Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Did Nathan Jones ever apologise for his twattish behaviour when playing for Yeovil (I think)?

Don't know. But does it matter much? These things just happen in a fiercely competitive environment, don't they? And he came back and did loads for the club anyway - which may be your point, come to think of it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I’d guess you weren’t there.

The fans had f all to do with Hammonds contract issues. That was personal..and the apology when we didn’t welcome him back...was just..well..shit.

You'd guess wrong. Fans dish it out all the time - so when fans get some back, should we really be THAT surprised?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
[tweet]1299644789856575489[/tweet]

I love that tweet. It is beautiful in that it just mentions we are not getting anywhere near top 4, which no Albion fan in the world would believe. The fact that he doesn't clarify as he feels he doesn't need to, that he expects leeds to be challenging is hilarious!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I love that tweet. It is beautiful in that it just mentions we are not getting anywhere near top 4, which no Albion fan in the world would believe. The fact that he doesn't clarify as he feels he doesn't need to, that he expects leeds to be challenging is hilarious!

I also like the fact that "splashing the cash" seems to be seen as a cool thing to do.

Noobs.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I think NSC is now being toyed with.

These tweets are now wind ups to see if they can keep this thread running.

Can't we move on now.

My Leeds supporting mate says most of the social media stuff are wind-ups/trolling aimed at getting other fans (and Albion) to believe it. One or two may be real but a lot of it is piss taking or not serious. Forget about these muppets until they’re relegated.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Well to be fair I don’t think our club would spend over £30m on a striker who scored 4 goals last season...

Shades of Villa here. Exactly what we heard when they started splashing the cash.

[tweet]1299638121852801024[/tweet]

Can I imagine a newly promoted Brighton singing an established international player in an area they needed to strengthen? Hmm.

430D0E8B00000578-0-Brighton_have_bolstered_their_midfield_ranks_with_the_signing_of-a-67_1502115.jpg

Can I imagine a newly promoted Norwich city splashing out on a new striker?

240g.jpg

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Can I imagine a newly promoted Brighton singing an established international player in an area they needed to strengthen? Hmm.

View attachment 127806

Can I imagine a newly promoted Norwich city splashing out on a new striker?

View attachment 127807

Ahh don’t misrepresent me thanks, more than happy to discuss what I said and be proved wrong:

.. to be fair I don’t think our club would spend over £30m on a striker who scored 4 goals last season...

I stand by my point 100%

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
There was a story going around several years ago, during the time of Ridsdale, to illustrate the Leeds negotiating style. They had agreed a price for a player and were locked in discussions about his contract. The main issue was his salary and Leeds were offering about £20k pw. Suddenly, Ridsdale enters the room and says something like 'so, are you happy with our offer of £40k pw?' Agent says 'yes, can you print that contract and we'll sign straight away'.

Remember reading that one of Jimmy Bullards contracts was presented to him at £15,000 a week more than they had offered and he signed immediately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
There was a story going around several years ago, during the time of Ridsdale, to illustrate the Leeds negotiating style. They had agreed a price for a player and were locked in discussions about his contract. The main issue was his salary and Leeds were offering about £20k pw. Suddenly, Ridsdale enters the room and says something like 'so, are you happy with our offer of £40k pw?' Agent says 'yes, can you print that contract and we'll sign straight away'.

Heard the same when the Icelandic boiled egg looking bloke owned West Ham

Freddie Ljundberg and his agent were pushing for £60 k a week but would accept £45k

The boiled eggs opening gambit was “ let’s be clear , we’re not willing to pay you any more than £80 k a week , so take it or leave it”

Freddie took it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Leeds story was Seth Johnson, was covered in the athletic

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Well to be fair I don’t think our club would spend over £30m on a striker who scored 4 goals last season...

Shades of Villa here. Exactly what we heard when they started splashing the cash.

[tweet]1299638121852801024[/tweet]

Levels my arse. There’s credit cards and payday lenders if you really want to spend.

History repeating.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
26m on a 29 yr old striker who has only hit double figures once in a season in his career, and score 8 goals or less in 5 of his last 6 seasons...

I'm surprised we didn't go in for him with goal stats like his! :whistle::D:dunce:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ahh don’t misrepresent me thanks, more than happy to discuss what I said and be proved wrong:

Sorry I was referring to the Tweet. Not you.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
26m on a 29 yr old striker who has only hit double figures once in a season in his career, and score 8 goals or less in 5 of his last 6 seasons...

I'm surprised we didn't go in for him with goal stats like his! :whistle::D:dunce:

I didn’t realise he was 29!

Luckily Brighton have the philosophy of trading cash for younger assets. We can re-sell to get our money back.

But good luck getting your money back for a 30-odd year old. No chance. If he flops, that’s an expensive one.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I didn’t realise he was 29!

Luckily Brighton have the philosophy of trading cash for younger assets. We can re-sell to get our money back.

But good luck getting your money back for a 30-odd year old. No chance. If he flops, that’s an expensive one.

He has played in England in the PL for a year with Bolton Wanderers as a 20 year old, he made 21 appearances for them and netted 1 goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here