[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yep. Radrizzani has to spin the plates of Bielsa, the fans and the investors. I cannot imagine how pressured he must feel and how the Yorkshire press will spin this if he lets one of those plates fly off and smash. Only a complete dunderhead would believe the line that he’s peddling about diary congestion and 100% focus on pre-season being the reason for this ridiculous situation.

I’m obviously not sure but imagine that White would have been desperately tapped up as last season wore on and it may well be that among all the drivel spouted by the Leeds fan base there might have been some truth about positive comments made by Ben r.e a potential transfer...they loved him and he would have known how much they wanted his services. At the end of the day they went in with a certain amount of confidence that The Albion would do a deal. I don’t think they lowballed, I think they just lacked experience dealing with PL chairmen, owners and managers...they thought they ...but clearly didn’t.

So here we are. Bielsa will have planned meticulously how to survive in the English top flight, there would have been a clear minimum requirement in terms of squad enhancements which Bielsa would have been flagging for the past few months.

We’re now days away from the drop dead moment and there is nothing whatsoever happening there that will have convinced Bielsa that he has the odds stacked in a way that suits him. A man like him values his reputation and his chances. The spying, the PowerPoint slides and the thick profile files he lugs about show what sort of mind he has. It’s about that as much as it’s about Leeds United.

If I’m right. Well. It’s going to get very unpleasant up there very soon.

What is going on [MENTION=5076]Bevendean Hillbilly[/MENTION]?

Your excellent post has now appeared three times, at 19:39, 19:55 and 20:02?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Plus, let's be honest, Villa had a stand-out player with previous PL experience in Jack Grealish, who kept them up almost on his own. Leeds do not have that player.

Correct..

That Villa team is pretty weak even with Grealish, but they’re a world away from this current Leeds outfit who are weaker minus Ben White.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Plus, let's be honest, Villa had a stand-out player with previous PL experience in Jack Grealish, who kept them up almost on his own. Leeds do not have that player.

Well...they did but nasty, mean, profiteering and greedy Brighton and Hove Albion STOLED him. B*stards!!

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Yep. Radrizzani has to spin the plates of Bielsa, the fans and the investors. I cannot imagine how pressured he must feel and how the Yorkshire press will spin this if he lets one of those plates fly off and smash. Only a complete dunderhead would believe the line that he’s peddling about diary congestion and 100% focus on pre-season being the reason for this ridiculous situation.

I’m obviously not sure but imagine that White would have been desperately tapped up as last season wore on and it may well be that among all the drivel spouted by the Leeds fan base there might have been some truth about positive comments made by Ben r.e a potential transfer...they loved him and he would have known how much they wanted his services. At the end of the day they went in with a certain amount of confidence that The Albion would do a deal. I don’t think they lowballed, I think they just lacked experience dealing with PL chairmen, owners and managers...they thought they ...but clearly didn’t.

So here we are. Bielsa will have planned meticulously how to survive in the English top flight, there would have been a clear minimum requirement in terms of squad enhancements which Bielsa would have been flagging for the past few months.

We’re now days away from the drop dead moment and there is nothing whatsoever happening there that will have convinced Bielsa that he has the odds stacked in a way that suits him. A man like him values his reputation and his chances. The spying, the PowerPoint slides and the thick profile files he lugs about show what sort of mind he has. It’s about that as much as it’s about Leeds United.

My understanding, if I recall correctly is that Bielsa had outlined 5 players for each position he wanted to upgrade (not sure how many positions but was inferred to be a lot).

Each position has this list of 5 players, starting with his dream transfer gradually going down to the cheapest, most realistic option.

Then the board had to go to work.

So yeah, some proper Bielsa style planning.

I'm not sure they have signed any of those targets yet?

And I still think potential signings will take into consideration Bielsa's official commitment (or lack of commitment) to the club before they sign anything.
He's never stayed at a club longer than two years in his 30 year career as a manager (outside of managing International teams). One more year at Leeds would be the longest!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Well...they did but nasty, mean, profiteering and greedy Brighton and Hove Albion STOLE him. ********.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

well, they have got alfie mccalmont

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Because he’s our player mate and we want to play him?

I genuinely would love to understand why this is hard to grasp

[tweet]1297208567292993536[/tweet]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All this hilarity aside it’s starting to become obvious now what is going on in Leeds at the moment.

At the end of last season Bielsa would have been crunching the stats as it became clear that Leeds were going to get into the PL. he would, no doubt, have realised that there was going to have to be significant improvements if his side were not going to get swept aside week in and week out so he would have gone to Mr. Ravioli with a recruitment MUST HAVE list. After all, he might be a gifted coach and brilliant planner, but even he couldn’t hope to turn his players into something they aren’t.

Ben White was no.1 target. Player of the season scoring 8/10 every week and improving as he watched...well that ain’t gonna happen now...he knows that he’s got Cooper and Alioski to keep Mane, Salah, Kane, Aguerro, and Sterling etc etc out. He’d realise that is going to be an unequal struggle. He could end up looking like a shitty coach if his team are getting caned every week. He’d have been saying...I MUST. Have some decent players or...I’m off.

Mr. Ravioli is now clearly sandbagging and telling the fans that Marcelo is very very close to signing but...even to us...it all looks very suss as the weeks slide by and no signature.

So far Brighton and Rangers have flatly refused to deal and other targets he has flagged are being sniffed around by clubs MUCH better than Leeds with deeper pockets. No one...but no one is going to do them any favours it seems.

Bielsa is not a fool. He knows damned well that his squad will get overrun and outplayed by almost every team in the PL apart from the shaky ones that were promoted with them or just survived.

We, on the other hand have strengthened in the areas where we struggled last season. We look like a decent established PL club. Well run, self sufficient and solidly built. Leeds are approximately as MASSIVE as Villa and they barely scraped home....if Leeds start badly and look wobbly the fans will go apeshit and Bielsa will be chased out with pitchforks. If I was him...I’d wait a few days, see if any players I’d identified as mission critical were grabbed. If not...I’d be off. Hell hath no fury like a Leeds fan scorned.

There just isn’t any other scenario that makes any sort of sense.

...and then watch the hilarious meltdown as Allardyce, Pulis or Colin Wnker get appointed, saying it’s always been their dream to manage the mighty Leeds.

6 points at Christmas.

Scenes.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
[emoji2357]

Or he’s not for sale? Crazy idea. Nah, couldn’t be that.

Bielsa made him the player he is [emoji3581]
We didn’t know who he was before he joined Leeds [emoji3581]
Doesn’t understand the transfer market [emoji3581]

[tweet]1296546312679231490[/tweet]

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Because he’s our player mate and we want to play him?

I genuinely would love to understand why this is hard to grasp

[tweet]1297208567292993536[/tweet]

'Why can't we take him back on loan? What's stopping us?'

Genuine lols at that. There are simply too many points to pick up on with that person's lack of common sense, basic understanding of a contract and a complete failure to comprehend simple English, I wouldn't know where to start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports