Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
So who was your "other" team back in the 70's? Most Brighton fans I knew back then had one

Very rich considering you averaged around 22k for years outside the prem and now suddenly selling out again. The truly big clubs in this country would never drop to an average that low in the same scenario, nowhere near.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So who was your "other" team back in the 70's? Most Brighton fans I knew back then had one
Mystery Incorporated was the probably the "other team" I was most interested in back then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Who was your other team when you were in League One??? Most Leeds fans I knew back then had lost interest in Leeds

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
Yea I'm sure you knew many albion fans.

What team have you been following the past 16 seasons?

Bellend road looking quite empty when I've travelled up. Every leeds fan across the globe should visit once in their lifetimes I suppose.

On second thoughts you're probably right. Just trying to think of the lads I worked with back then...

Man U (x 2)
Liverpool
Everton
Spurs (x 3)
Saints
Millwall...he was a bit of a strange one though
One who was a self-confessed football fan but didn't have a team...very strange!

...oh and there was one who was a Brighton fan - at least he said he was, don't think he'd ever been to a game mind. He was really more of a rugby fan, might have been a Harlequins fan for all I know

As far as I know only one of the Man U fans, two of the Spurs fans and the Everton fella (Amex season ticket holder to boot) now swear their allegiance to the Albion

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
On second thoughts you're probably right. Just trying to think of the lads I worked with back then...

Man U (x 2)
Liverpool
Everton
Spurs (x 3)
Saints
One who was a self-confessed football fan but didn't have a team...very strange!

...oh and there was one who was a Brighton fan - at least he said he was, don't think he'd ever been to a game mind. He was really more of a rugby fan, might have been a Harlequins fan for all I know

As far as I know only one of the Man U fans, two of the Spurs fans and the Everton fella (Amex season ticket holder to boot) now swear their allegiance to the Albion

If any of that is true, which it could be, you do realise people move down here from all over the country right?

Just saying you know someone from Brighton who doesn't support Brighton is not really big news or cause for mockery.

We have a pub full of bindippers every saturday, majority of them originating outside of Sussex (not liverpool mind).

The fact you think there is a large saints following in Brighton is beyond parody and shows your ignorance.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Very rich considering you averaged around 22k for years outside the prem and now suddenly selling out again. The truly big clubs in this country would never drop to an average that low in the same scenario, nowhere near.

But only because their fan base is GLOBAL not local.

From broad indifference between the clubs, I hope now that the Brighton celebrations for Leeds going down put our own promotion parade to shame.

They really are deluded idiots that I will be glad to see the back of.

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
If any of that is true, which it could be, you do realise people move down here from all over the country right?

Just saying you know someone from Brighton who doesn't support Brighton is not really big news or cause for mockery.

We have a pub full of bindippers every saturday, majority of them originating outside of Sussex (not liverpool mind).

The fact you think there is a large saints following in Brighton is beyond parody and shows your ignorance.

Rest assured I do realise that.

All of the lads I'm referring to were born in Sussex and still live there...sorry, here

Apart from the Millwall lad who was born in SE London so fair play to him I guess

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Man U (x 2)
Liverpool
Everton
Spurs (x 3)
Saints

No-one here is trying to claim we've a bigger fan base than Leeds ffs. All we've been enjoying is all the shit your fans have been spouting about Ben White, which includes the fact that loads of your fans seem to think you're that much bigger than us now that BW couldn't possibly want to stay with us.

... And I call bullshit on the quoted post. And regardless, the club is in a fantastic position at the moment and moving forward brilliantly, vast majority of kids wearing albion shirts in the parks etc. Managed to better the mighty Leeds average attendance 7 years on the trot last decade, so make of that what you will.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Rest assured I do realise that.

All of the lads I'm referring to were born in Sussex and still live there...sorry, here

Apart from the Millwall lad who was born in SE London so fair play to him I guess

Rest assured I know a man u fan who is a leeds season ticket holder, if ever there was a stranger combination.

How many amongst your circa 20k attendances in the championship should I assume are similar?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Exactly, I arrived in Brighton as an armchair (world service and papers as I had lived abroad) Spurs fan in 1975. I had never paid any attention to the fact that Brighton had a football team prior to that :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here