[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
They should be happy for a day or 2 looks like theyve signed Rodrigo for 27m up front and on 100k a week. Interestingly 60k a week more than Bamford. I do hope he doesn't have a match top earners contract

is bamford really on 40k? ???

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bored of all the dullard arrogant Leeds and White shite but looked at the Matt Clarke to Derby thread on sky sports twitter and there’s loads of moany Leeds that’s on there - this was my favourite of delusion:

‘ Why do derby get their defender and we can’t get ours? Oh wait yeh we’re ‘rivals’’

:lol: yes Derby got their defender. And we have your defender :facepalm:

Can you post a link to any of this? Some of us have no idea how to find things on Twitter or navigate round it (and don't want to know either!) Just point us to the juicy bits, please!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
“Players will think twice about going there in the future”

.. Without a trace of irony. Wow.

Mate, if I was Tony I’d never loan you one of our talented youngsters again.

[tweet]1298660589502369793[/tweet]

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
“Petty and small minded” [emoji24][emoji24]

For not selling to you cheaply..? Suuuuure

[tweet]1298678848406671363[/tweet]

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

[video]https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/c6c445df-aaf7-49bc-b1f5-64b22e75f9c2[/video]

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well Ben’s agent has certainly got the deluded fish tank going.

Outpouring tonight

[tweet]1298680750733238272[/tweet]

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
This thread and the (still) ongoing #freebenwhite campaign suggest otherwise...

[tweet]1298708977945985025[/tweet]

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

This. They have been loaned a player with the absolute categoric knowledge that he wasn't for sale. No buy-option, no entertaining of the offers put forward. Nothing. Plus "tapping up" is an absolute given here, because otherwise none of this would have happened.

And they have destabilised him, stirred it up and cried foul throughout the closed season, all over a player that was never going to be sold to them.

Clearly our plan is to ensure they stay below us next season. Why would we do otherwise? Whether they go down or not, we won't gift them a place above us by selling them what was last season's star player (and so probably next season's too).

None of the above is rocket science FFS. We can all see this, clear as day. In what world is this in any way not a terrible reflection on Leeds? Every Chief Exec in the PL and the Championship will be, at least, as well informed as all of us, if not better. Why do so much damage to your own club's reputation or allow the fans speculation to do it?

I can see quite a few clubs thinking twice before doing any deals with Leeds in the future. For as long as they are a PL team, it probably won't matter, but when they go down, this could cause real issues for them unless they've stayed up long enough for everyone to forget (fat chance!).

Brighton is getting the reputation as a great source of young, talented loanees who have been coached well and do a great job for the host club. Some of those may be for sale, some won't, but either way they are doing exceptionally well. This saga is not damaging our reputation but may be doing untold damage to Leeds'.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
This. They have been loaned a player with the absolute categoric knowledge that he wasn't for sale. No buy-option, no entertaining of the offers put forward. Nothing. Plus "tapping up" is an absolute given here, because otherwise none of this would have happened.

And they have destabilised him, stirred it up and cried foul throughout the closed season, all over a player that was never going to be sold to them.

Clearly our plan is to ensure they stay below us next season. Why would we do otherwise? Whether they go down or not, we won't gift them a place above us by selling them what was last season's star player (and so probably next season's too).

None of the above is rocket science FFS. We can all see this, clear as day. In what world is this in any way not a terrible reflection on Leeds? Every Chief Exec in the PL and the Championship will be, at least, as well informed as all of us, if not better. Why do so much damage to your own club's reputation or allow the fans speculation to do it?

I can see quite a few clubs thinking twice before doing any deals with Leeds in the future. For as long as they are a PL team, it probably won't matter, but when they go down, this could cause real issues for them unless they've stayed up long enough for everyone to forget (fat chance!).

Brighton is getting the reputation as a great source of young, talented loanees who have been coached well and do a great job for the host club. Some of those may be for sale, some won't, but either way they are doing exceptionally well. This saga is not damaging our reputation but may be doing untold damage to Leeds'.

Yes, but, they're LEEDS :shootself

el punal

Would you please stop talking sense, it’s absolutely unforgivable! punish::D

Yoda

English & European
“Petty and small minded” [emoji24][emoji24]

For not selling to you cheaply..? Suuuuure

[tweet]1298678848406671363[/tweet]

I take that small bit of info from his agent as someone else has come in and are close to meeting a price the club 'could' be willing to sell for or they are very close to agreeing and signing a new long term deal with the club.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The new Thierry Henry

[tweet]https://twitter.com/expattennisfan/status/1298586400112156672[/tweet]
That is next level delusion.

Apart from anything else Henry was a highly rated winger (who tore Liverpool apart while still at Monaco). His career stalled a bit at Juve.

Then Wenger put him up front. While still young.

The similarities are endless.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports