[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did we really have that much of an issue with Reading? Cheaterfield blew over because we very quickly in different divisions - and found ourselves further and further apart.I think that may have simmered for some time if that hadn't been the case.

We did circa 2002/3 when we beat them to the title, but they nicked Sidwell from under our noses, went for Ingimarsson and Copell. It was temporary but there was an issue for a couple of years.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We did circa 2002/3 when we beat them to the title, but they nicked Sidwell from under our noses, went for Ingimarsson and Copell. It was temporary but there was an issue for a couple of years.
Add Wayne Bridge to that list also derailed Poyet although to be fair he was so desperate to be a PL manager it probably didn’t take much.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

They hardly nicked Sidwell. Wasn't that the same situation as Ben White? Just because he played for us on loan that was no guarantee of us signing him. The same with Ingmarsson,

And you can scarcely blame Coppell for going either. He was going to a club a division higher with a modern stadium, while we were playing in an athletics stadium, changing in a hut and training on a public field.

I've certainly never had an issue with Reading (apart from the fact that their ground is the most inaccessible in England)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I said this before but I think Radrizzani has cracked under the pressure.

Bielsa hasn't signed a contract. Based on his actions at previous clubs it doesn't take a genius to realize he's pressuring the board to buy players. And using his signature as leverage.
Meanwhile the Leeds fans are rabid. They think Bielsa is literally God, and they are happy to tear into the board.

Time was wasted on Ben White, and now they are going to spend over the odds for transfer fees and wages.
I believe it's a gamble Radrizzani has recently, and very consciously, decided to take.

Maybe it will pay off, they'll finish in a good spot in the league, and secure future investment from the 49ers.
BUT, maybe it will backfire, Bielsa will leave, they will implode, and they'll find themselves in the Championship with debts up to their eyeballs.

What they are doing now is definitely not in line with their "sustainable growth" they had planned following their miserable 16 years.
They could f#ck up everything they have built.
(what a shame that would be...)

I found this excerpt from the Yorkshire Evening Post, about Rodrigo's transfer, kind of telling.
Why is everyone so happy?
1. Valencia probably got more than they were expecting given their terrible situation & "fire sale".
2. The agent got a nice cut!
2. The player likely got massive wages and a bumper contract.
3. The Leeds board breathed a sigh of relief to finally sign someone, even though it's their most expensive signing EVER.
I expect Leeds to throw money around at this point. Bielsa won't accept anything less, and his deadline is not mid-October, it's clearly the beginning of the season (as outlined by his contract signature deadline).

View attachment 127755

The board have acted a little bit like their fans - fair degree of delusion about their pulling power etc and their rightful place in the football hierarchy, and they've been incredibly naive in their transfer (attempted) dealings so far - showing all their cards way too early. Tony has had them on an absolute string over Ben White - causing them to waste several weeks when we knew there was literally NO CHANCE of signing him from the off, which in turn forced them to raise their offer twice, which in turn has led to them showing EVERY other club that they are prepared to spunk £30m on a player that's never played above the Championship. You've been totally outplayed, suckers.

They're the new kid on his first day in big school who was the big tough playground bully at his primary school, who has strutted into the playground and given it large - only for the big boys to pick him up, nick his dinner money, hang him from a coat peg by his new trousers and whip him with wet towels in front of all his mates. It's HILARIOUS. As Maupay would say - they need to learn some humility.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
They hardly nicked Sidwell. Wasn't that the same situation as Ben White? Just because he played for us on loan that was no guarantee of us signing him. The same with Ingmarsson,

And you can scarcely blame Coppell for going either. He was going to a club a division higher with a modern stadium, while we were playing in an athletics stadium, changing in a hut and training on a public field.

I've certainly never had an issue with Reading (apart from the fact that their ground is the most inaccessible in England)

But those 'issues' that others and you describe are exactly the kind of petty stuff that gets football fans slavering and gibbering. Let's face it, although I would estimate that most of us are pretty decent folks in our real lives, the pettiness levels and rivalries surrounding football add that certain je ne sais quoi. So yes, Reading were momentarily on our radar as we are for leeds and vice versa for a little while. Coppel hilariously stated though that we were bigger than Reading a few years ago, much to the chagrin of their fans. :)

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

They gazumped us for Sidwell. We had an offer accepted and were negotiating a contract and they came in and offered more money. I think we can feel pissed off with them for that.

