Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This one is particularly Mills and Boon and should definately be considered by Hollywood as a basis for a script if not Channel 5.

[tweet]1297939738763177984[/tweet]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
i'm certainly not a leeds fanboy but maybe not been around long enough (20 years :) ) to understand why fans might not like leeds - except probably their arrogance and this cr*p which "champions of europe" - but surely now time to close this thread? over 4000 comments, im sure every angle in this conversation was covered in the first 1000.

Never know maybe soon it will be deluded LIVERPOOL fans thinking they can steal White from us :) :) :)
I want White to play for us for a season or two, and if he does well and Liverpool come calling they will pay the right price (as they usually do) and I will wish White all the best on his way to bigger and better things.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Never know maybe soon it will be deluded LIVERPOOL fans thinking they can steal White from us :) :) :)

If Liverpool fans came on here and said they'd be challenging to win the league - they wouldn't be deluded
If Liverpool fans came on here and said they'd be challenging for Europe - they wouldn't be deluded
If Liverpool fans came on here and said that Ben White is good enough to play for them - they wouldn't be deluded

It's the fact that fans of a team, that's spent the last 16 years outside the PL, that says these things that makes them deluded

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
i'm certainly not a leeds fanboy but maybe not been around long enough (20 years :) ) to understand why fans might not like leeds - except probably their arrogance and this cr*p which "champions of europe" - but surely now time to close this thread? over 4000 comments, im sure every angle in this conversation was covered in the first 1000.

You dont have to read or contribute to any thread you have no interest in, but just because you dont doesn't mean others may not for their own reasons, threads will die naturally when nobody is interested in them any longer, as will be the case with these soon enough. No need for thread police.......... just ignore it, others are having a close season hoot.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The backlash starts, well sort of.

[tweet]1297957363899662336[/tweet]

wacko.jpg

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I actually think Leeds will do OK this coming season, although I obviously hope they flippity flop. I think their mentality to have a go at teams can be risky, but we've seen over the years periods where that can work (for a while) Blackpool and Hull, for example, came up with fairly average players and rode the wave of promotion over the first half of the season to pick up enough points to stay up. Think Leeds may do the same...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9474325 said:
I actually think Leeds will do OK this coming season, although I obviously hope they flippity flop. I think their mentality to have a go at teams can be risky, but we've seen over the years periods where that can work (for a while) Blackpool and Hull, for example, came up with fairly average players and rode the wave of promotion over the first half of the season to pick up enough points to stay up. Think Leeds may do the same...

pretty sure Blackpool went straight back down, one season wonders.

Everything depends on their recruitment in next few weeks and bucket man staying. Their current squad will get relegated imho

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Brian Cox should definitely play Bielsa in the movie of this summer, every time I see a little avatar of him on a post embedded in a post I always think, "why is Brian Cox postin on a sh*tty Leeds website?"

Who's playing the other roles? Obviously Ben should be played by Ryan Reynolds or Tom Cruise.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9474325 said:
It didn't work for Blackpool - straight back down.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Brian Cox should definitely play Bielsa in the movie of this summer, every time I see a little avatar of him on a post embedded in a post I always think, "why is Brian Cox postin on a sh*tty Leeds website?"

Who's playing the other roles? Obviously Ben should be played by Ryan Reynolds or Tom Cruise.

Hmnnn.... not sure I follow you on that one. They're both men with hair, but after that, I fail to see many similarities! :shrug:

Professor_Brian_Cox_OBE_FRS.jpg

marcelobielsa-croppedqww0nox8qiwd1us239hoo11jijpg

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9474325]I actually think Leeds will do OK this coming season, although I obviously hope they flippity flop. I think their mentality to have a go at teams can be risky, but we've seen over the years periods where that can work (for a while) Blackpool and Hull, for example, came up with fairly average players and rode the wave of promotion over the first half of the season to pick up enough points to stay up. Think Leeds may do the same...

It’s probably too early to say as it depends if they can pull a couple of transfer rabbits out of the hat. The issue they have is without white they are weaker at the back and you look at their front line and where are the goals going to come from?

In normal circumstances you could see a full Elland road and the momentum of promotion getting them off to a decent start but that is off the table this season. Add to that how short the turnaround has been this season and their struggles in the transfer market leaving them short this close to the start and I honestly think they are down.

Securing some quality this week and getting Bielsas contract over the line is huge for them otherwise I think they lack the quality and depth to survive in a league as unforgiving as this one.j

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
TOP SIX, ladies & gentlemen.

[tweet]1297989744446578690[/tweet]

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I also think Leeds will stay up, for all our fun right now, Bielsa is a good coach and whilst their fans might be banging on about their amazing style of play and how they're going to smash the Prem , Bielsa won't be an idiot like all of them.

I reckon he'll have a similar season to Newcastle under Benitez, a world-renowned manager keeping a largely championship squad in the Prem with relative ease, playing pragmatic football at odds with their promotion style and finishing lower mid table.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So sad.

[tweet]1297987104736239617[/tweet]

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There's talk of them going after Rob Holding from Arsenal, as well as Koch from Germany.

Which brings about the enticing possibility of some glorious old school Test Match Special commentary moments.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"pork"? :ohmy:

[tweet]1297981054956048386[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here