Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I must say that as threads go this is giving in spades. An absolute delight.

And it's not even a month old yet! Can only see this getting better as Deadline Day looms. Especially if Leeds make a terrible start.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
In fact it has prompted me to read the whole play again, I think, when I get a moment away from the deep joy this thread brings.

Or just go and get a ****ing job. Or pack your bag for school, whichever is applicable.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
"Wherein I'll catch the conscience of the King."

That is the meaning of that quotation, Hamlet was using the play within the play to dramatise old Hamlet's murder with poison in the ear whilst sleeping, to demonstrate Claudius' guilt, not make some modish argument that gender is a social construct.

The casting of R and G as women was meant to be edgy and daring but it came across as merely sad and desperate. And it doesn't honour the integrity of the text.

I did wonder, when reapplying that quotation, whether to reference that I was taking it out of its original context and using it in another way, but decided against it, surmising that it would take some level of self regard for an informed reader to miss or ignore this and presume that someone discussing the play with them would need the origin of the quotation explained. I obviously under-estimated you.

I'm done now. There are several complaints of thread derail and your posts do not make for interesting reading. They seem more concerned with you, your life and your education, than they are with the subject at hand. Not Andy Naylor told you a couple of weeks ago that there is such a thing as wearing your learning lightly. Give it a try and you may sound less like an attention hungry sixth former.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
Can everyone please stop feeding the shakesperean troll? I just want to laugh at Leeds fans not scroll through a blather of angry nerd farts.

The best thing I have done is block the troll, now I do not have to waste my time reading his bollox.

If everyone did that he would be shouting in to an empty room, and being Leeds, loving the response.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I think you’ll find that he is the Leeds Equivalent of HB&B and has been ostracised by his Leeds brethren. Whilst they are deluded and clueless as this thread has shown I think we can all agree that KillerWhale is a spanner of the highest order, in fact Timmy must be quaking in his boots because he has serious competition.
Only a complete prick would try and throw the Bard into the mix on a football message board. Wanker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tricky to argue with any of this

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think you’ll find that he is the Leeds Equivalent of HB&B and has been ostracised by his Leeds brethren. Whilst they are deluded and clueless as this thread has shown I think we can all agree that KillerWhale is a spanner of the highest order, in fact Timmy must be quaking in his boots because he has serious competition.
Only a complete prick would try and throw the Bard into the mix on a football message board. Wanker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not having that. His spelling, grammar, and general level of education is far in excess of HB&B's.

His breath-taking pomposity, arrogance, and penchant for veering off on self-aggrandising tangents, make him the Leeds' Jolly Red Giant, if anything.

But yes, agree with all that his derailing is too dull to bear now, and I'll ban him from this specific thread, forthwith.

(Not from the forum altogether, though - to ban people who have broken no rules, just for being dull or pompous, would set a very dangerous precedent...)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's a tough ask, the first season, the odds and the gods are against you

Fingers crossed-especially with Massive Leeds Delusionals believing they will be playing Champions League football in 2 years.

The season is still a few weeks away and already I've had enough of their entitled moaning and wailing. They aren't our rivals, they're not historical enemies of ours, they've been insignificant for years so why do I want them fail in spectacular fashion?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Fingers crossed-especially with Massive Leeds Delusionals believing they will be playing Champions League football in 2 years.

The season is still a few weeks away and already I've had enough of their entitled moaning and wailing. They aren't our rivals, they're not historical enemies of ours, they've been insignificant for years so why do I want them fail in spectacular fashion?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

i think you know the answer to that :D

the bit i don't get is, why don't they get bored of it?

I'm not having that. His spelling, grammar, and general level of education is far in excess of HB&B's.

His breath-taking pomposity, arrogance, and penchant for veering off on self-aggrandising tangents, make him the Leeds' Jolly Red Giant, if anything.

But yes, agree with all that his derailing is too dull to bear now, and I'll ban him from this specific thread, forthwith.

(Not from the forum altogether, though - to ban people who have broken no rules, just for being dull or pompous, would set a very dangerous precedent...)

What about limiting the ban to those who have broken no rules, for being dull and pompous but are Leeds fans - seems a reasonable compromise.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh FFS give it a rest. I studied Hamlet at O level & can't remember a thing about it. Start a Shakespeare thread on WACCOE if you want to chat about it, I'm sure the Leeds intelligentsia will pander to your blathering.

I studied it at A Level, but I certainly didn't spend two years on it, or there would have been no time for any of the other texts we had to read (off the top of my head: Great Expectations, Persuasion, Julius Caesar and a bit of Chaucer/ Coleridge). We can only wonder why it took KW two years.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Noel whelan in Yorkshire paper today. Leeds need to move on from Ben White as £50 million is to much, £30 million about right for him. A couple of days ago he was saying £20 million was to much. Must be pissed up again. Deluded prick.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Orca needs to GET IN THE SEA!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can everyone please stop feeding the shakespearean troll? I just want to laugh at Leeds fans not scroll through a blather of angry nerd farts.

Yes, but we also gain much mirth and merriment from their ravings. Let's face it, these deluded muppets are what have kept this thread bobbing along.

They do follow a pattern though. Some come on talking something resembling sense, as if they're keen to debate, but then when their 'arguments' are debunked, revert to fvckwittery and delusion, much to our amusement; some skip stage one and go straight to the hilarious stuff - and then the final stage is where they become a fvcking bore and frankly a bit of a painus in the arsus. Perhaps Bozza could limit them to, say, twelve - fifteen posts and then offski (unlike the stazi-driven Waccoe they could of course still browse, just not descend into fvckwittery).

Maybe they could also be denied access to the Ben White thread - we can discuss Ben White seriously there if we wish, plus amuse ourselves with links to hilarious posts on Twatter and Wancoe - the 12 or 15 posts deluded Leeds fans' are allowed could be confined to the Deluded Leeds Fans, their new spiritual home, and we could enjoy them there too - when one gets boring, they're gone, and a fresh one comes along to delight us all over again. Bless 'em.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ah bless.

Screenshot 2020-08-19 at 17.12.58.png

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here