PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Posted this as satire in the Nunez thread but seriously thinking about joining Waccoe and posting it, with the hashtag #FreeBenWhite, to see the reactions.

Would they realise it's satire?

I got this lads.

Gonna start a #FreeDarwinNunez campaign.

Might make a mug and a song.

Also going to cry and moan about it a lot.
Talk about my feelings. How I feel sorry for the lad. How he secretly wants to join us. How he'll be held back by their manager.
You see, I care so deeply for the boy. I cry myself to sleep each night. I can't eat.
He's like the son I never paid child support for. I was never available for him when he was growing up and maturing into a man. But now I'd like to reconcile with him, and not just because my life is shit and I want to profit off his success.
I love him so much...

...unless he has a bad game. Then he can f#ck right off the stupid c#nt. I'll ruin him.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
All this hilarity aside it’s starting to become obvious now what is going on in Leeds at the moment.

At the end of last season Bielsa would have been crunching the stats as it became clear that Leeds were going to get into the PL. he would, no doubt, have realised that there was going to have to be significant improvements if his side were not going to get swept aside week in and week out so he would have gone to Mr. Ravioli with a recruitment MUST HAVE list. After all, he might be a gifted coach and brilliant planner, but even he couldn’t hope to turn his players into something they aren’t.

Ben White was no.1 target. Player of the season scoring 8/10 every week and improving as he watched...well that ain’t gonna happen now...he knows that he’s got Cooper and Alioski to keep Mane, Salah, Kane, Aguerro, and Sterling etc etc out. He’d realise that is going to be an unequal struggle. He could end up looking like a shitty coach if his team are getting caned every week. He’d have been saying...I MUST. Have some decent players or...I’m off.

Mr. Ravioli is now clearly sandbagging and telling the fans that Marcelo is very very close to signing but...even to us...it all looks very suss as the weeks slide by and no signature.

So far Brighton and Rangers have flatly refused to deal and other targets he has flagged are being sniffed around by clubs MUCH better than Leeds with deeper pockets. No one...but no one is going to do them any favours it seems.

Bielsa is not a fool. He knows damned well that his squad will get overrun and outplayed by almost every team in the PL apart from the shaky ones that were promoted with them or just survived.

We, on the other hand have strengthened in the areas where we struggled last season. We look like a decent established PL club. Well run, self sufficient and solidly built. Leeds are approximately as MASSIVE as Villa and they barely scraped home....if Leeds start badly and look wobbly the fans will go apeshit and Bielsa will be chased out with pitchforks. If I was him...I’d wait a few days, see if any players I’d identified as mission critical were grabbed. If not...I’d be off. Hell hath no fury like a Leeds fan scorned.

There just isn’t any other scenario that makes any sort of sense.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
All this hilarity aside it’s starting to become obvious now what is going on in Leeds at the moment.

At the end of last season Bielsa would have been crunching the stats as it became clear that Leeds were going to get into the PL. he would, no doubt, have realised that there was going to have to be significant improvements if his side were not going to get swept aside week in and week out so he would have gone to Mr. Ravioli with a recruitment MUST HAVE list. After all, he might be a gifted coach and brilliant planner, but even he couldn’t hope to turn his players into something they aren’t.

Ben White was no.1 target. Player of the season scoring 8/10 every week and improving as he watched...well that ain’t gonna happen now...he knows that he’s got Cooper and Alioski to keep Mane, Salah, Kane, Aguerro, and Sterling etc etc out. He’d realise that is going to be an unequal struggle. He could end up looking like a shitty coach if his team are getting caned every week. He’d have been saying...I MUST. Have some decent players or...I’m off.

Mr. Ravioli is now clearly sandbagging and telling the fans that Marcelo is very very close to signing but...even to us...it all looks very suss as the weeks slide by and no signature.

So far Brighton and Rangers have flatly refused to deal and other targets he has flagged are being sniffed around by clubs MUCH better than Leeds with deeper pockets. No one...but no one is going to do them any favours it seems.

Bielsa is not a fool. He knows damned well that his squad will get overrun and outplayed by almost every team in the PL apart from the shaky ones that were promoted with them or just survived.

We, on the other hand have strengthened in the areas where we struggled last season. We look like a decent established PL club. Well run, self sufficient and solidly built. Leeds are approximately as MASSIVE as Villa and they barely scraped home....if Leeds start badly and look wobbly the fans will go apeshit and Bielsa will be chased out with pitchforks. If I was him...I’d wait a few days, see if any players I’d identified as mission critical were grabbed. If not...I’d be off. Hell hath no fury like a Leeds fan scorned.

Radrizzani has also been publicly speaking about possible replacements for Bielsa. That's the most telling sign that anything could happen.

Plus their timeline on his signature. Saying it will happen some time between now and the beginning of the season. That's an interesting way to manage expectations. The beginning of the season being the only deadline they can put out there?

