Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The latest I see online is sympathy for Ben White as he won't be able to develop under Bielsa. What a load of rubbish. If we do turn down offers of £30 million and keep him, it is because Potter will play him and he will definitely develop.

Alzate had only had a half season loan spell at Swindon a year ago. Potter turned him into one of our key players before injury. He showed faith with Aaron Connolly, despite him not scoring in a number of games, and kept playing him. He made Yves Bissouma our key midfielder towards the end of the season, having worked with him throughout the season. And he played Tariq Lamptey regularly at the end of the season. This is a manager who was brought in because of his ability to get the best out of players and Ben White will definitely develop working with him

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
We can argue about the rankings, this is not an exact science, but your research serves to prove my earlier point, as I am sure you would agree..

To say (as the poster I was quoting did) that Man Yoo "don't give a shyt" about Leeds is simply not true.

I can remember going to Old Trafford for a Leeds game a few years ago (not the wonderful win in the FA Cup when we were in the Third Division but a Premier League match) and talking to a steward after the game. I wasn't wearing colours and had somehow got separated from the away support by going the wrong way through some gate or other. No idea how I managed that. It had been feisty, as usual, but not especially nasty, we drew 1 -1 I remember, they equalised late on. Anyway I said to the steward, feigning innocence, "Is the atmosphere always like that?" I come from Yorkshire, but don't have an accent so he thought I was a home supporter who didn't often come, I imagine they get a lot of those. "It is only like that against Leeds and Liverpool, no-one else" he replied. "I suppose because those are the two biggest cities to either side of us... "

Now that was a few years ago, of course. But football has its traditions and its folk memories. If there are crowds games between the two clubs will have a great atmosphere this season. Be special for both sets of supporters because of the rivalry. Neither club has suddenly grown to love the other.

I'm not having a dig at you here, but I am genuinely interested why you aren't having these chats on the Leeds forums?
Does our forum/community provide better discussions, or are you just trying to wind up Brighton fans? Possibly a bit of both?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We can argue about the rankings, this is not an exact science, but your research serves to prove my earlier point, as I am sure you would agree..

To say (as the poster I was quoting did) that Man Yoo "don't give a shyt" about Leeds is simply not true.

I can remember going to Old Trafford for a Leeds game a few years ago (not the wonderful win in the FA Cup when we were in the Third Division but a Premier League match) and talking to a steward after the game. I wasn't wearing colours and had somehow got separated from the away support by going the wrong way through some gate or other. No idea how I managed that. It had been feisty, as usual, but not especially nasty, we drew 1 -1 I remember, they equalised late on. Anyway I said to the steward, feigning innocence, "Is the atmosphere always like that?" I come from Yorkshire, but don't have an accent so he thought I was a home supporter who didn't often come, I imagine they get a lot of those. "It is only like that against Leeds and Liverpool, no-one else" he replied. "I suppose because those are the two biggest cities to either side of us... "

Now that was a few years ago, of course. But football has its traditions and its folk memories. If there are crowds games between the two clubs will have a great atmosphere this season. Be special for both sets of supporters because of the rivalry. Neither club has suddenly grown to love the other.

You’re nothing more than an annoying fly, still feeding off the shit you landed on 50 years ago......... nobody pays any interest whilst it’s buzzing by the window, but when it keeps buzzing around your head and trying to land in your food, you try to swat the annoying pest away, but it still keeps coming back, getting on your tits. If it just buzzed off, nobody would give it a second thought.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

With all due respect (not much), so what? :shrug:

Now do bugger off and shear some sheep, or kiddle with fiddies, or whatever it is that you do in Gods country.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Started to spot an interesting new development in the arrogant Leeds fans bubble. They shouldn't be paying any more than 20/25/30 for White because he's unproven at Premier League level. Which is fair enough until you realise that they're also very confident that they'll finish midtable (at least).

"Yeah, if White doesn't sign for us then there's every chance he'll not cope with the step up, but there's no doubt that Stuart Dallas, Luke Ayling & Mateusz Klich will be able to step up and keep us clear of the relegation zone." Staggering mental gymnastics.

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
I'm not having a dig at you here, but I am genuinely interested why you aren't having these chats on the Leeds forums?
Does our forum/community provide better discussions, or are you just trying to wind up Brighton fans? Possibly a bit of both?

A bit of both I guess. :lol:

As I said earlier in the thread I don't like any of the Leeds forums, they are full of tossers. I sometimes read them to get updates and gossip, (although that is rare these days too) but never post. I'm a lone wolf.

Just because you support a club doesn't mean you are going to like other people who also follow it. I feel the same when I go and watch England at World Cups which I have done a few times. It doesn't mean I am not as English as everyone else, I just don't fit in socially with a lot of diehard England fans. Singing "No Surrender to the IRA" etc etc...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yorksboy proving they really do believe the made up shit they keep telling themselves.

59AA4709-1749-449D-82C2-400385669B96.png

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

As I said earlier in the thread I don't like any of the Leeds forums, they are full of tossers. I sometimes read them to get updates and gossip, (although that is rare these days too) but never post. I'm a lone wolf.

Just because you support a club doesn't mean you are going to like other people who also follow it. I feel the same when I go and watch England at World Cups which I have done a few times. It doesn't mean I am not as English as everyone else, I just don't fit in socially with a lot of diehard England fans. Singing "No Surrender to the IRA" etc etc...

So you don't like the Leeds forums because they are full of tossers, so you thought "I know. NSC needs more tossers so I will go and be the prize tosser there".

Congratulations! You are now the biggest tosser on NSC. Happy now?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Started to spot an interesting new development in the arrogant Leeds fans bubble. They shouldn't be paying any more than 20/25/30 for White because he's unproven at Premier League level. Which is fair enough until you realise that they're also very confident that they'll finish midtable (at least).

"Yeah, if White doesn't sign for us then there's every chance he'll not cope with the step up, but there's no doubt that Stuart Dallas, Luke Ayling & Mateusz Klich will be able to step up and keep us clear of the relegation zone." Staggering mental gymnastics.

Yes this is another common trope.

“We should buy him now because he’ll be worth more in the future it’s a great investment for the club!”

Then without a single trace of irony:

“But but he’s only played a season in the Championship? Lols How can they hold him hostage for that? £20m should be enough to do the deal I reckon, £25m tops”.

Deluded bellends [emoji2357]

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

But that is exactly what this thread is about. The fact the Leeds forums (and twitter) is full of deluded tossers. So why come on here and disagree if you avoid the forums for that resson

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
189 pages and counting. This really is a hymn of hate, impressive in its doggedness.

I understand that you don't like Palace and they come first as your historic rivals, but is there another club apart from them that now preoccupies you guys to the same extent as Leeds?

I don't remember such an extreme animus when I have been to away games against you in the past. In fact it has been milder than most clubs we play, comparable to, I don't know, Reading? More a genteel disgust and distaste than hate.

Clearly not so now. I think that is a good thing. A bit of spice, a bit of hate makes a match more interesting. When spectators are allowed back in of course.

There are plenty of revivified hatreds I will enjoy encountering next season. For the younger fans (and indeed the players!) of clubs like Manchester United and Chelsea it these cauldrons of hate will be a totally new experience. Matches against Man U at Elland Road reach a pitch of vitriol and tastelessness probably only comparable to an Old Firm game in the UK. They really are quite something.

It will be on a smaller scale of course, but now we can add Brighton to the long long list of clubs we hate and are hated by...

I think you will find that we do not hate Leeds or their fan base.
We certainly believe you are deluded beyond belief, and for my own sake, shown themselves up to be as thick as mince with half the brains

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
"Yeah, if White doesn't sign for us then there's every chance he'll not cope with the step up"

That bit did make me headdesk. It's as if playing for Leeds will somehow be the difference in his personal development...He will be at home in Sussex, he will be surrounded by better players (they really have little in the way of stand-out quality...well, now they don't) and i'd rather have Potter to learn from than Bielsa, who appears to be a bigger flake than the entire Cadbury's factory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here