Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Leeds keep offering pocket money whilst their fans say he is a future England star :shrug:

Seems their Italian owner is a cheapskate

Its amazing how ridiculous it all is.

BW played extremely well for them last season, stunning season for them in fact, which hugely helped them achieve promotion as champions.

Yet, now a PL rival, they are gobsmacked that we haven't rolled over and sold him to them for relative peanuts (even if we didn't rate him before, which of course we did and always have done, hence the stages of development he's gone through)

Incredible, incredible levels of stupidity from so, so many Leeds fans

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Its amazing how ridiculous it all is.

BW played extremely well for them last season, stunning season for them in fact, which hugely helped them achieve promotion as champions.

Yet, now a PL rival, they are gobsmacked that we haven't rolled over and sold him to them for relative peanuts (even if we didn't rate him before, which of course we did and always have done, hence the stages of development he's gone through)

Incredible, incredible levels of stupidity from so, so many Leeds fans

Yep, stupidity seems to sum it up but there is something niggling away that this is just one big wind up from them and they can’t, just can’t, be this dumb

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep, stupidity seems to sum it up but there is something niggling away that this is just one big wind up from them and they can’t, just can’t, be this dumb

Be interesting to see what happens when one of their loanees (from their amazing academy) has a decent season elsewhere....

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Is it possible for a player to turn down a contract offer if they are already under a contract they previously signed up to?

Of course it is, but turning down a contract offer won't alter/affect/adjust that existing contract he's on - it just means that he will continue to earn "only" £5k per week (or whatever that existing contract stipulates) instead of £25k per week (or whatever the new contract offer stipulates).

He knows Albion aren't going to sell him to Leeds; and there is no certainty a bid will come in from a big 6 club this summer. At some point he has to decide whether he really wishes to continue to trouser only a fraction of what his club has offered him!

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
White seems pretty level headed tbh.

Unlike the Leeds fans!

Do Leeds have a loan system?
If so, how does it work?
Must be different from our system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The current Leeds fans posting on here are clearly out of their depth but have become boring , they’re not offering the comedy of the deluded embedded tweets

How do we attract the real deluded clowns for full comedy effect?

Some sort of cross forum invite ? ???

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The current Leeds fans posting on here are clearly out of their depth but have become boring , they’re not offering the comedy of the deluded embedded tweets

The WACCOE Whackos ? They’ll never set foot here....they sit in their own virtual pub, completely oblivious to anything other than how mighty Leeds are, and immediately get the landlord to chuck out anyone who doesn’t have a Leeds tattoo visibly displayed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Good question!

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Posted this in the Ben White forum but it belongs here.

The deluded fans are in an echo chamber and repeat the same script over and over again.
It's like five talking points or more or something:

1. Brighton fans carted him off to Leeds! (Noel Whelan quote, who has been denounced on here by some Leeds fans anyway).
Noel Whelan knows exactly how important the loan system is for developing young players, he just wants to remain relevant.
Our own Jason Molumby knows what loans are for. All our young lads want to get game time until they are good enough.
Leeds fans have no idea how a loan system works. They'll be loaning players out this season. Wonder if they expect them to come back?
Ben White's progress was actually perfect. Newport (L2) -> Peterborough (L1) -> Leeds (C).
DEBUNKED!

2. Brighton fans didn't know who he was until he did well at Leeds!
We are kept up to date by the club on our youngsters.
They didn't think he was worthy of licking Pontus Jansson's feet.
Until the first game against Bristol City and then they started to realise his talent.
I was excited at the time and read some of their tweets.
DE-bloomin-BUNKED!

3. Bielsa made him!
No, 22yrs of grinding made him.
2 years at Southampton and 6 years at Brighton made him.
Did he get game time? Yes
Did he improve? I've no doubt.
Did he help Leeds win promotion and title? Absolutely. He played every minute or every game.
Was it a mutually beneficial arrangement? Yes.
Great loan, per the loan system.
Also this: https://imgur.com/a/8DQe7Q5
Debunked ZZZzzzzzzz

4. He'd rather play for Bielsa than Harry Potter!
He'd be fine with either I think.
Only issue is Bielsa's future. No way he'll be there beyond a year based on his history. Hasn't even signed a contract.
Klopp and Pep and many other managers have lauded Potter.
And of course Potter took Östersund from the 4th Tier of Swedish football to the Top Tier and into Europe where they defeated Galatasary and beat Arsenal at the Emirates 2:1.
Leeds fans have literally no idea how well run our club is and why we chose Potter.
Wow this is getting boring. Debunked.

