Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
thats a false argument or a smoke screen. Again nobody suggests Brighton is historically bigger club than Leeds, it isnt. But Leeds united today is not Leeds united of 1970. It doesnt have PL squad, Its ground is less modern than many clubs including ours, your new 21st century training facilities are a while away, Brighton has one of the best in the country today. You have just received Cat1 academy status we are a few years ahead of you. You have a great manager, who is also unpredictable and we have a young progressive manager with a different, but still impressive back story.

Its deluded to think (unless they were a child leeds fan) that x,y,z modern 21st century player would walk around our respective training facilities, look at our respective squads and the calibre of player in each today, look at how each club is run........ a billionaire, lifelong fan owner with a young progressive, supportive manager or an owner (not knocking him btw) who is another in a long list of foreign owners, with a maverick genius disciplinarian, whose walked out of many jobs and still think..... you know what, I want Leeds because of its fans or because or what they did in 1970, I'm prepared to play with lower quality players and train in worse facilities just because its the once mighty Leeds.

But your lot truly have that crazyiness deeply ingrained. Our brilliant academy scouting system identified ben White, we've nurtured him over the past few years and put him on a path to get to our first team with progressive steps. (Newport country manger said he's destined for the top and an England call up, before many Leeds fans had even heard of Bielsa). fwiw. The other Centre half we sent to the championship has won Derby player of the year.

There is a lot going right in our club, its modern, hard working, sensible and progressive..... its why your chairman identified us an example to follow. Your deluded fans just dont get it, for them Leeds are comparative to the top 6 and nobody in their right mind couldn't pick Leeds. And its the total arrogance, entitlement and contempt from your ignorant muppet fans, that makes Leeds look stupid. You've earned nothing yet, other than promotion from the championship. Legends in your own minds only.

I wish I’d said that:clap::clap:

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
thats a false argument or a smoke screen. Again nobody suggests Brighton is historically bigger club than Leeds, it isnt. But Leeds united today is not Leeds united of 1970. It doesnt have PL squad, Its ground is less modern than many clubs including ours, your new 21st century training facilities are a while away, Brighton has one of the best in the country today. You have just received Cat1 academy status we are a few years ahead of you. You have a great manager, who is also unpredictable and we have a young progressive manager with a different, but still impressive back story.

Its deluded to think (unless they were a child leeds fan) that x,y,z modern 21st century player would walk around our respective training facilities, look at our respective squads and the calibre of player in each today, look at how each club is run........ a billionaire, lifelong fan owner with a young progressive, supportive manager or an owner (not knocking him btw) who is another in a long list of foreign owners, with a maverick genius disciplinarian, whose walked out of many jobs and still think..... you know what, I want Leeds because of its fans or because or what they did in 1970, I'm prepared to play with lower quality players and train in worse facilities just because its the once mighty Leeds.

But your lot truly have that crazyiness deeply ingrained. Our brilliant academy scouting system identified ben White, we've nurtured him over the past few years and put him on a path to get to our first team with progressive steps. (Newport country manger said he's destined for the top and an England call up, before many Leeds fans had even heard of Bielsa). fwiw. The other Centre half we sent to the championship has won Derby player of the year.

There is a lot going right in our club, its modern, hard working, sensible and progressive..... its why your chairman identified us an example to follow. Your deluded fans just dont get it, for them Leeds are comparative to the top 6 and nobody in their right mind couldn't pick Leeds. And its the total arrogance, entitlement and contempt from your ignorant muppet fans, that makes Leeds look stupid. You've earned nothing yet, other than promotion from the championship. Legends in your own minds only.

It was neither a false argument nor a smoke screen and you haven't refuted it. My case was that it is not (necessarily) "deluded" for Leeds fans to believe that theirs is a "bigger" club than Brighton despite all that you (rightly) mention. Brighton indeed has a richer owner, more accrued financial reserves from some time in the Premier League, a more up to date stadium (although arguably far less characterful than the larger and less generic one in West Yorkshire), a better squad on paper, and a training academy that is longer established at Category One.

And that they might feel that Ben White might take that more storied history (and the potential it might offer) into account and despite the above, wish to stay at Leeds. Along with the (far more relevant fact it seems to me) that he would be playing Premier League football every week, and therefore playing at the highest level of his life, of incalculable benefit for his professional development as a young player.

That was my case, and I rest it. We will have to agree to differ.

But, you know what? I don't go along with the love that football fans have for their favoured players. It is cringe inducing actually. Currently at Leeds it is White, but there have been so many others. It is not reciprocated, there is no loyalty, none whatsoever. He probably doesn't care that much about either club long term. He wants to play for the biggest club he can, gain international honours, fame, and lot and lots of money. Both clubs are stepping stones to that.

That is fine, that is how it is, but let's not kid ourselves otherwise. Either of us.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It was neither a false argument nor a smoke screen and you haven't refuted it. My case was that it is not (necessarily) "deluded" for Leeds fans to believe that theirs is a "bigger" club than Brighton despite all that you (rightly) mention. Brighton indeed has a richer owner, more accrued financial reserves from some time in the Premier League, a more up to date stadium (although arguably far less characterful than the larger and less generic one in West Yorkshire), a better squad on paper, and a training academy that is longer established at Category One.

And that they might feel that Ben White might take that more storied history (and the potential it might offer) into account and despite the above, wish to stay at Leeds. Along with the (far more relevant fact it seems to me) that he would be playing Premier League football every week, and therefore playing at the highest level of his life, of incalculable benefit for his professional development as a young player.

But, you know what? I don't go along with the love that football fans have for their favoured players. It is cringe inducing actually. Currently at Leeds it is White, but there have been so many others. It is not reciprocated, there is no loyalty, none whatsoever. He probably doesn't care that much about either club long term. He wants to play for the biggest club he can, gain international honours, fame, and lot and lots of money. Both clubs are stepping stones to that.

That is fine, that is how it is, but let's not kid ourselves otherwise. Either of us.

Ben will have loyalty to whoever pays his wages, just like the rest of us. It is deluded for Leeds fans to expect loyalty from a player who isn’t even employed by their club.

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I met a Leeds fan in the middle of the Lake District yesterday. He was quite realistic about their hopes, and just 'wanted to stay up' - so not particularly deluded in that respect.

I then said 'shame you won't have Ben White', to which his reply was that he reckoned they might well keep him. So I told him 'we won't let you!' - which is when he realised I was from Brighton.

So, semi-deluded only...

How about the cringe inducing love of head coaches ? Does that make you feel the same ?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I met a Leeds fan in the middle of the Lake District yesterday. He was quite realistic about their hopes, and just 'wanted to stay up' - so not particularly deluded in that respect.

I then said 'shame you won't have Ben White', to which his reply was that he reckoned they might well keep him. So I told him 'we won't let you!' - which is when he realised I was from Brighton.

So, semi-deluded only...

I met a Leeds fan in the week. His take on it was ‘he’s got a taste for it now’. Whatever :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

So, semi-deluded only...

Good man keeping your powder dry!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Are these Leeds fans still at it, ffs. Fat Whale is a :jester:

There is zero chance Bloom will let a top rated player move to a relegation rival. Leeds are relegation fodder

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They've had their fun, surely reality is slowly dawning on them by now.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Either you’ve never been to our stadium or you do not understand the definition of the word generic, which is it?

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
Some Leeds supporters are great. My neighbour is a Leeds supporter, moved down from Leeds in his 20’s.
. It wasn’t until we had a VE street party that us Brighton supporting street dwellers, discovered his allegiance! I’m afraid we taunted him terribly, but he took it all in good grace. He’s a lovely guy and so excited that once again he’ll be able to watch Leeds again at the Amex. ( No, I’m not passing my ST to him for the game).

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Well it’s been over two weeks since they were mathematically promoted and about a month since it looked all but nailed on and still the manager has not decided if he wants to stay there.

How are all these players who are queuing up to be touched by the hand of god going to sign up to join the mighty Leeds when even the manager can’t be arsed to

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Most Leeds fans in person are OK. I work with some that are very level headed and decent.

It’s only these faceless online cockwombles that embarrass themselves / the club.

And indeed, manager not signed a deal, no new signings and only a couple of weeks until pre season starts

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Most Leeds fans in person are OK. I work with some that are very level headed and decent.

It’s only these faceless online cockwombles that embarrass themselves / the club.

And indeed, manager not signed a deal, no new signings and only a couple of weeks until pre season starts

Not the ones ive meet, theyre easily spotted as they have chip on their shoulder. "Gods country ,better than the south blah blah" but they have lived down here 20 30 years

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Now smug Eddie should go up there and manage their U23s as part of his managerial development. Wow just wow

1eb4af8b6842a707ed56c27b80e66e55.jpg

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Couldn't agree more, even lifelong fans playing for their boyhood clubs (Lineker at Leicester, Rooney Everton, probably Grealish Villa etc etc), will leave for sunnier climes.

Only the fans remain loyal, for everyone working within football it really is nothing more than a business with 92 English league employers and in the same way you or I may be dispassionately attracted to a job offer, or mybe be enticed by more money from another employer, the calculation I'm sure is similar for pro's. Its a job. Tribal Fans have nowt to do with it.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Now smug Eddie should go up there and manage their U23s as part of his managerial development. Wow just wow

Whats worse is this clueless buffoon, genuinely believes its a possibility. Howe who took a nothing tiny club with scant resource from L2 to the prem and stayed there for 5 years, was feted for Arsenal and the England job, would walk into any championship and a few PL teams as manager, is happy to take 10 steps back and manage the U23's under a manger with no experience in the PL and who spectacularly failed in his last top flight role (in a league that is inferior to the PL).

This is delusion, this is the ridiculous inflated opinion of many Leeds fans and their views of Bielsa.

Bielsa last top flight job with Lille (wiki):

"On 24 May 2017, Bielsa was unveiled as the new manager of Ligue 1 club Lille OSC on a 2 year contract.[39] Upon joining, Bielsa wanted to bring a more youthful side to Lille's squad[40] and before the season started he informed 11 experienced players including Vincent Enyeama, Marko Baša, Rio Mavuba and Eder that they could leave the club.[41] Then Lille OSC player Éric Bauthéac revealed that Bielsa informed the players he wanted to leave in a conversation before pre-season had even began.[42] With Bielsa signing younger 'promising' players such as Nicolas Pépé, Thiago Mendes, Thiago Maia, Kévin Malcuit, Fodé Ballo-Touré, Luiz Araújo and Edgar Ié.[43]

On 22 November 2017, Bielsa was suspended as coach after just 13 games in charge, with Lille OSC announcing he had been "suspended momentarily as coach" pending further announcement. After Bielsa's initial suspension, Lille appointed a four-man 'technical coaching unit' of Fernando Da Cruz, Joao Sacramento, Benoit Delaval and Franck Mantaux.[44] On 15 December 2017, Lille announced Bielsa's contract had now been terminated.[45] Christophe Galtier was named as Bielsa's replacement as Manager on 29 December 2017.[46] Sporting adviser Luis Campos revealed after Bielsa left, that he felt the decision to let some of the experienced players leave was the key to the departure.[47]"

GENIUS

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

What an absolute arrogant deluded wanker that Leeds fan is. WOW

A successful PL manager over the last few years is now supposed to go to Leeds as an apprentice at MIGHTY LEEDS who haven’t been in the PL for 16 years. **** me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here