we have far less games this season, we’ll have had 10 days break by the time we play leicester on Monday. We’ll be fine.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Your mate is wrong, am I deluded to think we’re going to finish top 8 no but the burn out is a myth. This team has played 3 years under him. The first season, they weren’t burnt out the pressure got to the players Bielsa came out loads of times stating they were running more than they had been in the first half of the season. The 2nd season I’m sure you’ll say you had a break, well no we’d just won 5 on the bounce without conceding a goal. The last thing leeds wanted or needed was a break. As for burn out happening this season, we played exactly the same over a 46 game season and handled it playing Saturday Tuesday/Wednesday Saturday every week, we have far less games this season, we’ll have had 10 days break by the time we play leicester on Monday. We’ll be fine.

Did you really mean to write that? To think that you will finish 8th in the first season back in the Premier League is delusional. Its not that its impossible its just its so unlikely.

You think you are going to finish above at least two of the big 6, Everton, Leicester, and Wolves? As I said not impossible but very unlikely. Also Bielsa has been at Leeds for 2 years, this season is his 3rd.,

Last edited:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
How do you think you'll cope next session when you have Champions League matches to fit in, plus every single player off playing the full 90 for their country during the international breaks?

Akker

Sep 9, 2020
Did you really mean to write that? To think that you will finish 8th in the first season back in the Premier League is delusional. Its not that its impossible its just its so unlikely.

You think you are going to finish above at least two of the big 6, Everton, Leicester, and Wolves? As I said not impossible but very unlikely. Also Bielsa has been at Leeds for 2 years, this season is his 3rd.,

Everton finished 12th last year, whilst they look ALOT better this year, it's just proof that things change quite quickly.

Sheffield United were in that top 8 for 95% of the season and now have a sole point in the first six fixtures.

Leeds have played Liverpool, Fulham, Sheffield United, Man City, Wolves, Aston Villa. I'd argue they have probably been the best side in probably 5 of those encounters. They have Leicester this round, which again will tell a lot.

If they walk away from Leicester without being disgraced, or even produced what they put up against Liverpool, Man City and Wolves, they are well and truly in the hunt for top 8.

Absolutely no guarantee that Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal are there this year, I can easily see one of them drop out of that top 8. All 3 have absolutely shithouse managers.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He's not wrong. He's just not a complete Muppet. You do realise the irony of what you've just written and the title of the thread don't you?

Ah, no. Of course you don't.

My word.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

So are you saying you think it is possible to keep football players at peak performance for most of the year without them suffering any ill effects?

Every professional athlete in the world will want to know how you're doing it.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Is it right that premier teams charge loan fees for their players? If the player does well his value increases, in White's case by tens of millions. Eddie Nketiah's loan fee was over 3 million. Derby County paid excessive fees for Mount, Wilson when Lampard was boss. I think Prem teams should pay 100 per cent of the wages and there shouldn't be any loan fee.

[emoji1787]

Oh you Leeds fans are good for a laugh

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't like typing this but Leeds fans are not looking at all delusional as things stand so far this season. I'll hold my hand up and say that they have done way better than I gave them any hope of doing so far. Even worse is that I had Bamford down as a complete donkey at this level.

Come on Leeds you are seriously disappointing me, please implode very soon and let it all unravel.

I HATE being wrong

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

I'm reluctant to break the habit of a lifetime and try to be reasonable, but here goes.

The burn-out is an untested theory rather than a myth. We will never know whether the break came at the right time for Leeds last season. Having won five in a row without conceding doesn't mean that Leeds wouldn't have lost the next three. All my relatives on my mother's side are Leeds supporters and they think the break was a blessing in disguise. So do plenty of intelligent Leeds observers. (That came out wrong - sorry, cousins ...)

"The first season they weren't burnt out"? Really? I saw Leeds play at Brentford on the final weekend of the season and they looked out on their feet. But I agree that having fewer games this season will guard against the late-season physical problems that Bielsa teams have tended to face.

Personally I don't think that Leeds finishing eighth is at all impossible. There are some thoroughly flaky teams in the Premier League - Everton, for example, judging by their usual surrender at Southampton on Sunday - and a team with self-belief, a strong work ethic and a little luck will be able to beat enough of them to finish quite high up.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I don't like typing this but Leeds fans are not looking at all delusional as things stand so far this season. I'll hold my hand up and say that they have done way better than I gave them any hope of doing so far. Even worse is that I had Bamford down as a complete donkey at this level.

Come on Leeds you are seriously disappointing me, please implode very soon and let it all unravel.

I HATE being wrong

Eh? This mainly started over the whole “we made Ben White”, “Brighton didn’t want him”, “Leeds through and through”, “why did they loan him out if they wanted him”, petitions, songs, #freebenwhite nonsense.

A few decent wins at the start of the season doesn’t change any of that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Eh? This mainly started over the whole “we made Ben White”, “Brighton didn’t want him”, “Leeds through and through”, “why did they loan him out if they wanted him”, petitions, songs, #freebenwhite nonsense.
Exactly. That's why this thread should have been closed/locked ages ago.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

A few decent wins at the start of the season doesn’t change any of that.

we all need to move on and live in the moment and for the future, not the past :wink:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
On the basis that the thread isn't locked for now. Leeds have started tremendously and do have a real chance of a top 10 finish but this is a season like no other and games will come thick and fast. So far they have looked excellent are a playing an exciting brand of football but time will tell if they can sustain it but they won't go down nor will they struggle.

I am sure there are some lessons to be learned from the conditioning of the Leeds players and I would hope that GP will be picking White's brains on that. However, lets not forget they have also spent a lot of money too this is not the squad that was promoted but you have to say they appear to have recruited very well.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds are nailed on for top half. Bielsa has done well. We have to stomach that I'm afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports