[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Now, here is where you lose me, may be where we have a communication problem and why we don't understand each other.

Trading players is all part of the process. Hope any of our loaned players do fantastically well and hope there are big money offers for all of them. It would be a recognition of our good scouting and upbringing. That is then a challenge for my club. The players who see a future with LUFC will stay and those who don't, or who don't quite fit our profile, get sold. Great! Our youth policy is bearing fruit.

you seem to be under the misunderstanding the reason to loan players is to move on unwanted ones. it may be a revelation to you that players are loaned to get first team competitve game time, build confidence and skill, toughen up, then come back a better player to parent club's first team. we'd want to keep White to play him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
5 - Doesn't cop being low balled and requests a transfer.

That changes nothing. Three years ago when we got promoted Burnley were trying to buy Dale Stephens. He put in a transfer request, which we refused.
Dale Stephens is still a Brighton player and vice captain.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere on the thread, but these supposed three new contract offers White has turned down- it seems highly unlikely to me that the player is saying "I want to go to Leeds" so we say "We'll pay you this much more" and he says "No, I told you, I want to go to Leeds" and our response is "How about this much?". "No, I told you, I want to go to Leeds", "Ah OK we getcha, how about this much?". It just doesn't add up.

If White has made it clear he wants to leave, then why would we keep offering him more money? We'd either say "OK fine, when our valuation is matched, you can go" or "Sorry, but you're not leaving". I can't see why our response would be to just keep offering more money. He must have shown some kind of willingness to at least be open to staying with us, otherwise we wouldn't keep offering him a new contract.

It's astonishing how many Leeds fans think that turning down a contract means he is desperate to join Leeds.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
So in case the connection is not clear, re: Ben White. He wants to be at Leeds and we don't understand why you'd want to keep him. Take the money and laugh.

And basis for this fantasy narrative? Any facts, or just in your head?

Serious question.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Trading players is all part of the process. Hope any of our loaned players do fantastically well and hope there are big money offers for all of them.

What is it with you guys not understanding the loan system? Astonishing.

Do you realise Harry Kane was loaned out?
Ditto Beckham. And many more. Of recent years Tammy, Mason Mount, Rhian.

Do you know why they were loaned out? Not to expect offers! No no, not at all. On the contrary. These players were loaned out to further their development, get some genuine match time in a competitive league.

This is why we chose you to be the lucky ones to loan Ben from us.

You seem relatively smart, so really is quite astonishing how you can’t grasp this.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So in case the connection is not clear, re: Ben White. He wants to be at Leeds and we don't understand why you'd want to keep him. Take the money and laugh.

You don't understand because you don't listen.

One more time : White is in Potter's plans for next season.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
What is it with you guys not understanding the loan system? Astonishing.

Do you realise Harry Kane was loaned out?
Ditto Beckham. And many more. Of recent years Tammy, Mason Mount, Rhian.

Do you know why they were loaned out? Not to expect offers! No no, not at all. On the contrary. These players were loaned out to further their development, get some genuine match time in a competitive league.

This is why we chose you to be the lucky ones to loan Ben from us.

You seem relatively smart, so really is quite astonishing how you can’t grasp this.

I think it's more a case of sticking fingers in ears and choosing to ignore the facts re the purpose of the loan system etc, because they're so desperate for him and the reality doesn't suit their narrative

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The way I see it is as 1 of 4 outcomes :

- A big move to Chelsea etc.

- A new contract at the Albion.

- White plays on at his current wages. Agent sacked.

- A choice for a striking Ben White of U23s or another Championship loan. Agent sacked at Christmas.

5 - Doesn't cop being low balled and requests a transfer.

Which leads to 1, 3 or 4 above.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Loving these to separate clickbait headlines:-

Phil Hay delivers major Ben White update from Brighton side after Leeds table final £25m bid

Third bid made: Leeds try again to sign £50m-rated Man United transfer target

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Loving these to separate clickbait headlines:-

Phil Hay delivers major Ben White update from Brighton side after Leeds table final £25m bid

Third bid made: Leeds try again to sign £50m-rated Man United transfer target
The second is hilarious. £50 million rated but they've bid £25. Ludicrous reasoning there.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I can't get away from the suspicion that Leeds are deliberately low balling the fee with an eye on an £80 million payout in 1-2 years time.

Tony has to crush this plan with a massive sell-on percentage to mitigate against this, if he does indeed crumble to the bullying from Leeds in the end ( which I doubt ).

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Most Successful Football Managers in history – Updated Table 2020
Rank Manager Nationality Career Span Clubs
1 Sir Alex Ferguson Scottish June 1974 to May 2013 East Stirlingshire, St Mirren, Aberdeen FC, Scotland, Manchester United
2 Carlo Ancelotti Italian July 1995 to September 2017 Reggiana, Parma, Juventus, Milan, Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich
3 Jose Mourinho Portuguese September 2000 to Present Benfica, União de Leiria, Porto, Chelsea, Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester United
4 Arsene Wenger French July 1984 to Present Nancy, Monaco, Nagoya Grampus Eight, Arsenal
5 Pep Guardiola Spanish June 2007 to Present Barcelona B, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Manchester City
6 Giovanni Trapattoni Italian April 1974 to September 2013 A.C. Milan, Juventus, Inter Milan, Bayern Munich, Cagliari, Fiorentina, Italy, Benfica, VfB Stuttgart, Red Bull Salzburg, Republic of Ireland, Vatican City
7 Antonio Conte Italian July 2006 to Present Arezzo, Bari, Atalanta, Siena, Juventus, Italy, Chelsea
8 Manuel Pellegrini Chilean July 2004 to Present Universidad de Chile, Palestino, O’Higgins, Universidad Católica, LDU Quito, San Lorenzo, River Plate, Villarreal, Real Madrid, Málaga, Manchester City, Hebei China Fortune
9 Jürgen Klopp German February 2001 to Present Mainz 05, Borussia Dortmund, Liverpool
10 Roberto Mancini Italian February 2001 to Present Fiorentina, Lazio, Inter Milan, Manchester City, Galatasaray, Zenit Saint Petersburg

Several greatest football managers deserve the honorable mentions on this list. Such as, Luis Enrique who won the treble with Barcelona in his debut season followed by a double in the next season. Vicente del Bosque also deserves his place in the list for his amazing stints with Real Madrid between 1994 and 2003. Bayern Munich’s current manager Jupp Heynckes already proved himself as one of the best soccer managers of 2018 with 4 Bundesliga title and 2 UEFA Champions League title under his name. And, who can forget Claudio Ranieri who guided Leicester City to win the Premier League title in the 2015-16 season?

Or how about this list of the 20 greatest managers the world has ever seen? https://www.givemesport.com/1561182-fans-have-ranked-the-20-greatest-managers-in-world-football-right-now

Or this list of the current 100 highest ranked coaches in the world - https://www.clubworldranking.com/ranking-coaches?wd=14&yr=2020&index=75

We don't claim that Potter is the best coach in the world. And unsurprisingly, he is not on this list. Some do make this claim, but I can't see any evidence of him in these lists.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
He wants to be at Leeds
He wants to be at Leeds
He wants to be at Leeds
He wants to be at Leeds
He wants to be at Leeds
He wants to be at Leeds
He wants to be at Leeds

Thats all you hear. Leeds fans back up your statement with proof. Not I know someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, whose dog is walked by someone who lives 20 miles from Ben Whites girlfriends father.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Just been having fun on Twitter with a few of them.

I've come to the conclusion that the majority of Leeds fans are actually worse than our Palace gimps.

Didn't think that was possible, but they are just so stupid. As in, really, really thick to the point where they don't even understand when they're having the piss ripped out of them. Chris Grayling levels of "being thick as mince" and there are loads of them.

They beat MASSIVE [emoji23] for arrogance, they beat Palace for delusion and they beat EVERYONE for blatant stupidity.

It's quite stunning.

Back in April we had Liverpool fans claiming we were deliberately infecting our players with Covid to prevent them winning the league, and I didn't think anyone could top that for stupidity.
Then in June Arsenal fans started demanding Neal Maupay be arrested for GBH for his challenge on Leno and claimed it was fine to see him throttled, and I thought it had peaked.
Then this Ben White came up and Leeds blew them all out of the water...

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Be interesting to see what happens when one of their loanees (from their amazing academy) has a decent season elsewhere....

Won’t happen, that’s why they needed our structure to progress.

Leeds poster earlier was boasting about their academy churning out recent stars such as Harry Kewell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports