Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

- The year Facebook was invented. When Leeds were getting relegated from the Premier League, you could only join Facebook if you were studying at a handful of US top-tier universities.
- The iPhone wasn't even a glint in Steve Jobs' eye - the first one was still three years away.
- Want to pop a video on YouTube? You'll need to wait a year - it doesn't exist yet.
- Now That's What I Call Music 57 was in the charts (we're now up to 106). It included the smash hit "Mysterious Girl" by Peter Andre.

I don't doubt much of Yorkshire still feels like 2004, but the rest of the world has moved on a bit.

The Peter Andre Mysterious Girl fact is a bit misleading in that it was re-released after his fame got a boost from coupling up with Katie Price in that year's I'm a Celeb. Although since that year she's been married to, and divorced, three different men.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
If it’s all coming from under 20s then Mick must have had a hell of a paper round.

Nah, he just has the same diet as Charlie Adam (table salt and out of date ham)

Ching Spricken.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well I never. We have qualifications in this one.

Step toward an “FA licensed coach”, to give his expert opinion on Ben White earlier. This is an actual coach. Oh.. and he happens to be a Leeds fan. Let’s see how this goes.

[tweet]1298989621989146626[/tweet]

[tweet]1299380795145060352[/tweet]

Oh dear Gaz.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
They don't understand our loan system at all.

That moron 'Head Liner' said Leeds use loans to try to sell old and unwanted players, so I kind of understand the disconnect.
But their fans don't want to learn about us, so f#ck 'em.

I hope we absolutely batter them this season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Step toward an “FA licensed coach”, to give his expert opinion on Ben White earlier. This is an actual coach. Oh.. and he happens to be a Leeds fan. Let’s see how this goes.

He appears to be an extremely unintelligent coach!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
While the Reading fans were celebrating getting 7th place I was 120 miles north with 2,000 other Albion fans going bat shit crazy when Leo got the winner at Forest for our play off spot. :O:albion2:

Most amazing away game ever. We were stood right by the segregation barrier and the banter between the two sets of fans was excellent... Not abusive but mocking. Amazing atmosphere.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

That moron 'Head Liner' said Leeds use loans to try to sell old and unwanted players, so I kind of understand the disconnect.

The best English goal scorer in the Premier League over the past few years and England Captain Harry Kane, was loaned out by Spurs to Leyton Orient, Millwall, Norwich and Leicester.

I wonder What Leeds fans think of that ??

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

They have youth players out on loan, but the majority of fans probably only know about the senior players they have shipped out.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

[tweet]1298989621989146626[/tweet]

[tweet]1299380795145060352[/tweet]

Oh dear Gaz.

FA Coach level 1 is required to run kids football teams, there are a lot of blokes who are "FA Licensed Coaches" and know effall.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The best English goal scorer in the Premier League over the past few years and England Captain Harry Kane, was loaned out by Spurs to Leyton Orient, Millwall, Norwich and Leicester.

I wonder What Leeds fans think of that ??
We could of have had Kane on loan to, unfortunately Burke decided to sign Obika.. true story that.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

el punal

Most amazing away game ever. We were stood right by the segregation barrier and the banter between the two sets of fans was excellent... Not abusive but mocking. Amazing atmosphere.

Indeed! When our Pole in the Goal let in that dolly for us to go 1-0 down I thought that was it. If I remember correctly every team was doing their utmost NOT to get the last play off place leading up to the last round of matches.Timing was everything in this game with Stephen Ward getting the equaliser to settle things down to Leo’s thumping header in the 91st minute, this, after Reading’s game with Burnley ended 2-2 ensuring they could do bugger all about it.

Talk about pandemonium. From the moment “who’s that man” scored to the final whistle I have never been in a Albion crowd that has gone so berserk for so long. Unforgettable! :albion2:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not too sure if anyone else has posted this article in today's Telegraph - if they have apologies;

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the...side-theworld-footballs-mosteccentricmanager/

Cant see the full article, but I read the comments and had a little schoolboy giggle at this - "Given the choice of a German international, Robin Koch, with Bundesliga experience for £10-15m, or Ben White - who did tremendously well for us last year but is yet to play at the top level - for double that amount, I for one, am more than comfortable with Koch."

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Same.

This is becoming a grassroots rivalry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here