[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The best English goal scorer in the Premier League over the past few years and England Captain Harry Kane, was loaned out by Spurs to Leyton Orient, Millwall, Norwich and Leicester.

I wonder What Leeds fans think of that ??

What do Leeds fans think about that? I think I understand them now.

Well clearly Spurs didn’t rate Harry Kane! They didn’t want him. None of his fans knew about him. They just were carting him around as they didn’t appreciate him.

He’s obviously Leyton Orient / Millwall / Norwich / Leicester through and through!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cant see the full article, but I read the comments and had a little schoolboy giggle at this - "Given the choice of a German international, Robin Koch, with Bundesliga experience for £10-15m, or Ben White - who did tremendously well for us last year but is yet to play at the top level - for double that amount, I for one, am more than comfortable with Koch."

You have to read it out loud for the full effect.

Like the Two Ronnies, and their Pirates of Penzance song:

"We fought the Dutch and sailed their far canals
F...ancy that."

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has he left yet?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Indeed! When our Pole in the Goal let in that dolly for us to go 1-0 down I thought that was it. If I remember correctly every team was doing their utmost NOT to get the last play off place leading up to the last round of matches.Timing was everything in this game with Stephen Ward getting the equaliser to settle things down to Leo’s thumping header in the 91st minute, this, after Reading’s game with Burnley ended 2-2 ensuring they could do bugger all about it.

Talk about pandemonium. From the moment “who’s that man” scored to the final whistle I have never been in a Albion crowd that has gone so berserk for so long. Unforgettable! :albion2:

The Reading game was actually still going on when Ulloa scored the winner - I was flicking between channels all afternoon. They’d got the news that we were ahead and were pressing for a good 3-4 minutes to try and get a winner themselves, which included the Burnley keeper scrambling one off he line from a free kick into the box whilst our players were still celebrating at Forrest. Apparently, what caused the pitch invasion at Reading was that 5 live that had incorrectly reported that Forest had equalised to make it 2-2, whereas it was actually Birmingham City who had scored a stoppage time equaliser to make it 2-2 in their game against Bolton (which meant they survived). 5 Live corrected their mistake fairly quickly but the news had already spread and they had the funniest pitch invasion ever.

el punal

The Reading game was actually still going on when Ulloa scored the winner - I was flicking between channels all afternoon. They’d got the news that we were ahead and were pressing for a good 3-4 minutes to try and get a winner themselves, which included the Burnley keeper scrambling one off he line from a free kick into the box whilst our players were still celebrating at Forrest. Apparently, what caused the pitch invasion at Reading was that 5 live that had incorrectly reported that Forest had equalised to make it 2-2, whereas it was actually Birmingham City who had scored a stoppage time equaliser to make it 2-2 in their game against Bolton (which meant they survived). 5 Live corrected their mistake fairly quickly but the news had already spread and they had the funniest pitch invasion ever.

Oh well, that makes it even better then. I must admit that I thought the Reading game had just finished when, or just after, Ulloa scored. We win and us fans all stayed in the stand, they didn’t and they invade the pitch - muppets!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Guillem Balague has confirmed the Rodrigo transfer. €29.5m + €10m in add ons, Rodrigo will be 30 in March. On Twitter there’s an awful lot of replies from fans of other clubs suggesting that represents not such great value, Leeds fans are taking it well, as you’d imagine.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Guillem Balague has confirmed the Rodrigo transfer. €29.5m + €10m in add ons, Rodrigo will be 30 in March. On Twitter there’s an awful lot of replies from fans of other clubs suggesting that represents not such great value, Leeds fans are taking it well, as you’d imagine.

If he is crucial to getting Bielsa to sign his contract, he is probably worth it to Leeds. I think it will take more signings than that though. The funniest case scenario is that where Leeds sign up 80% of the improvements required by Bielsa, but he walks any way, because they didn't get them all.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
€40mill for an injury prone 30yr old!! How many games will Leeds get out of him in the more physical PL and with the Blimps brutal training regime?

Screenshot_20200829-085711.png

He's not even currently fit!

"Rodrigo himself does not train with the team currently. On Tuesday morning, the 29-year-old only completed one session in the LaLiga club’s fitness area. According to Valencia, it was a pure precautionary measure, as the Spain international was suffering from minor physical problems."

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

He is a very good player but from what I have seen he works very hard (so very much a Bielsa player) and assists a few but not a prolific goal scorer which for €40m and a reported £100k a week seems a strange gamble for them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is 40 million Euros a record for a one player spend from a promoted team?

Being so big worldwide I guess Leeds will make a profit on it due to shirt sales in the first month or so of course

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Valencia must be laughing their tits off

£30 mill is a joke , but then £10 mill add ons!! [emoji1787]

Who the hell does the negotiating for Leeds?

Sounds like me playing football manager on my old Amiga 500, I used to over pay to get my man until I went broke [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
He is a very good player but from what I have seen he works very hard (so very much a Bielsa player) and assists a few but not a prolific goal scorer which for €40m and a reported £100k a week seems a strange gamble for them.
I’m I not one to wish Ill on a player...and I’m not trying to put the Indian sign on someone but if Rodrigo WERE to limp off after bossing the game for 5 minutes at Anfield before a crunching Virgil tackle... and then goes on to feature sporadically for a season scoring 1 and providing 2 assists before retiring to open an olive orchard in Valencia...I’d be so terribly sad for the cocknoshing inbreds, subbies and fatsos we’ve had to endure on NSC during this amusing, but slightly disturbing, episode.

Boo fvcking hoo...I’d be going.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

Being so big worldwide I guess Leeds will make a profit on it due to shirt sales in the first month or so of course

Looks like they can hold their own in shirt sales. 19th for League one is not bad, cannot see Brighton on the list, must be a printing error?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looks like they can hold their own in shirt sales. 19th for League one is not bad, cannot see Brighton on the list, must be a printing error?

We know our place, how are Sunderland doing?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Is the right answer - no different to the spat we had with Southampton when we had Poyet and Adkins doing the verbals.

The Leeds/Ben White saga has been wonderful entertainment during this close season, an absolute joy to see on-line frothing at the mouth from those Champions of Europe fans. Probably all over so they can now vent their spleen on Man Utd - and anyone else.

Adkins. Never will I forget the Withdean game where he refused to acknowledge us as champions either with an honour guard or in print simply saying that Southampton were the better team and Brighton had fluked the league.

Nor will I EVER forgive chimp faced Dean Fvcking Hammond running the length of the south shouting WANKERS whilst holding his ear despite us giving him a reasonable clap in recognition of his captaincy service with us. He received the dogs from H block for sure but hey...it was H.

The fact he wasn’t sanctioned by Nigel or even told to stop being a dick ( I was sat behind the Southampton bench and just saw the jumped up physio serial failiurist clapping the simian featured clown as he sped past in celebration of his scuffed winner.) just showed what a tit that man was and where his moral compass was set. That sunny afternoon of celebration of promotion was marred by those twats. I won’t forget.

The grovel from Hammond when he re-signed (and was shit btw) was desultory and VERY late. He can do one too.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Fulham paid more I think when they came up last time? And Villa signed Wesley for about the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports