Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It's a long one, but forgive me, you're worth it.

Plenty of people getting a tad hot under the collar here I see. Nevertheless, I thought I’d pop by and see if I can help out – call it missionary work if you will.

Ben White? Well to start with, he wasn’t Leeds’ Player of the Year last season as I’ve seen oft repeated here; he was Young Player of the Year. A minor point, but as you’ve repeatedly asked for facts, I’ll deal in facts.

Ben White was superb last season for Leeds, and a joy to watch. Some credit for that of course has to go to Brighton, but his development was exponential last season, and that was down to Leeds and Bielsa – and we’ll also come back to Bielsa – but let’s stick to Ben White for now. I personally think he’ll go on to play for England and he has the potential to be exceptional. I say that having watched him play 40 games, unlike some Brighton fans that wouldn’t know the difference between Ben White and Barry White.

As mentioned, he was ‘young’ player of the year, and so it is still only potential in the top tier - can he step up, guess we’ll find out. I think he will, and whether he does so playing for Leeds, or Brighton – I genuinely hope he makes it.

Why then the drama over the fact that Leeds have made an offer or three? Outrageous! The nerve of it, making record bids for a player having never played a minute in the Premier League. Disgraceful behaviour! Dirty Leeds!! As far as I’m aware Leeds’ CEO has approached Brighton in an appropriate manner without a hint of disrespect. So how should Seagulls fans react to this most heinous crime - I know lets devote 350 pages (and counting) of our fans’ board to Leeds, to prove we don’t care about them – that’ll show ‘em.

To finish with Ben White, it looking like he will stay put, and maybe he’ll be Brighton’s young player of the year this season - but who knows, you’ve a lot of centre halves and they can’t all play, so this is still running. Either way, good luck to a young talent who shone brightly for us for a season and will ever remain a small part of our history. I’ll keep watching and hope he goes on to prove his potential whatever colour shirt he wears. But he’s just one player, and we’ll move on, and we’ll pick our next number 5, and Bielsa will develop him too……

Bielsa. I said we’d come back to him, and don’t panic Brighton fans he will be here this season, with the bucket you like so much. What’s he ever done I read Brighton fans ask? He’s no Graham Potter!! He’s never taken a team to the Europa League round of 32 – oh hang on, didn’t he get to the final a couple of years back; and didn’t he win Olympic Gold managing Argentina? Didn’t he also take Chile to the World Cup, and take Leeds from 13th in the Championship to Champions by 10 points in two seasons, matching in a stroke the highlight of Brighton’s entire history? But hey, he’s no Graham Potter, after all Guardiola and Pochettino and so many others speak in such glowing terms about Potter, don’t they?

Again, I actually like Potter, an astute manager, and an excellent appointment, but I deal in facts remember – Sorry Graham. Sorry Seagulls.

Did I use the word history just then? Well, more delusions from we Leeds fans. We’re not Barcelona are we? Perhaps not, but we have played and beaten them in major European competition. Leeds has won every major English honour, as well as European trophies. We’ve had countless greats of the game, not least of whom are two players with World Cup Winners medals playing for Leeds and England. Brighton’s Highlights of History? One Championship title; well you were pretty good that year in fairness, but just the one - in your whole history? The next most famous thing in Brighton’s history is what – Steve Foster’s headband? Brighton’s highlights in Europe would be.…..the odd pre-season tour?

You might counter that all this history was a while back, and you might have a point – to a point, but we’ve still spent four times the number of seasons Brighton have in the Premier League and have finished in the top five on seven occasions. Brighton’s highest finish? 15th. I’ve read on here (your own fans’ forum) that the height of Brighton’s ambition is to find three clubs worse than Brighton each year, in a desperate bid to add to their three years of Premier League history. Good luck with that one Gulls, but if that’s ambition, I’ll keep my delusions thanks.

But hey, Brighton are still the bigger club aren’t they, I mean talk about a wide fan base, which stretches all the way from Brighton to..….Hove? I did read someone here saying Brighton attendances were higher between 2012-17, well good show there; very well done. So the top of your arc might briefly flirt with the bottom of ours. Well haven’t Leeds’ attendances been higher over the past two seasons, despite being a league below? I’ll not mention Leeds’ worldwide fan base because, well some of you, you do know, don’t you – the ones on here that can actually see through both eyes?

Maybe Leeds will fill one of those three bottom slots this year to help Brighton fulfil their ambitions? I don’t think so, but even if it happens, Leeds fans will continue to dream of the stars rather than aching for 15th. Sometimes we’ll get there as with the three league titles we’ve won; European trophies, FA and League cup wins. Sometimes we’ll fall agonizingly short as in the ’75 final, or the Ridsdale Years, but at least our delusions come with colour and a chance to enjoy the ride.

Brighton is a well-run club, and punching above their weight right now, and long may it continue. I say that with no intent to patronise, and have absolutely no malice against the club. I’ll give a shout out to Seagulls season ticket holder Rob B – I still wish I’d taken that spare Prince ticket a few years back! I hope you finish above WBA, and Fulham – and even Crystal Palace, and good luck in trying to achieve your ambition of staying in the Premier League another year.

Posting on a football forum and expecting any semblance of realism is in itself probably the perfect definition of delusion. I have though tried to deal in facts, but hey maybe I am just deluded. Either way I’ll leave you now, so have at it – if I’m daft enough to post on here, I deserve what I get, and I won't come back to reply to - any reply. Let’s see if Leeds fans’ delusions of grandeur can get you past 400 pages of talking about Leeds. I won’t be back to respond but will stay Forever Leeds. ALAW, MOT!

Bothered.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

Plenty of people getting a tad hot under the collar here I see. Nevertheless, I thought I’d pop by and see if I can help out – call it missionary work if you will.

Ben White? Well to start with, he wasn’t Leeds’ Player of the Year last season as I’ve seen oft repeated here; he was Young Player of the Year. A minor point, but as you’ve repeatedly asked for facts, I’ll deal in facts.

Ben White was superb last season for Leeds, and a joy to watch. Some credit for that of course has to go to Brighton, but his development was exponential last season, and that was down to Leeds and Bielsa – and we’ll also come back to Bielsa – but let’s stick to Ben White for now. I personally think he’ll go on to play for England and he has the potential to be exceptional. I say that having watched him play 40 games, unlike some Brighton fans that wouldn’t know the difference between Ben White and Barry White.

As mentioned, he was ‘young’ player of the year, and so it is still only potential in the top tier - can he step up, guess we’ll find out. I think he will, and whether he does so playing for Leeds, or Brighton – I genuinely hope he makes it.

Why then the drama over the fact that Leeds have made an offer or three? Outrageous! The nerve of it, making record bids for a player having never played a minute in the Premier League. Disgraceful behaviour! Dirty Leeds!! As far as I’m aware Leeds’ CEO has approached Brighton in an appropriate manner without a hint of disrespect. So how should Seagulls fans react to this most heinous crime - I know lets devote 350 pages (and counting) of our fans’ board to Leeds, to prove we don’t care about them – that’ll show ‘em.

To finish with Ben White, it looking like he will stay put, and maybe he’ll be Brighton’s young player of the year this season - but who knows, you’ve a lot of centre halves and they can’t all play, so this is still running. Either way, good luck to a young talent who shone brightly for us for a season and will ever remain a small part of our history. I’ll keep watching and hope he goes on to prove his potential whatever colour shirt he wears. But he’s just one player, and we’ll move on, and we’ll pick our next number 5, and Bielsa will develop him too……

Bielsa. I said we’d come back to him, and don’t panic Brighton fans he will be here this season, with the bucket you like so much. What’s he ever done I read Brighton fans ask? He’s no Graham Potter!! He’s never taken a team to the Europa League round of 32 – oh hang on, didn’t he get to the final a couple of years back; and didn’t he win Olympic Gold managing Argentina? Didn’t he also take Chile to the World Cup, and take Leeds from 13th in the Championship to Champions by 10 points in two seasons, matching in a stroke the highlight of Brighton’s entire history? But hey, he’s no Graham Potter, after all Guardiola and Pochettino and so many others speak in such glowing terms about Potter, don’t they?

Again, I actually like Potter, an astute manager, and an excellent appointment, but I deal in facts remember – Sorry Graham. Sorry Seagulls.

Did I use the word history just then? Well, more delusions from we Leeds fans. We’re not Barcelona are we? Perhaps not, but we have played and beaten them in major European competition. Leeds has won every major English honour, as well as European trophies. We’ve had countless greats of the game, not least of whom are two players with World Cup Winners medals playing for Leeds and England. Brighton’s Highlights of History? One Championship title; well you were pretty good that year in fairness, but just the one - in your whole history? The next most famous thing in Brighton’s history is what – Steve Foster’s headband? Brighton’s highlights in Europe would be.…..the odd pre-season tour?

You might counter that all this history was a while back, and you might have a point – to a point, but we’ve still spent four times the number of seasons Brighton have in the Premier League and have finished in the top five on seven occasions. Brighton’s highest finish? 15th. I’ve read on here (your own fans’ forum) that the height of Brighton’s ambition is to find three clubs worse than Brighton each year, in a desperate bid to add to their three years of Premier League history. Good luck with that one Gulls, but if that’s ambition, I’ll keep my delusions thanks.

But hey, Brighton are still the bigger club aren’t they, I mean talk about a wide fan base, which stretches all the way from Brighton to..….Hove? I did read someone here saying Brighton attendances were higher between 2012-17, well good show there; very well done. So the top of your arc might briefly flirt with the bottom of ours. Well haven’t Leeds’ attendances been higher over the past two seasons, despite being a league below? I’ll not mention Leeds’ worldwide fan base because, well some of you, you do know, don’t you – the ones on here that can actually see through both eyes?

Maybe Leeds will fill one of those three bottom slots this year to help Brighton fulfil their ambitions? I don’t think so, but even if it happens, Leeds fans will continue to dream of the stars rather than aching for 15th. Sometimes we’ll get there as with the three league titles we’ve won; European trophies, FA and League cup wins. Sometimes we’ll fall agonizingly short as in the ’75 final, or the Ridsdale Years, but at least our delusions come with colour and a chance to enjoy the ride.

Brighton is a well-run club, and punching above their weight right now, and long may it continue. I say that with no intent to patronise, and have absolutely no malice against the club. I’ll give a shout out to Seagulls season ticket holder Rob B – I still wish I’d taken that spare Prince ticket a few years back! I hope you finish above WBA, and Fulham – and even Crystal Palace, and good luck in trying to achieve your ambition of staying in the Premier League another year.

Posting on a football forum and expecting any semblance of realism is in itself probably the perfect definition of delusion. I have though tried to deal in facts, but hey maybe I am just deluded. Either way I’ll leave you now, so have at it – if I’m daft enough to post on here, I deserve what I get, and I won't come back to reply to - any reply. Let’s see if Leeds fans’ delusions of grandeur can get you past 400 pages of talking about Leeds. I won’t be back to respond but will stay Forever Leeds. ALAW, MOT!

What are you on about, our medium to long term ambition is to finish top 10. Also the people who run your club disrespected us by acting as if all they had to do was make an offer for Ben White and we should accept it. It's no coincidence that after we rejected your second offer, the people who run your club started publicly saying, we have to respect hes a Brighton player.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yep. Radrizzani has to spin the plates of Bielsa, the fans and the investors. I cannot imagine how pressured he must feel and how the Yorkshire press will spin this if he lets one of those plates fly off and smash. Only a complete dunderhead would believe the line that he’s peddling about diary congestion and 100% focus on pre-season being the reason for this ridiculous situation.

I’m obviously not sure but imagine that White would have been desperately tapped up as last season wore on and it may well be that among all the drivel spouted by the Leeds fan base there might have been some truth about positive comments made by Ben r.e a potential transfer...they loved him and he would have known how much they wanted his services. At the end of the day they went in with a certain amount of confidence that The Albion would do a deal. I don’t think they lowballed, I think they just lacked experience dealing with PL chairmen, owners and managers...they thought they ...but clearly didn’t.

So here we are. Bielsa will have planned meticulously how to survive in the English top flight, there would have been a clear minimum requirement in terms of squad enhancements which Bielsa would have been flagging for the past few months.

We’re now days away from the drop dead moment and there is nothing whatsoever happening there that will have convinced Bielsa that he has the odds stacked in a way that suits him. A man like him values his reputation and his chances. The spying, the PowerPoint slides and the thick profile files he lugs about show what sort of mind he has. It’s about that as much as it’s about Leeds United.

If I’m right. Well. It’s going to get very unpleasant up there very soon.

The thing that really makes me laugh is that the fans, with their high expectations of the team and board, are increasing the pressure and making things more difficult for their club.

As you suggest they are a club ready to blow.

Not saying it will happen but Leed's season has all the ingredients for an absolute car crash.

I guess we will see just how good Bielsa really is. Full respect to him if he manages to keep them up.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Bielsa can sell his entire squad that Leeds actually own, and use the U23s and they're still gonna get champions league. He's that good a coach, seriously.....

Actually, it's rubbish. He's a shit coach, who likes his players to be fit and run alot. They got lucky to get promoted due to the lockdown, if that didn't happen, then they were going to run out of steam,(also think lockdown benefited us as thought we were going down pre lockdown with fans in stadium getting irate).

Hopefully they spunk their budget on players they had on loan last season, with the exception of BW, get a double relegation and end up back in L1 again, where that shit club and fans belong. Stupid, shit club, hopefully staring down the barrel of financial oblivion in a couple of seasons..
I HATE Leeds.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

What an utter waste of forum space.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Not hot under the collar in slightest. Just endlessly entertained by the moronic lunacy of your fanbase. We’re laughing at you.

- most of you don’t understand the loan system
- you insist we didn’t know who Ben White was before he went to Leeds
- Bielsa “made” BW the player he is
- extreme gullibility. Believe every half baked Twitter theory
- insistent that Ben wants to leave us despite all evidence to the contrary
- believe you won’t be in the relegation battle
- Delusions of grandeur

Then to add to the comedy, most fans with the above characteristics appear to have a poor grasp of their first language.

And to further add to the deluded cringe, your fanbase just in the past month have:

- created change.org petitions
- started trending #freebenwhite
- he’s Leeds through and through etc
- mugs
- memes
- songs. Just yesterday a full release of “Free Ben from Brighton” came out.

It’s not about Leeds. Your deluded fans are the comedy gift that keeps on giving.

rich_htfc

Aug 23, 2020
I see you lot are experiencing the delusion that us hudds fans have had to deal with since the 70`s. Alot harder to get away from seeing we are so close to them.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011

Bye

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

I think you'll find the main source of our annoyance at Leeds is due to a minority of your fan base being so insulting about our club via Twitter. The evidence is posted throughout this thread. We loaned you Ben White. Most of us were well aware of his potential, and in fairness he has developed well at Leeds. Great a win/win.
The way though that this has then developed into the spat it has is largely due to how Leeds, the club, have openly sought the player to placate their fans, and the way that the Leeds fans have reacted. Why wouldn't Leeds, on the quiet, enquire about White, make an offer without making it so public, find out that he's not for sale, as he has never been, and then go search for another CB.
the way Leeds have dealt with things has lacked a bit of class, frankly.
Anyway, if you aren't coming back to answer any of the responses to your comments, I'm wasting my time.
Oh, by the way I'm a Brighton fan living in Manchester for the past twenty years. Perhaps not Global, but not from the Brighton conurbation. You don't have a monopoly on 'passionate fans'.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Thanks for your insight (ahem). I'll be honest I got bored and didn't finish it. I was quite impressed (but not that surprised) that you wrote so much but managed to completely miss the reason for some many pages on here.

Please make your bids as much as you like, you might even find a price that suits, Ben might even decide to go. Of course, you love him, he has great potential (something we have known for far longer than you chaps). I would agree, as far as I can see your CEO has made his approaches in an appropriate manner. The poor bloke hasn't put a foot wrong from what I see. FWIW I also think that Bielsa is a brilliant manager. Whether he is good enough to keep you up remains to be seen.

So the question remains, why so many pages?

Well, let's start with your idea that this is drama. Unusually for NSC there is no drama (and we can fall out over ****ing honey badgers). This is hilarity, undiluted hilarity. We haven't laughed so much since grandma died. And let's be clear we aren't laughing at your club or your manager we are laughing (so ****ing hard) at your fans. Its is all here in this thread but let me give you a few of my personal highlights.

- #Champions League in two season
- #freebenwhite
- Brighton should be paying us
- Let's just take him on loan for another year. What is stopping us?

and the crowning glory is that ****ing song. That is a travesty, how can you look your self in the mirror in the morning know that you are forever associated with that shit?

So you can bang on about your glorious/tainted/fictitious history all you like. No one can argue that you have won many trophies (well they can argue that you weren't champions of Europe because ... well ... you weren't). But right now you are embarrassing yourselves and we are enjoying it immensely.

I suspect that this thread will run over 400 pages because you lot don't seem to be about to let up with your tragic comedy show anytime soon.

I'll be honest, your nonsense has made this one of the most entertaining offseasons on NSC that I can remember. :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Keep up the good work, and thank you.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I see you lot are experiencing the delusion that us hudds fans have had to deal with since the 70`s. Alot harder to get away from seeing we are so close to them.

You poor buggers. My Villa supporting mate suggested without any hint of irony that their game against Wolves was a chance for 'Wolves to play the big boys'. I guess this is a similar thing for you fellas being so close to the 'champions of europe'.

Still with a bit of luck, it looks like it might not be for long.

#freehtfc

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
i came over to give you lot some support.

Hows mooy doing?

Such a good player on his day and clearly ahead of everyone in terms of thinking moves ahead. I think he needs a real run of games with pace around him to get him back to the form he had with you. Problem is Potter rotates all the time and I am not sure it suits Mooy.

rich_htfc

Aug 23, 2020
Such a good player on his day and clearly ahead of everyone in terms of thinking moves ahead. I think he needs a real run of games with pace around him to get him back to the form he had with you. Problem is Potter rotates all the time and I am not sure it suits Mooy.

Thats a shame, i agree he can be so sharp with his passing and controling the game. Would love to see him back but we got to move on.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

Yawn yawn yawn!!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. thought I’d pop by and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Ben White? blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah was down to Leeds and Bielsa – blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah wouldn’t know the difference between Ben White and Barry White.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Bielsa will develop him too…

Bielsa. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah bucket blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah He’s no Graham Potter!! blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah highlight of Brighton’s entire history? blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah delusions from we Leeds fans. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Leeds has won every blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah countless greats of the game, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I’ll keep my delusions thanks.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, Leeds fans will continue to dream blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah league titles we’ve won; blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah League cup blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I am just deluded. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Leeds fans’ delusions of grandeur blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

:wanker:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Well [MENTION=27432]HeadLiner[/MENTION] the Leeds fan, who works in education, often frequents NSC in the early hours....... clearly deluded, rambles out of his arse with his made up 'fiction facts'........ but still shows a normal level of decorum on here, is just the same stereotypical, gobby nobhead Leeds fan back on Wacko.

our [MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION] popped on there, to say its crazy calling Brighton delusional for simply saying White isnt for sale, and that Brighton's development team made White not Bielsa..... would the real potty mouthed twot Leeds muppet AKA [MENTION=27432]HeadLiner[/MENTION] step forward.

headliner.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here