[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Comments section after The Athletic article on how they clinched the signing of Rodrigo is wonderful reading.

Several comments like “I’ve not heard much about him but this deal is exactly where Leeds should be” or “his record isn’t that good but great to see Leeds back spending the kind of money their fans deserve”

I really shouldn’t be obsessing about them so much but in these thin footballing times it makes for hilarious reading. Blathering idiots.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Fulham paid more I think when they came up last time? And Villa signed Wesley for about the same.

If the reported £30 million is correct then the Rodrigo deal eclipses any Villa and Fulham transfers after they were promoted. Sky Sports reported Villa paid £22.5 million up front for Wesley. I can't see many add ons being paid as he spent half of last season injured, they may have had to pay out something for staying up though.

Fulham came closer with Jean Michael Seri at about £27 million (its difficult to tell the exact transfer fee as he joined with another player in a combined £30 million deal, but most reports had Seri at about £27m). Fulham also spent about £22 million each on Mitrovic and Anguissa.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Adkins. Never will I forget the Withdean game where he refused to acknowledge us as champions either with an honour guard or in print simply saying that Southampton were the better team and Brighton had fluked the league.

Nor will I EVER forgive chimp faced Dean Fvcking Hammond running the length of the south shouting WANKERS whilst holding his ear despite us giving him a reasonable clap in recognition of his captaincy service with us. He received the dogs from H block for sure but hey...it was H.

The fact he wasn’t sanctioned by Nigel or even told to stop being a dick ( I was sat behind the Southampton bench and just saw the jumped up physio serial failiurist clapping the simian featured clown as he sped past in celebration of his scuffed winner.) just showed what a tit that man was and where his moral compass was set. That sunny afternoon of celebration of promotion was marred by those twats. I won’t forget.

The grovel from Hammond when he re-signed (and was shit btw) was desultory and VERY late. He can do one too.

Dean Hammond's complaint after he left the club was that he was stitched because Albion needed to sell, but painted it as his decision. Not the only one to moan that contracts promised didn't materialise when push came to shove. He got abuse for leaving so, I think, in the heat of the moment was giving some back. It shouldn't tarnish the reputation of a guy a who did a good job for the club in difficult times.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Dean Hammond's complaint after he left the club was that he was stitched because Albion needed to sell, but painted it as his decision. Not the only one to moan that contracts promised didn't materialise when push came to shove. He got abuse for leaving so, I think, in the heat of the moment was giving some back. It shouldn't tarnish the reputation of a guy a who did a good job for the club in difficult times.

He’s also apologised and said he deeply regrets how he reacted that day many times. Water under the bridge as far as I’m concerned,

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Guillem Balague has confirmed the Rodrigo transfer. €29.5m + €10m in add ons, Rodrigo will be 30 in March. On Twitter there’s an awful lot of replies from fans of other clubs suggesting that represents not such great value, Leeds fans are taking it well, as you’d imagine.

It's just €29.5m. The add-ons will be Leeds appropriate including probabilities such as qualifying for the Champions League, winning it again and winning the World Club Championship. Qualifying for the Europa League, winning it and winninng the Premier League are all a given in the next three years, so not included.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He’s also apologised and said he deeply regrets how he reacted that day many times. Water under the bridge as far as I’m concerned,

Did Nathan Jones ever apologise for his twattish behaviour when playing for Yeovil (I think)?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well to be fair I don’t think our club would spend over £30m on a striker who scored 4 goals last season...

Shades of Villa here. Exactly what we heard when they started splashing the cash.

[tweet]1299638121852801024[/tweet]

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

I’d guess you weren’t there.

The fans had f all to do with Hammonds contract issues. That was personal..and the apology when we didn’t welcome him back...was just..well..shit.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Relegation? NO!
Barely surviving? NO!
Bottom half finish? NO!
Top half? NO!

Top 6 and a UEFA cup place [emoji123]

[tweet]1299637444854329346[/tweet]

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Did Nathan Jones ever apologise for his twattish behaviour when playing for Yeovil (I think)?

Or Heckling Mickey Adams during a tv interview.

Well..he is welsh. I think he’s done wonders as a manager though. Don’t have any issue with him.

Shit...too late...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Relegation? NO!
Barely surviving? NO!
Bottom half finish? NO!
Top half? NO!

Top 6 and a UEFA cup place [emoji123]

[tweet]1299637444854329346[/tweet]

The UEFA Cup hasn’t existed for over 10 years, but we can forgive their ignorance as they’ve not needed to worry about it for 16 years.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Valencia must be laughing their tits off

£30 mill is a joke , but then £10 mill add ons!! [emoji1787]

Who the hell does the negotiating for Leeds?

Sounds like me playing football manager on my old Amiga 500, I used to over pay to get my man until I went broke [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand it's Frank Spencer in the off season when he isn't driving the coach for us

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There are places where more intelligent/reasonable Leeds fans are tweeting they are disappointed they couldn't buy White (which is fair enough) but also wishing him well and thanking him for his contribution to last season.
Then there is a pondlife residue of deluded fvckwits who can't even understand the notion that Watford are relegated, not newly promoted! I mean, how thick can you get? Oh, what fun these tw@ts have given us over these otherwise quiet weeks!

Bless.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Sounds like me playing football manager on my old Amiga 500, I used to over pay to get my man until I went broke [emoji1]

Crazy money for a player that age. And Leeds fans have spent weeks telling the world that if a player is valued at 30 million plus you have to pay them 100k a week so any player going there knows that's a good negotiating point

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
[tweet]1299644789856575489[/tweet]

The delusion is strong in this one. They spunked £30 million on a player who's strike rate in La Liga is worse than Tomer Hemeds was (this isn't a slight on Tomer btw, his La Liga record is decent for someone playing in sides near the bottom of the table).

Rodrigo 38 goals in 172 games in 6 seasons
Hemed 27 goals in 101 games in 3 seasons

It's going to take more than a better player than a goal every 4.5 games to get anywhere near the Champions League.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
[tweet]1299644789856575489[/tweet]

The delusion is strong in this one. They spunked £30 million on a player who's strike rate in La Liga is worse than Tomer Hemeds was (this isn't a slight on Tomer btw, his La Liga record is decent for someone playing in sides near the bottom of the table).

Rodrigo 38 in 172 in 6 seasons
Hemed 27 in 101 in 3 seasons

It's going to take more than a better player than a goal every 4.5 games to get anywhere near the Champions League.

You caught a good one there

Top 4 [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

There was a story going around several years ago, during the time of Ridsdale, to illustrate the Leeds negotiating style. They had agreed a price for a player and were locked in discussions about his contract. The main issue was his salary and Leeds were offering about £20k pw. Suddenly, Ridsdale enters the room and says something like 'so, are you happy with our offer of £40k pw?' Agent says 'yes, can you print that contract and we'll sign straight away'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports