[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
That jukebox thread that you love so much, well.. I’ve decided it’s getting boring now. Avoid it? No way, I’ll just open it up and complain [emoji6]

Each to his own...............’

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
No to all of that. But they are doing decent businesses in filling in gaps to keep them up.
We know, as well as most teams, that signing players in the £20m bracket is always a gamble.

We have signed players who have been top scorers at their clubs, and in their leagues, who aren't even good enough to get on our bench. From our point of view I hope that Veltman works out, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

On the other hand, we've had a few good signings at that price.

Teams like us buy relatively unknown players, and if 50% of them work out, you've got to be fairly happy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Sorry, are you forced to read it?

I don’t give a damn about the Jukebox thread but I don’t go there complaining about it.

Just move on. Ignore. Problem solved. And that goes to any other moaners.

The jukebox thread doesn't make us look overly obsessed with Leeds schoolboys.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The jukebox thread doesn't make us look overly obsessed with Leeds schoolboys.

Most of the idiots quoted on this thread and infesting twitter are middle-aged and should know better. The corollary from that is that most of us quoting them are also middle-aged and should know better. :shootself

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I hate the jukebox thread. I also hate the word association thread.

I don't go near them but now we are confessing which threads we don't like it seems apt to mention them.

Perhaps the fun police can investigate those threads as well ? Lol.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

[emoji482]

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Most of the idiots quoted on this thread and infesting twitter are middle-aged and should know better. The corollary from that is that most of us quoting them are also middle-aged and should know better. :shootself

Middle aged would imply that I am going to live to be over 100...god that idea fills me with horror. Now. If I lived in Leeds I’d be wishing that I’d be dead next Tuesday rather than face another bitter winter filling my bath with coal and wearing bicycle clips to stop my whippets escaping.

It always amazes me, having spent many years in the grim north, why they don’t just kill themselves rather than keep the desperate struggle going. At least I knew that I didn’t belong and would be on my bike as soon as I possibly could.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Middle aged would imply that I am going to live to be over 100...god that idea fills me with horror. Now. If I lived in Leeds I’d be wishing that I’d be dead next Tuesday rather than face another bitter winter filling my bath with coal and wearing bicycle clips to stop my whippets escaping.

It always amazes me, having spent many years in the grim north, why they don’t just kill themselves rather than keep the desperate struggle going. At least I knew that I didn’t belong and would be on my bike as soon as I possibly could.

So you mean to say, you don't like it up there? :lolol:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
We know, as well as most teams, that signing players in the £20m bracket is always a gamble.

We have signed players who have been top scorers at their clubs, and in their leagues, who aren't even good enough to get on our bench. From our point of view I hope that Veltman works out, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

Teams like us buy relatively unknown players, and if 50% of them work out, you've got to be fairly happy.

Bloody Hell! I ,as with many others, only saw Veltman in the first half against Chelsea on Albion TV but I thought he looked effortless class.Albeit in a friendly game against an under strength Chelsea but he looked the real deal to me.All about opinions I guess but I'd put money on him being a regular starter for us unless the world's gone mad.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

[emoji1787]

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Bloody Hell! I ,as with many others, only saw Veltman in the first half against Chelsea on Albion TV but I thought he looked effortless class.Albeit in a friendly game against an under strength Chelsea but he looked the real deal to me.All about opinions I guess but I'd put money on him being a regular starter for us unless the world's gone mad.

I was chatting to my mate yesterday. Brighton fan but now lives in France; his wife is Dutch. He met up with his Dutch brother in law recently whose an Ajax fan and the first thing they talked about was us signing Veltman. He said is was proper shitehouse.... no wait, sorry, got that wrong. He said Veltman is a great player, shows good leadership qualities and occasionally has a nasty streak in him. He was impressed that he’d signed for a team like Brighton....

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
He misses the whippets in winter???

The whippets had the good sense to hibernate in a deep hole during the 6 month horror of freezing rain driven off the bleak hills laughingly called “t winter” leaving muggins here to avoid heroin addiction and terminal dullardism by hanging around with men wearing tracksuit bottoms WITH NORMAL SHOES who refer to each other as “owr kid” at a Yates’ wine lodge from 11 TIL 11.

I was at least lucky to live on Merseyside where at least they can take the piss out of themselves and have enough Irish in them to be whimsical and even cultured in a scouse way...the Leeds experience lacks any of that charm and was characterised by hatchet faced birds who turn a blind eye to their menfolks misogynistic views, petty crime and chronic alcoholism. All evidenced by the recent amusing interlude on here.

Leeds is a fvcking dump. Pissing on it would be a waste...even if it was burning down.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I was chatting to my mate yesterday. Brighton fan but now lives in France; his wife is Dutch. He met up with his Dutch brother in law recently whose an Ajax fan and the first thing they talked about was us signing Veltman. He said is was proper shitehouse.... no wait, sorry, got that wrong. He said Veltman is a great player, shows good leadership qualities and occasionally has a nasty streak in him. He was impressed that he’d signed for a team like Brighton....

Well done for getting in a #teamslikebrighton there.

My dutch mate here in Eastbourne said 'He's better than Propper'. And that was that. I believe we saw that on Saturday, albeit in a friendly.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well done for getting in a #teamslikebrighton there.

My dutch mate here in Eastbourne said 'He's better than Propper'. And that was that. I believe we saw that on Saturday, albeit in a friendly.

In fairness, there are some circumstances where it is applicable. Not so many for us now. But asking why a Champions League quality player would drop a level will give rise to its usage.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Forget deluded Leeds fans.. Their board are now fully on the QPR, Fulham and Villa bus and taking the very risky approach of spending loads on players..

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Cant stand these two club so called fans :wozza::lolol:

The 'fan' you are calling out has never supported Man United, but has paid hundreds of pounds supporting his team, been on marches, boycotts, spent money in the club shop not relying on freebies ??? I dont think you need to point the finger at that fan, unless of course you want to divulge in your "favourite":cool: club history?:lolol:

Spill GW, I'm all ears.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

I've got to ask, why are they putting whippets down their trousers?
i thought they preferred ferrets.

phoenix

May 18, 2009

White and Veltman both looked decent on saturday :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports