Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Does anyone get a bit of the old Avram Grants with Bielsa?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It’s funny, if things had been different and Leeds had taken one of our other youngsters, they would think they were world class too.
Imagine if they had loaned;
Clarke
Alzate
Mac Allister
Bissouma
Lamptey
Baluta
Connolly
Percy Tau*

I think any one of these young players would have made a similar impression on that Leeds side, and it would be them Leeds are chasing!
There are Probably more I’m unaware of too.
One thing is for sure though, we have a lot of quality coming through.

*i am aware that wouldn’t be possible!

And add Hayden and Molumby to your list..

Fully agree the talent we have coming through is very exciting. A lot of really good things are coming together at our club, manager, owner, players and youth talent.

If we can bring this altogether, and with a bit of luck, we could be onto something very special.

But we have to stay humble, as the gaffer says.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Incredible to think that Leeds United fans regard themselves as so much bigger yet fail at the most crucial benchmark.

Not once have they even made the final of the Oxfordshire Benevolent Cup. Let alone won it.

Tinpot.

So very true

el punal

It also shows that while TB may have made his money from gambling, whilst willing to take a risk he is far from a gambler. He has a definite plan and makes very shrewd decisions based on that plan. Amazing to think how far we have come starting with Dick Knight and the fanbase, then the takeover by TB.

I’m thinking of the start of the demise back in the early 1990s when Barry Lloyd had to deposit a cheque for the sale of Mark Beeney (ironically to Leeds) to the Inland Revenue to save the club from being wound up. :ohmy:

(I think I’ve got that one right).

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Heartwarming piece here. The Great Marcelo helped some tubby Yorkshire lycra fan change his bike tyre while out for a run.

Apparently the bloke is now 5/4 favourite for the Tour de France next month.

[tweet]1297091959698403328[/tweet]

Fake news I’m afraid that’s the old training top the knew one has knobhead or something similar on it.
The Leeds mega fans who hang around NSC assured us bucket man had been seen around Leeds wearing the new top.

Closed case.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]
I take it that you are a Swedish national.
I would just like to put on record my admiration of your English language skills.

You may occasionally talk bollox, but, your correct use of the language, while conveying the said bollox is exceptional.
Having said all that, I do find myself agreeing with the majority of your posts. So, please, don’t stop posting, even if you continue to get abuse from certain other poster, I, for one value your contribution.

But, please, clean up your flat.

This

Team [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION].

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I’m thinking of the start of the demise back in the early 1990s when Barry Lloyd had to deposit a cheque for the sale of Mark Beeney (ironically to Leeds) to the Inland Revenue to save the club from being wound up. :ohmy:

(I think I’ve got that one right).

My understanding was that Barry Lloyd took a team of hardened mercenaries into a Guatemalan jungle to rescue Mark Beeney from Soviet backed guerrillas. Things took a surprising turn though when the team started getting picked off one by one by an invisible Alien hunter that was visiting Earth to hunt and collect trophies. Eventually Barry Lloyd managed to trap and kill the alien creature by setting off a small nuclear device, allowing him to deliver Mark Beeney to Leeds thus saving Brighton and Hove Albion.

(I think I've got that one right?)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I think you’ll find that your supposed to wear your cycling jersey over the bib shorts. :lolol: can’t even get dressed as a middle aged man in Lycra properly what a prat.

[tweet]1297091959698403328[/tweet]

Surprised no-one has commented on size of Bielsa yet?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Why is he wearing his bib over his jersey....

Maybe he had another top over the bib, which he'd taken off? If I am using layers, my bib often goes over a short sleeved top and under the long sleeved one.

It's a nice, albeit inconsequential, story and quite a sweet photo.

I like Bielsa. He seems to be a good coach and an interesting individual. I agree with [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] that old tracksuits and flats above shops are a sign of better character than sharp suits, flashy cars and mock Georgian mansions.

It's the entitled and arrogant Leeds fans that I find annoying.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Maybe he had another top over the bib, which he'd taken off? If I am using layers, my bib often goes over a short sleeved top and under the long sleeved one.

I like Bielsa. He seems to be a good coach and an interesting individual. I agree with [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] that old tracksuits and flats above shops are a sign of better character than sharp suits, flashy cars and mock Georgian mansions.

Taking a piss must be a nightmare.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Just seems like it would be uncomfortable to have pockets/zips compressed against your body.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Leeds have actually done some decent business in signing some academy talent since getting promoted. Bielsa may well have to earn his corn by blooding a number of them in the PL this season given their total lack of first team signings. Risky move if that's their plan but if Bielsa is as good as they all think then they might just scrape through with that approach.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
1: I can’t work out if you are sad for checking on a Leeds United website just to prove me wrong.
2: if the Leeds United fans who hang out here were wrong when the shouted about new sponsors?
3: I don’t really care.

I wasn't checking you were wrong so much as finding out if they were really sponsored by a company called Knobhead :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here