Ingmarsson in isolation is like you say, he was on loan with us we had no right to buy. BUT coming after Sidwell it felt like they were just waiting to see what we were doing and then stepping in to offer more money. So again I think it's ok to be pissed off with them.

The final straw was nicking Coppell, especially given Madjeski said just days before that they were angry with West Ham for poaching Pardew and that they would never do that to another club.

Prior to that they pipped us to the signing of Hunt when Coppell tried to bring him here. They tried to unsettle Jr Lewis when he was here on loan and we won the league.

I hated the news coverage that year we won the legaue. Sally Taylor was always banging on on the news that despite Brighton winning the league Reading were the better team that year.

There's a zillion Reading fans who like to brag about us being tin pot and how they're bigger than us.

There's annoying Reading **** who comes on here to tell us about Reading, and he can f*ck off back to their forum.

Hated them at the time, hate them now. The only thing I like about Reading, and actually I love it, is their pitch invasion when they thought they'd made the play offs. Some lad was doing one arm press ups on the pitch ha ha ha ha.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They gazumped us for Sidwell. We had an offer accepted and were negotiating a contract and they came in and offered more money. I think we can feel pissed off with them for that.

Ingmarsson in isolation is like you say, he was on loan with us we had no right to buy. BUT coming after Sidwell it felt like they were just waiting to see what we were doing and then stepping in to offer more money. So again I think it's ok to be pissed off with them.

The final straw was nicking Coppell, especially given Madjeski said just days before that they were angry with West Ham for poaching Pardew and that they would never do that to another club.

Prior to that they pipped us to the signing of Hunt when Coppell tried to bring him here. They tried to unsettle Jr Lewis when he was here on loan and we won the league.

I hated the news coverage that year we won the legaue. Sally Taylor was always banging on on the news that despite Brighton winning the league Reading were the better team that year.

There's a zillion Reading fans who like to brag about us being tin pot and how they're bigger than us.

There's annoying Reading **** who comes on here to tell us about Reading, and he can f*ck off back to their forum.

Hated them at the time, hate them now. The only thing I like about Reading, and actually I love it, is their pitch invasion when they thought they'd made the play offs. Some lad was doing one arm press ups on the pitch ha ha ha ha.

This is always worth a re-watch :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i49-WpW1Ey0

el punal

There is another thing that the Biscuitmen will never live down, their cringe worthy, puke making club anthem ‘For the Glory of Reading’. Truly, truly horrible. :sick:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Rodrigo not actually signed yet. Are his wage demands getting in the way of this completing. He must have them over a barrel as Leeds will be desperate to get the deal done. A four year deal for c £100k pw would be hard to turn down for a 29 year old, but a big risk for Leeds, especially as he has had an injury issue in the last 12 months.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Rodrigo not actually signed yet. Are his wage demands getting in the way of this completing. He must have them over a barrel as Leeds will be desperate to get the deal done. A four year deal for c £100k pw would be hard to turn down for a 29 year old, but a big risk for Leeds, especially as he has had an injury issue in the last 12 months.

He should add another 20% at the last minute. They can’t say no. They’ve basically announced him already, and half their fans are already booked in for their Rodrigo tattoos.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

Incidentally my friends who are non albion fans find my dislike of Reading hilarious. There's probably some kind of irony in the fact I'm posting about my hatred of Reading, on a thread about deluded fans.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You're not wrong there either.

In the last 16 years it's been a pretty regular occurrence to hear chants of "We all hate Leeds scum" whilst watching games not involving them at Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge etc. and many, many places beyond...not relevant though eh

Pretty regular can mean several times a match or once each season. Perhaps even once every five years. I am sure we've all heard it chanted. :ffsparr:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I'm Bored with Leeds .

tenor (30).gif

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The Rodrigo deal seems like panic as will luiz Felipe who at a similar or higher fee will surely on Leeds fan logic require the same kind of salary outlay

Rodrigo 40 million inc add ons, 20 million salary over 4 years. For a 29yo with little resale value in 4y!

That’s not following the Brighton model. That’s them having no plan except Bielsa. And being so shit scared he walks (as the house of cards collapses), they’re prepared to spunk 60 million (over 4y) on a 29yo. Desperate stuff.

The pressure on the execs must have been immense, a baying mob of scumbags and thickets, the only hope who could walk at any minute. Panic button pushed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports