Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's a long one, but forgive me, you're worth it.

Plenty of people getting a tad hot under the collar here I see. Nevertheless, I thought I’d pop by and see if I can help out – call it missionary work if you will.

Ben White? Well to start with, he wasn’t Leeds’ Player of the Year last season as I’ve seen oft repeated here; he was Young Player of the Year. A minor point, but as you’ve repeatedly asked for facts, I’ll deal in facts.

Ben White was superb last season for Leeds, and a joy to watch. Some credit for that of course has to go to Brighton, but his development was exponential last season, and that was down to Leeds and Bielsa – and we’ll also come back to Bielsa – but let’s stick to Ben White for now. I personally think he’ll go on to play for England and he has the potential to be exceptional. I say that having watched him play 40 games, unlike some Brighton fans that wouldn’t know the difference between Ben White and Barry White.

As mentioned, he was ‘young’ player of the year, and so it is still only potential in the top tier - can he step up, guess we’ll find out. I think he will, and whether he does so playing for Leeds, or Brighton – I genuinely hope he makes it.

Why then the drama over the fact that Leeds have made an offer or three? Outrageous! The nerve of it, making record bids for a player having never played a minute in the Premier League. Disgraceful behaviour! Dirty Leeds!! As far as I’m aware Leeds’ CEO has approached Brighton in an appropriate manner without a hint of disrespect. So how should Seagulls fans react to this most heinous crime - I know lets devote 350 pages (and counting) of our fans’ board to Leeds, to prove we don’t care about them – that’ll show ‘em.

To finish with Ben White, it looking like he will stay put, and maybe he’ll be Brighton’s young player of the year this season - but who knows, you’ve a lot of centre halves and they can’t all play, so this is still running. Either way, good luck to a young talent who shone brightly for us for a season and will ever remain a small part of our history. I’ll keep watching and hope he goes on to prove his potential whatever colour shirt he wears. But he’s just one player, and we’ll move on, and we’ll pick our next number 5, and Bielsa will develop him too……

Bielsa. I said we’d come back to him, and don’t panic Brighton fans he will be here this season, with the bucket you like so much. What’s he ever done I read Brighton fans ask? He’s no Graham Potter!! He’s never taken a team to the Europa League round of 32 – oh hang on, didn’t he get to the final a couple of years back; and didn’t he win Olympic Gold managing Argentina? Didn’t he also take Chile to the World Cup, and take Leeds from 13th in the Championship to Champions by 10 points in two seasons, matching in a stroke the highlight of Brighton’s entire history? But hey, he’s no Graham Potter, after all Guardiola and Pochettino and so many others speak in such glowing terms about Potter, don’t they?

Again, I actually like Potter, an astute manager, and an excellent appointment, but I deal in facts remember – Sorry Graham. Sorry Seagulls.

Did I use the word history just then? Well, more delusions from we Leeds fans. We’re not Barcelona are we? Perhaps not, but we have played and beaten them in major European competition. Leeds has won every major English honour, as well as European trophies. We’ve had countless greats of the game, not least of whom are two players with World Cup Winners medals playing for Leeds and England. Brighton’s Highlights of History? One Championship title; well you were pretty good that year in fairness, but just the one - in your whole history? The next most famous thing in Brighton’s history is what – Steve Foster’s headband? Brighton’s highlights in Europe would be.…..the odd pre-season tour?

You might counter that all this history was a while back, and you might have a point – to a point, but we’ve still spent four times the number of seasons Brighton have in the Premier League and have finished in the top five on seven occasions. Brighton’s highest finish? 15th. I’ve read on here (your own fans’ forum) that the height of Brighton’s ambition is to find three clubs worse than Brighton each year, in a desperate bid to add to their three years of Premier League history. Good luck with that one Gulls, but if that’s ambition, I’ll keep my delusions thanks.

But hey, Brighton are still the bigger club aren’t they, I mean talk about a wide fan base, which stretches all the way from Brighton to..….Hove? I did read someone here saying Brighton attendances were higher between 2012-17, well good show there; very well done. So the top of your arc might briefly flirt with the bottom of ours. Well haven’t Leeds’ attendances been higher over the past two seasons, despite being a league below? I’ll not mention Leeds’ worldwide fan base because, well some of you, you do know, don’t you – the ones on here that can actually see through both eyes?

Maybe Leeds will fill one of those three bottom slots this year to help Brighton fulfil their ambitions? I don’t think so, but even if it happens, Leeds fans will continue to dream of the stars rather than aching for 15th. Sometimes we’ll get there as with the three league titles we’ve won; European trophies, FA and League cup wins. Sometimes we’ll fall agonizingly short as in the ’75 final, or the Ridsdale Years, but at least our delusions come with colour and a chance to enjoy the ride.

Brighton is a well-run club, and punching above their weight right now, and long may it continue. I say that with no intent to patronise, and have absolutely no malice against the club. I’ll give a shout out to Seagulls season ticket holder Rob B – I still wish I’d taken that spare Prince ticket a few years back! I hope you finish above WBA, and Fulham – and even Crystal Palace, and good luck in trying to achieve your ambition of staying in the Premier League another year.

Posting on a football forum and expecting any semblance of realism is in itself probably the perfect definition of delusion. I have though tried to deal in facts, but hey maybe I am just deluded. Either way I’ll leave you now, so have at it – if I’m daft enough to post on here, I deserve what I get, and I won't come back to reply to - any reply. Let’s see if Leeds fans’ delusions of grandeur can get you past 400 pages of talking about Leeds. I won’t be back to respond but will stay Forever Leeds. ALAW, MOT!

Tee hee. A very long and well constructed piece that contains PRECISELY the same delusional bullshit we’ve been laughing at. What a TOOL.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well [MENTION=27432]HeadLiner[/MENTION] the Leeds fan, who works in education, often frequents NSC in the early hours....... clearly deluded, rambles out of his arse with his made up 'fiction facts'........ but still shows a normal level of decorum on here, is just the same stereotypical, gobby nobhead Leeds fan back on Wacko.

our [MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION] popped on there, to say its crazy calling Brighton delusional for simply saying White isnt for sale, and that Brighton's development team made White not Bielsa..... would the real potty mouthed twot Leeds muppet AKA [MENTION=27432]HeadLiner[/MENTION] step forward.

View attachment 127574

I think you misunderstand..... [MENTION=27432]HeadLiner[/MENTION] HAS to act like that on WACCOE, it’s like a rule. If you try to post anything rational, without anything abusive in it, when replying to an ‘away’ fan you’ll immediately get rounded on by the forum bullies - or banned.

Shown his true colours though - been a bit of entertainment reading his utter tripe on here but time to get rid.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
BORING

once again it’s simply Leeds fans trying to convince us that they are a massive club.

We don’t care!

I’m starting to think that this is some sort of complex! Are these Leeds fans trying to make up for something?

Agree. Leeds are the most hated club in Britain. That’s down to their fans complete lack of class and I’m
From Yorkshire (IFY) syndrome, a cognitive disorder affecting the brain that a) means you have to tell everyone within seconds of meeting them, appearing on radio or TV etc b) not realising that no one cares c) people already know, especially southerners, from the stupid accent

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This thread is titled Deluded Leeds fans. Every time a Leeds fan posts, they reinforce that description.

Btw this thread is 90 pages, so change your Nsc settings.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I love Leeds fans coming one here explaining how big they are based on history. They have won the league title the same number of times as Huddersfield and Blackburn rovers. They have not won the title as many times as the biggest club in Yorkshire - Sheffield Wednesday.

Or let me guess, the Wednesday and Huds victories were at the wrong time in history?

Leeds is the third biggest city and has one football club. The fact they have only won the title three times when clubs such as sunderland have won it more should embarrass their fans. Other big cities have more than one club but with Leeds having a population of about 800k with one club and unless they are competing for the title struggling to get as many fans as derby (population of 250k) and Brighton and hove Albion (c300k) it is laughable. When Newcastle were in the championship they still got 50k. Proper fan base and have won the title more times than Leeds too.

We sent a player we valued very highly to develop at a lower level of football. He did very well and won man of the match in his first match and Leeds fans were excited from the start, which means arguing he was nothing without Bielsa is disingenuous at best but more accurately delusional. Just say thank you to Brighton for lending you a player who played a key role in getting you back into the top division for the first time in a generation.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Are these folk escaped from a facility for the terminally dense? Do they seriously think that we’re just planning to get him to clean the bogs? If they’ve worked out how to sit down and type this utter drivel why can’t they just ask themselves the simplest questions before broadcasting this biblical scale cockwash to the world?

I’d appreciate it if Ben could start with floor in the ESU mens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Hi Leeds lurkers. I know you’re there. I want to make this a teachable moment. You’re very confused with this whole “Brightons valuation is ridiculous” logic.

Let’s break it down.

1. Not for sale
Not.
For.
Sale.

Definition. This typically means the owner of the asset in question is not openly selling on the market or seeking a bid. This applies to business. Not just football. But you have a vague approximation in your FIFA games as well.

(An example on the meaning of not for sale using real estate:
https://www.realtor.com/advice/buy/can-we-offer-to-buy-a-house-that-is-not-listed/ )

2. Critical thinking, aka, not believing every Clickbait article.
“But ‘ow can you value ‘Im at £50m lols when he only played in Championship, that ain’t a fair value”

Let’s break this down. Firstly. See point 1.

Secondly, where are you getting this supposed valuation? The only statement from our club is Ben White is not for sale. It’s been a very consistent message. There’s been no other statement from the club regarding anything else.

I’m sorry to say you’re being slightly gullible and believing a tweet at face hand, usually linking to a clickbait article based on telling you what you want to hear.

Question your sources. Don’t just blindly accept everything you read on Twitter. Again, this applies to life, not just football. If you vote you have a duty to think critically.

”Lol wut, but how you can you reject a bid for a player who ain’t played in premier league”
See points 1 and 2.

”Ok We wud be willing to go to £30m coz he will be worth more in the future”
Aha. You’re a quick one. But you don’t think our club realises that? Think about it.

“But how can you keep an unhappy player, it’s all player power these days, £25m should be enough to do the deal”.
You’re not very bright are you? See answers 1 and 2.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008

Plenty of people getting a tad hot under the collar here I see. Nevertheless, I thought I’d pop by and see if I can help out – call it missionary work if you will.

Ben White? Well to start with, he wasn’t Leeds’ Player of the Year last season as I’ve seen oft repeated here; he was Young Player of the Year. A minor point, but as you’ve repeatedly asked for facts, I’ll deal in facts.

Ben White was superb last season for Leeds, and a joy to watch. Some credit for that of course has to go to Brighton, but his development was exponential last season, and that was down to Leeds and Bielsa – and we’ll also come back to Bielsa – but let’s stick to Ben White for now. I personally think he’ll go on to play for England and he has the potential to be exceptional. I say that having watched him play 40 games, unlike some Brighton fans that wouldn’t know the difference between Ben White and Barry White.

As mentioned, he was ‘young’ player of the year, and so it is still only potential in the top tier - can he step up, guess we’ll find out. I think he will, and whether he does so playing for Leeds, or Brighton – I genuinely hope he makes it.

Why then the drama over the fact that Leeds have made an offer or three? Outrageous! The nerve of it, making record bids for a player having never played a minute in the Premier League. Disgraceful behaviour! Dirty Leeds!! As far as I’m aware Leeds’ CEO has approached Brighton in an appropriate manner without a hint of disrespect. So how should Seagulls fans react to this most heinous crime - I know lets devote 350 pages (and counting) of our fans’ board to Leeds, to prove we don’t care about them – that’ll show ‘em.

To finish with Ben White, it looking like he will stay put, and maybe he’ll be Brighton’s young player of the year this season - but who knows, you’ve a lot of centre halves and they can’t all play, so this is still running. Either way, good luck to a young talent who shone brightly for us for a season and will ever remain a small part of our history. I’ll keep watching and hope he goes on to prove his potential whatever colour shirt he wears. But he’s just one player, and we’ll move on, and we’ll pick our next number 5, and Bielsa will develop him too……

Bielsa. I said we’d come back to him, and don’t panic Brighton fans he will be here this season, with the bucket you like so much. What’s he ever done I read Brighton fans ask? He’s no Graham Potter!! He’s never taken a team to the Europa League round of 32 – oh hang on, didn’t he get to the final a couple of years back; and didn’t he win Olympic Gold managing Argentina? Didn’t he also take Chile to the World Cup, and take Leeds from 13th in the Championship to Champions by 10 points in two seasons, matching in a stroke the highlight of Brighton’s entire history? But hey, he’s no Graham Potter, after all Guardiola and Pochettino and so many others speak in such glowing terms about Potter, don’t they?

Again, I actually like Potter, an astute manager, and an excellent appointment, but I deal in facts remember – Sorry Graham. Sorry Seagulls.

Did I use the word history just then? Well, more delusions from we Leeds fans. We’re not Barcelona are we? Perhaps not, but we have played and beaten them in major European competition. Leeds has won every major English honour, as well as European trophies. We’ve had countless greats of the game, not least of whom are two players with World Cup Winners medals playing for Leeds and England. Brighton’s Highlights of History? One Championship title; well you were pretty good that year in fairness, but just the one - in your whole history? The next most famous thing in Brighton’s history is what – Steve Foster’s headband? Brighton’s highlights in Europe would be.…..the odd pre-season tour?

You might counter that all this history was a while back, and you might have a point – to a point, but we’ve still spent four times the number of seasons Brighton have in the Premier League and have finished in the top five on seven occasions. Brighton’s highest finish? 15th. I’ve read on here (your own fans’ forum) that the height of Brighton’s ambition is to find three clubs worse than Brighton each year, in a desperate bid to add to their three years of Premier League history. Good luck with that one Gulls, but if that’s ambition, I’ll keep my delusions thanks.

But hey, Brighton are still the bigger club aren’t they, I mean talk about a wide fan base, which stretches all the way from Brighton to..….Hove? I did read someone here saying Brighton attendances were higher between 2012-17, well good show there; very well done. So the top of your arc might briefly flirt with the bottom of ours. Well haven’t Leeds’ attendances been higher over the past two seasons, despite being a league below? I’ll not mention Leeds’ worldwide fan base because, well some of you, you do know, don’t you – the ones on here that can actually see through both eyes?

Maybe Leeds will fill one of those three bottom slots this year to help Brighton fulfil their ambitions? I don’t think so, but even if it happens, Leeds fans will continue to dream of the stars rather than aching for 15th. Sometimes we’ll get there as with the three league titles we’ve won; European trophies, FA and League cup wins. Sometimes we’ll fall agonizingly short as in the ’75 final, or the Ridsdale Years, but at least our delusions come with colour and a chance to enjoy the ride.

Brighton is a well-run club, and punching above their weight right now, and long may it continue. I say that with no intent to patronise, and have absolutely no malice against the club. I’ll give a shout out to Seagulls season ticket holder Rob B – I still wish I’d taken that spare Prince ticket a few years back! I hope you finish above WBA, and Fulham – and even Crystal Palace, and good luck in trying to achieve your ambition of staying in the Premier League another year.

Posting on a football forum and expecting any semblance of realism is in itself probably the perfect definition of delusion. I have though tried to deal in facts, but hey maybe I am just deluded. Either way I’ll leave you now, so have at it – if I’m daft enough to post on here, I deserve what I get, and I won't come back to reply to - any reply. Let’s see if Leeds fans’ delusions of grandeur can get you past 400 pages of talking about Leeds. I won’t be back to respond but will stay Forever Leeds. ALAW, MOT!

What was the point of writing all that nonsense? Waste of time. You’re just another deluded fool.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Agree. Leeds are the most hated club in Britain. That’s down to their fans complete lack of class and I’m
From Yorkshire (IFY) syndrome, a cognitive disorder affecting the brain that a) means you have to tell everyone within seconds of meeting them, appearing on radio or TV etc b) not realising that no one cares c) people already know, especially southerners, from the stupid accent

The drivel that comes from those people from Yorkshire irritates me as much as the Leeds big club theory.

Yorkshire is nice. But that’s it. The only people banging on about Yorkshire are those that are from there. Nobody ever said “I wish I was from Yorkshire!”

I’ve actually lived in Leeds some nice places but for the love of god places like gipton, seacroft, Beeston etc make Croydon look like paradise! Plenty of sh*tholes in every part of the world but I don’t ever have a burning desire to pop to Leeds.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Bielsa is a well respected Manager, popular with players and fans, behaves like a gentleman and took the club from a lowly position in the Championship to promotion in two seasons. Sounds a lot like Chris Hughton.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
This all reminds me of that one annoying player in monopoly that keeps trying to buy their 4th station from you for the list price, and complains when you refuse.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Why he is worth more than £25m;
Leeds fans and club are desperate for him.
Leeds fans tell us he will play for England one day.
Leeds chairmen tell us that's another £10m after he scores.

Why we won't sell;
Leeds are a relegation candidate.
He will play for England one day.
We don't need the money.

Leeds fans argue he is not worth more than £25m as he is unproven in Premier league. But he is going to play for England, so Premier league is no problem.

Leeds fans argue that we are over pricing him yet the club haven't put a price on him just a not for sale sign.

I've never wanted Liverpool to win anything but I'm hoping they smash Leeds out of sight in the first game.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I genuinely can't believe that some nimrod has bought Ake into this.

Because Ake was purchased for £41M, BHA must compare and contrast so that a balance is struck to be fair to Leeds.

A, that's bollocks as a concept.
B, Ake's fee was set by a contract clause Citeh triggered, not an open market offer and acceptance situation.

Why can't these cry babies see any of this for what it is?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have to say, this thread is an absolute embarrassment. I was a Leeds supporter 50 years ago, when all schoolboys in Hove followed a division 1 side. That 11 year old boy would have died of shame to see the pathetic antics of some of the present day Leeds following.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
[emoji2357]

Or he’s not for sale? Crazy idea. Nah, couldn’t be that.

Bielsa made him the player he is [emoji3581]
We didn’t know who he was before he joined Leeds [emoji3581]
Doesn’t understand the transfer market [emoji3581]

[tweet]1296546312679231490[/tweet]

LMAO 'unknown player'.

As if Leeds didn't know who he was... Did BW just turn up one day at their training ground out of the blue and their manager said "I have no idea who that guy is, but let's stick him in defence!".

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Once again, Leeds fans, Bielsa didn’t ‘make’ Ben White.
Brighton knew what a special player he was six years ago, and have carefully managed his development and experience.

This is a a good manager, Michael Flynn of Newport County, predicting that Ben would play for England, way back in September 2017.

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/s...of-praise-for-brighton-hove-albion-loan-star/

I watched Ben play at Oxford United, for Brighton in the League Cup in 2016, and have the programme, so don’t come on Nsc, saying we don’t know what we’re doing.
Poor deluded fools, who want to believe that Ben loves only them, when he has already bought his own house here, and gone on holiday with his friend from his days in the U23s.

Get over yourselves. The affair is finished.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Maybe you could start a self help group with killer whale ? You could find some other leeds buddies and all sit in a circle explaining to each other how big a club leeds really are. It might be better than posting your deluded drivel on our forum. It’s just the same old crap but longer and all it does is further advertise the insecurities and little man syndrome that defines your club’s support. Ben White is not for sale and I know you cannot process how our club can possibly say no to you, but there it is. Deal with it.Just get the message and clear off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here