Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Rest assured I know a man u fan who is a leeds season ticket holder, if ever there was a stranger combination.

How many amongst your circa 20k attendances in the championship should I assume are similar?

Only Leeds fan I know well, chose to support Leeds as he wanted to piss his Dad off, who supported Man Utd.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
...and following a football club does not always equate to being a fan of that club

Go on then, I'll bite...when did you watch your first game at Brighton?

Things were very much downward when I started going. What has happened since 2000 has been truly incredible. You think you've been through the wringer, but to experience the lows and highs that we have is something that you could never begin to understand.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Rest assured I do realise that.

All of the lads I'm referring to were born in Sussex and still live there...sorry, here

Apart from the Millwall lad who was born in SE London so fair play to him I guess
There is a definite Croydon Stench attached to this 'Leeds' fan.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
No-one here is trying to claim we've a bigger fan base than Leeds ffs. All we've been enjoying is all the shit your fans have been spouting about Ben White, which includes the fact that loads of your fans seem to think you're that much bigger than us now that BW couldn't possibly want to stay with us.

... And I call bullshit on the quoted post. And regardless, the club is in a fantastic position at the moment and moving forward brilliantly, vast majority of kids wearing albion shirts in the parks etc. Managed to better the mighty Leeds average attendance 7 years on the trot last decade, so make of that what you will.

That's true...met a lad this morning (ex-Man U) who now goes to the Amex regularly and is now a fan because his 10 year old is a Seagulls fan.

Always used to be that you ended up following your Dad's team not the other way round...kid's today eh!

Mind you my old man was a Sunderland fan (yeah I know, I know!) so I dodged a bullet there!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
...and following a football club does not always equate to being a fan of that club

Go on then, I'll bite...when did you watch your first game at Brighton?
**** off you ****

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
That's true...met a lad this morning (ex-Man U) who now goes to the Amex regularly and is now a fan because his 10 year old is a Seagulls fan.

Always used to be that you ended up following your Dad's team not the other way round...kid's today eh!

Mind you my old man was a Sunderland fan (yeah I know, I know!) so I dodged a bullet there!

My other team? Tranmere Rovers,

Because...I lived in tranmere.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011

You didn't answer my question from yesterday. How do you think your squad is coming on for next season?

We have a bit of an issue - too many quality centre backs. Don't know what to do with them all to be honest. Just wondering if you have a similar issue and might be able to give some advice.

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020

Things were very much downward when I started going. What has happened since 2000 has been truly incredible. You think you've been through the wringer, but to experience the lows and highs that we have is something that you could never begin to understand.

...unless of course you were behind the goal at Edgar Street that afternoon

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
So who was your "other" team back in the 70's? Most Brighton fans I knew back then had one

My other team in the 70s was BHAFC so up yours

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Yep. Born and brought up in Devon, old man a Best-era Man U supporter (never went to Old Trafford, obvs) so I obviously followed Liverpool to piss him off. Moved to Sussex way before we had kids, junior got into football when he was about 5, Albion Community scheme etc and we went to the Withdean..........etc.

What’s your point ? From what I’ve seen the ER crowd, and even worse your away following, is primarily 50-something fat blokes who hate anyone who isn’t Leeds, and spend most matches (and before and after) being purple-faced with faux anger and shouting swear words at, and threatening anyone (women and kids included) connected with the opposition.

Utter bunch of entitled, arrogant wnakers, desperately clinging on to their 1970s reputation and former glory.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
...unless of course you were behind the goal at Edgar Street that afternoon

If you were there you shouldn't have been.

I couldn't go - my son was one month old. I was lying on a bed with him listening to the commentary, thinking that if we lost he would not have a football team to support. The joy when Robbie scored...

He started going in 2004. His Albion supporting experience is as good as it gets.

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
Yep. Born and brought up in Devon, old man a Best-era Man U supporter (never went to Old Trafford, obvs) so I obviously followed Liverpool to piss him off. Moved to Sussex way before we had kids, junior got into football when he was about 5, Albion Community scheme etc and we went to the Withdean..........etc.

What’s your point ? From what I’ve seen the ER crowd, and even worse your away following, is primarily 50-something fat blokes who hate anyone who isn’t Leeds, and spend most matches (and before and after) being purple-faced with faux anger and shouting swear words at, and threatening anyone (women and kids included) connected with the opposition.

Utter bunch of entitled, arrogant wnakers, desperately clinging on to their 1970s reputation and former glory.

My point was that yes, you do see a lot of kids in the parks now wearing Brighton shirts. I was agreeing with your poster who had alluded to that

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
My point was that yes, you do see a lot of kids in the parks now wearing Brighton shirts. I was agreeing with your poster who had alluded to that

Where do you think your man Zaha will end up?

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
If you were there you shouldn't have been.

I couldn't go - my son was one month old. I was lying on a bed with him listening to the commentary, thinking that if we lost he would not have a football team to support. The joy when Robbie scored...

He started going in 2004. His Albion supporting experience is as good as it gets.

Why not?

I was also at the last games at the Goldstone (including the midweek 11 o'clock(?) kick off), Wembley play-off, Millenium Stadium play-off and pretty much every game at Priestfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here