Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not even an Arsenal fan but I will drive Holding there myself.

Inexplicable how he's been at Arsenal that long. Then again, they employ David Luiz. I don't want to come over all The Leeds United here, but every single one of our many centre halves is better than David Luiz and Mustafi, and I pretty much include 17yr old Haydon Roberts in that.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Doesn’t allow replies the nob

I must admit: I'm hoping that was a typo, and he meant to write "folk".

If there is an alternative interpretation, it's not a nice one.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
It’s probably too early to say as it depends if they can pull a couple of transfer rabbits out of the hat. The issue they have is without white they are weaker at the back and you look at their front line and where are the goals going to come from?

In normal circumstances you could see a full Elland road and the momentum of promotion getting them off to a decent start but that is off the table this season. Add to that how short the turnaround has been this season and their struggles in the transfer market leaving them short this close to the start and I honestly think they are down.

Securing some quality this week and getting Bielsas contract over the line is huge for them otherwise I think they lack the quality and depth to survive in a league as unforgiving as this one.j

This

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9474338 said:
Hmnnn.... not sure I follow you on that one. They're both men with hair, but after that, I fail to see many similarities! :shrug:

marcelobielsa-croppedqww0nox8qiwd1us239hoo11jijpg

This Brian Cox... And well you know it!
download.jpeg

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I also think Leeds will stay up, for all our fun right now, Bielsa is a good coach and whilst their fans might be banging on about their amazing style of play and how they're going to smash the Prem , Bielsa won't be an idiot like all of them.

I reckon he'll have a similar season to Newcastle under Benitez, a world-renowned manager keeping a largely championship squad in the Prem with relative ease, playing pragmatic football at odds with their promotion style and finishing lower mid table.

I just don’t see them having enough quality a couple of injuries to key players and they are buggered

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I also think Leeds will stay up, for all our fun right now, Bielsa is a good coach and whilst their fans might be banging on about their amazing style of play and how they're going to smash the Prem , Bielsa won't be an idiot like all of them.

I reckon he'll have a similar season to Newcastle under Benitez, a world-renowned manager keeping a largely championship squad in the Prem with relative ease, playing pragmatic football at odds with their promotion style and finishing lower mid table.

I think you’re right. Same way that Hughton was sensible enough to know that the way we got promoted wasn’t the best way to accumulate enough points in our first season.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
The WACCOE Ben White thread is now locked - so perhaps their delusion over one player is finally abating.

Looking forward to seeing how they fare in the PL. Depending on the result of the first game, it's possible they'll beat our record for consecutive minutes in the bottom three right off the bat.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
If Liverpool fans came on here and said they'd be challenging to win the league - they wouldn't be deluded
If Liverpool fans came on here and said they'd be challenging for Europe - they wouldn't be deluded
If Liverpool fans came on here and said that Ben White is good enough to play for them - they wouldn't be deluded

It's the fact that fans of a team, that's spent the last 16 years outside the PL, that says these things that makes them deluded

To be fair I honestly think Leeds will have a great season and finish about 18th, so well done to them :wink:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Meanwhile over in la la land its still all Ben White on their main transfer thread.

Confusion over how Brighton are deemed a direct rival to a team gunning for the European spots in their first season back

View attachment 127622

Meanwhile Brighton reiterating for the 1000th time, our consistent not for sale at any price message......... Is showing us up to be small time, and just so you know, It's Brighton that have "had a mare" with the Ben white saga

View attachment 127623

Meanwhile, a plot is hatched, its a good one....... as they were obviously always going to get Ben White, the lad is crying in his desperation to join and having been flatly refused a move by his parent club to a direct rival at every turn, a cunning plan, as cunning as a fox who's been appointed professor of cunning is hatched, they now have formulated the way to circumvent Brighton and trick Bloom by first selling to an intermediary.... Gotta love a trier.

View attachment 127625

This is just gold, frigging idiots [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here