The desperation in the chase for Ben White has not gone unnoticed. Will definitely be charged a premium by clubs for anyone now. Time is ticking.

Only solution I see is a big investment from the 49ers (family?). Leeds big fanbase does make the club look like an attractive investment. They'd then pay over the odds for players.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Radrizzani has also been publicly speaking about possible replacements for Bielsa. That's the most telling sign that anything could happen.

Plus their timeline on his signature. Saying it will happen some time between now and the beginning of the season. That's an interesting way to manage expectations. The beginning of the season being the only deadline they can put out there?

The desperation in the chase for Ben White has not gone unnoticed. Will definitely be charged a premium by clubs for anyone now. Time is ticking.

Only solution I see is a big investment from the 49ers (family?). Leeds big fanbase does make the club look like an attractive investment. They'd then pay over the odds for players.

Yes, I've seen those comments re Bielsa's eventual replacement. Interesting.
They are going to start looking desperate soon, if not right now. The short period between last season and the new one hasn't helped them, or any of the newly promoted clubs.
Where they really haven't helped themselves is the way that they have clearly shown their desperation to get the White deal done. They may have looked elsewhere as well but now any decent CB will feel that they are second choice, and their clubs will be holding out for good money as they know Leeds have spent none of their budget yet.
Having said that, the transfer market overall has been very quiet.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Well the official party line is “oh... Bielsa’s contract? He hasn’t had time to sign it yet. But you don’t get it man, that’s the kinda guy he is”..

But, like you, I don’t buy it.

If Leeds get off to a bad start, which is not impossible for sure (as we all know how difficult it is), the pressure on Bielsa is going to be huge. I could definitely see him walking.

And if he doesn’t walk?

#bielsaout

Calling it now.

“Lol you don’t understand.. he’s a genius we all love him”

Sure you do, easy when you’re winning every week. I’ve seen Arsenal fans turn on Wenger ffs, and no offence but this Leeds fan base are another level ESPECIALLY on social media. They legit some fans expecting to “easily” avoid relegation or hit mid table even top 6 and Champions League next season.

Hence the name of this thread.

It’s going to be fun to see what happens.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006

Yep. Radrizzani has to spin the plates of Bielsa, the fans and the investors. I cannot imagine how pressured he must feel and how the Yorkshire press will spin this if he lets one of those plates fly off and smash. Only a complete dunderhead would believe the line that he’s peddling about diary congestion and 100% focus on pre-season being the reason for this ridiculous situation.

I’m obviously not sure but imagine that White would have been desperately tapped up as last season wore on and it may well be that among all the drivel spouted by the Leeds fan base there might have been some truth about positive comments made by Ben r.e a potential transfer...they loved him and he would have known how much they wanted his services. At the end of the day they went in with a certain amount of confidence that The Albion would do a deal. I don’t think they lowballed, I think they just lacked experience dealing with PL chairmen, owners and managers...they thought they ...but clearly didn’t.

So here we are. Bielsa will have planned meticulously how to survive in the English top flight, there would have been a clear minimum requirement in terms of squad enhancements which Bielsa would have been flagging for the past few months.

We’re now days away from the drop dead moment and there is nothing whatsoever happening there that will have convinced Bielsa that he has the odds stacked in a way that suits him. A man like him values his reputation and his chances. The spying, the PowerPoint slides and the thick profile files he lugs about show what sort of mind he has. It’s about that as much as it’s about Leeds United.

If I’m right. Well. It’s going to get very unpleasant up there very soon.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006

Yep. Radrizzani has to spin the plates of Bielsa, the fans and the investors. I cannot imagine how pressured he must feel and how the Yorkshire press will spin this if he lets one of those plates fly off and smash. Only a complete dunderhead would believe the line that he’s peddling about diary congestion and 100% focus on pre-season being the reason for this ridiculous situation.

I’m obviously not sure but imagine that White would have been desperately tapped up as last season wore on and it may well be that among all the drivel spouted by the Leeds fan base there might have been some truth about positive comments made by Ben r.e a potential transfer...they loved him and he would have known how much they wanted his services. At the end of the day they went in with a certain amount of confidence that The Albion would do a deal. I don’t think they lowballed, I think they just lacked experience dealing with PL chairmen, owners and managers...they thought they ...but clearly didn’t.

So here we are. Bielsa will have planned meticulously how to survive in the English top flight, there would have been a clear minimum requirement in terms of squad enhancements which Bielsa would have been flagging for the past few months.

We’re now days away from the drop dead moment and there is nothing whatsoever happening there that will have convinced Bielsa that he has the odds stacked in a way that suits him. A man like him values his reputation and his chances. The spying, the PowerPoint slides and the thick profile files he lugs about show what sort of mind he has. It’s about that as much as it’s about Leeds United.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Leeds are approximately as MASSIVE as Villa and they barely scraped home

Plus, let's be honest, Villa had a stand-out player with previous PL experience in Jack Grealish, who kept them up almost on his own. Leeds do not have that player.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports