Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
These tools are such class. Not sure if it has been posted, but I wonder if those saying Ben wont get much game time with us realise what they are implying I.E our squad is that much stronger than theirs ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I never thought I'd ever say this but if Palace played Leeds on the last day of the season and the loser got relegated I'd be cheering on Hodgson's men.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
reports 30 million euros rejected, Lazio want 40.

After 16 years in the wilderness, bankruptcy caused by chasing delusions of grandeur, Leeds are back throwing many 10's of millions around chasing delusions of grandeur..... Hope they keep hold of league 1 Liam, they're going to need him soon.

#LUFC2021

I said this before but I think Radrizzani has cracked under the pressure.

Bielsa hasn't signed a contract. Based on his actions at previous clubs it doesn't take a genius to realize he's pressuring the board to buy players. And using his signature as leverage.
Meanwhile the Leeds fans are rabid. They think Bielsa is literally God, and they are happy to tear into the board.

Time was wasted on Ben White, and now they are going to spend over the odds for transfer fees and wages.
I believe it's a gamble Radrizzani has recently, and very consciously, decided to take.

Maybe it will pay off, they'll finish in a good spot in the league, and secure future investment from the 49ers.
BUT, maybe it will backfire, Bielsa will leave, they will implode, and they'll find themselves in the Championship with debts up to their eyeballs.

What they are doing now is definitely not in line with their "sustainable growth" they had planned following their miserable 16 years.
They could f#ck up everything they have built.
(what a shame that would be...)

I found this excerpt from the Yorkshire Evening Post, about Rodrigo's transfer, kind of telling.
Why is everyone so happy?
1. Valencia probably got more than they were expecting given their terrible situation & "fire sale".
2. The agent got a nice cut!
2. The player likely got massive wages and a bumper contract.
3. The Leeds board breathed a sigh of relief to finally sign someone, even though it's their most expensive signing EVER.
I expect Leeds to throw money around at this point. Bielsa won't accept anything less, and his deadline is not mid-October, it's clearly the beginning of the season (as outlined by his contract signature deadline).

Screenshot (215).png

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I never thought I'd ever say this but if Palace played Leeds on the last day of the season and the loser got relegated I'd be cheering on Hodgson's men.

I like having a derby. I just want to beat Palace and have them finish below us.

Leeds fans are just c#nts who I really would rather pissed off back to the Championship.
I don't think they will learn humility until the zoomers are the majority of the fans. All they know, in their lifetime, is the pain of the lower divisions.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Bielsa hasn't signed a contract. Based on his actions at previous clubs it doesn't take a genius to realize he's pressuring the board to buy players. And using his signature as leverage.
Meanwhile the Leeds fans are rabid. They think Bielsa is literally God, and they are happy to tear into the board.

Time was wasted on Ben White, and now they are going to spend over the odds for transfer fees and wages.
I believe it's a gamble Radrizzani has recently, and very consciously, decided to take.

Maybe it will pay off, they'll finish in a good spot in the league, and secure future investment from the 49ers.
BUT, maybe it will backfire, Bielsa will leave, they will implode, and they'll find themselves in the Championship with debts up to their eyeballs.

What they are doing now is definitely not in line with their "sustainable growth" they had planned following their miserable 16 years.

I found this excerpt from the Yorkshire Evening Post, about Rodrigo's transfer, kind of telling.
1. Valencia probably got more than they were expecting given their terrible situation & "fire sale".
3. The Leeds board breathed a sigh of relief to finally sign someone, even though it's their most expensive signing EVER.
I expect Leeds to throw money around at this point. Bielsa won't accept anything less, and his deadline is not mid-October, it's clearly the beginning of the season (as outlined by his contract signature deadline).

View attachment 127755

Yep 4 year contract for a 29yo and wages of £100kpw. So much for following the sustainable Brighton model he alluded to. Panic buy out of despertion to keep Bielsa. Shit or Bust as is the Leeds way

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia

Yep the Palace crap is pretty much historical, most fans yelling abuse at each other wouldn't have a clue how it all started. This on the other hand is going to rear its head everytime we play. Personally I think it will eclipse the Palace guff.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Looks to me like Millwall played a blinder there. Just standing there doing wanker signs whilst some div in his dads jumper luzzed coke cans and whatnot at them.

Those Leeds hoolies look like a bunch of bald fatties with lard diets a zero brains. Just like the bellends that caused the only disturbance I ever saw at Withdean. Trying to get a chant going in the south stand only to get a few slaps...one beauty from a female poster who I’ve not seen on here for a bit but secretly quite fancied.

The footage at 7-46 with them being chased over the bridge would be good accompanied by the Benny Hill theme :lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yep the Palace crap is pretty much historical, most fans yelling abuse at each other wouldn't have a clue how it all started. This on the other hand is going to rear its head everytime we play. Personally I think it will eclipse the Palace guff.

Nope. This will blow over much like Cheaterfield, Reading etc.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Did we really have that much of an issue with Reading? Cheaterfield blew over because we very quickly in different divisions - and found ourselves further and further apart.I think that may have simmered for some time if that hadn't been the case.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Yep 4 year contract for a 29yo and wages of £100kpw. So much for following the sustainable Brighton model he alluded to. Panic buy out of despertion to keep Bielsa. Shit or Bust as is the Leeds way

There would surely have to be some kind of relegation clause, with his salary dropping or a low buyout clause. A 4 year 100k a week contract is exactly the sort of crazy money that left Birmingham stiched up with Zigic, Reading with Pogrebnyak and Sunderland with Rodwell. Its the sort of contract that can cripple a club if they slip out the Prem. And presuambly if the club does slip out of the Prem it means they're getting very little return from the player who's on that contract.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

View attachment 127755

I hope the Samaritans have enough call handlers for the possibility of Bielsa walking away, the meltdown will be EPIC!

el punal

Is the right answer - no different to the spat we had with Southampton when we had Poyet and Adkins doing the verbals.

The Leeds/Ben White saga has been wonderful entertainment during this close season, an absolute joy to see on-line frothing at the mouth from those Champions of Europe fans. Probably all over so they can now vent their spleen on Man Utd - and anyone else.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

The Rodrigo deal seems like panic as will luiz Felipe who at a similar or higher fee will surely on Leeds fan logic require the same kind of salary outlay

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Did we really have that much of an issue with Reading? Cheaterfield blew over because we very quickly in different divisions - and found ourselves further and further apart.I think that may have simmered for some time if that hadn't been the case.

Yeah and I still can't stand Reading

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here