5. He wants to join Leeds.
Irrelevant and there are no indicators of this.
There is no doubt in my mind he had an absolutely unforgettable experience.
He thoroughly enjoyed and got his first taste of celebrity.
Was part of a successful team,
Made friends etc.
I would never deny these things because I'm not deluded.
These moments happen to successful people in life, and they move on, or back to their parent club in this case.
Remaining popular with Leeds fans is important. There's a lot of them. They raise your social media following and popularity and therefore your marketability and what you can do for the club.
Here's what Liverpool's young Brewster said after returning to Anfield from Wales earlier this month: “I have loved every moment of it, I love the club, I love the fans, I love the staff, I love everybody here. I don’t know what is going to happen next year but if I don’t come back Swansea will always be in my heart. I’ll be Swansea forever and I will always keep tabs on them no matter what."
irrelevant and deeeeeeeebloodybunked

6. He should force a move, put in a transfer request, refuse to play.
And ruin his career just as it's getting started?
He has no leverage. He's not on Neymar's wages or contract.
He's contracted for 2 more years and an option for Brighton to take a 3rd (Potter said he's on a long contract).
If he sat out in the U23s his wages wouldn't have an impact on the club.
Why would we strengthen Leeds both literally and psychologically? They so desperately need him. I'd rather keep Leeds below us. Being in the Premier League is worth more than any offer they are likely to make.
d d d d d d debunked

7. They are playing hardball, they have put an outrageous price on his head of $30m, $40m, $55m.
Nope haven't placed a price on his head.
Don't want to sell him.
diddlybunked as Flanders would say

I can't think of the other talking points. Let me know. I'd been meaning to make this list for a while. It's cathartic.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Serious question for any Leeds fans on this forum.

Where are the smart fans?

I know they must exist. I'd love to converse with them.

Bonus question: How does your loan system operate?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Just been having fun on Twitter with a few of them.

I've come to the conclusion that the majority of Leeds fans are actually worse than our Palace gimps.

Didn't think that was possible, but they are just so stupid. As in, really, really thick to the point where they don't even understand when they're having the piss ripped out of them. Chris Grayling levels of "being thick as mince" and there are loads of them.

They beat MASSIVE [emoji23] for arrogance, they beat Palace for delusion and they beat EVERYONE for blatant stupidity.

It's quite stunning.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Just been having fun on Twitter with a few of them.

I've come to the conclusion that the majority of Leeds fans are actually worse than our Palace gimps.

Didn't think that was possible, but they are just so stupid. As in, really, really thick to the point where they don't even understand when they're having the piss ripped out of them. Chris Grayling levels of "being thick as mince" and there are loads of them.

They beat MASSIVE [emoji23] for arrogance, they beat Palace for delusion and they beat EVERYONE for blatant stupidity.

It's quite stunning.

[emoji1787][emoji1787]

HeadLiner

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
And I think you'll scrape through too, but honestly dont think you'll get anywhere near top 10 like some of your fans and everything is also conditional on Bielsa staying, who you buy, and if they're a Success of another JK Augustin.

95% of clubs arent as good as Liverpool at avoiding bad buys, we've had a few 15-20 million shockers and no doubt you will too at some point as Augustin proves.

Whatever inflated opinions Leeds fans have of themselves wont matter a jot. If you finish 17th in first season like Villa this year, that should be deemed a success anything above a bonus. How many losses on the bounce until the fans turn on MB?
Really hard to know how we will do actually.

Pretty sure most Leeds fans are equally nervous and excited about it all, so not sure who you've been talking to. Bielsa has transformed a group of Championship plodders into top quality players and has added to that with some astute buys. Pretty clear, any promoted team need reinforcements but . . . of the right kind and the results are there to see for all who fail that challenge the last few seasons. Brighton survived, Sheff Utd survived and even Villa, who were an awful Championship team, survived.

What i do know is we will shock a few teams and equally be found out by a few but lets not kid ourselves that there isn't a load of dross swilling around the bottom of the PL. A pretty established team like Stoke built upon their squad after relegation yet struggled. Good management off the field is a pretty good pointer to survival: Norwich badly managed their recruitment and Watford their team management. Bournemouth were a funny one really and should not have been heading down but arguably they've also purchased badly and Howe looked a bit rabbit in the headlights when the shit hit the fan..

We'll also be good value as we don't park the bus ever, so no doubt will be getting plenty of airplay. I've seen some good teams at Leeds over the last 40 years but this is the best football I've seen the team play. Teh team outplayed a poor Arsenal team at the Emirates but lost. I'm sure that will happen and we'll need to make more of our ball possession. Bielsa trusts youngsters and we've got some really outstanding kids who could step up. They are used to playing under pressure at the club, so doubt they'll be fazed by it all. Two made their debut in that Emirates game. I'd very much doubt the team will be relegated; in fact i'd bet all my personal assets on it.

FYI, Augustin is one of those with an exceptional background - was quite a coup actually - who simply couldn't meet the physical requirements needed in training, no matter how hard he tried. And he did. Sad for all concerned but that will sort itself out. He will no doubt go on to have great success in a different environment (i know Ralph Hasenhüttl really rates him so it wouldn't surprise me to see him pop up there).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here