Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
‘Chris’ in Leeds has decided that £20m is the price we should accept. Another one who doesn’t get the concept of a sellers market.

Hey mate, I’m going to put in a bid of 100k for your house. That should be enough, look forward to getting the keys next week, thanks.

https://twitter.com/chriswhit81/status/1289238707959025665

Be careful there.
Having been to Leeds, that offer of yours may well be over the odds.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The average level of stupidity on that forum is outstanding. They thought he was talking about White, then realised it was Bielsa and then argued about it......... and apparently he's a Brighton fan pretending to be Leeds............. :lol:

We all have our fair share of thickos (we have ppf etc) but wow.

[MENTION=41536]Killer White[/MENTION] is Brighton now. Why would he want to go back there ? Apparently he's bought a house in Ditchling....

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Leeds season ticket holder muses over the entirety of the Ben White situation and has figured it all out. He concludes he can only end up at one of two clubs next season.

Liverpool or Leeds of course! The club that have nurtured him, have him under contract and said he’s not for sale? Obviously not them! Don’t be silly that’d be preposterous.

https://twitter.com/davidkershaw7/status/1289301928539598848

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not impressed by this fixation on Leeds and/or their fans. They've been places our club can only dream of. Bit of a demeaning thread that says WAY more about us and our historical piss-poor place in the general footballing scheme of things than it ever says about Leeds

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not impressed by this fixation on Leeds and/or their fans. They've been places our club can only dream of. Bit of a demeaning thread that says WAY more about us and our historical piss-poor place in the general footballing scheme of things than it ever says about Leeds

No-one is forcing you to give them honour nor to read the thread. It is pretty entitled how some of them are. As seen on this thread, there are a few realistic Leeds fans but there are many more deluded posting tweets. Half the fun of supporting a team is to laugh at your rivals, take that away and we can't make fun of anyone you deem 'bigger' and with a more illustrious history.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Nah. It’s the boring closed season bit, and the astonishing levels of entitlement, delusions of grandeur and general levels of twattishness with some of that lot are worth chatting about IMO.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nah. It’s the boring closed season bit, and the astonishing levels of entitlement, delusions of grandeur and general levels of twattishness with some of that lot are worth chatting about IMO.

Fair enough. Tho as a daft young boy just forcibly moved down from Scotland - to the Medway Towns FFS - all I can say is that the Celtic-Leeds European Cup semi-final was at the time an unimaginable domestic Clash Of Titans. On, and the Revie Leeds team of the early seventies remains to this day the finest UK team I ever saw. Every one of their normal starting eleven was a seasoned international and a class act - even if Gary Sprake did have the occasional 'moment' :lol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So what? So have Villa and Forest, and going back still further, Huddersfield Town and Preston North End. This isn't saying anything about Leeds the club - it's having fun laughing at their more knob-head fans posting rubbish in Twitter and Waccoe. The thread demeaning us? - bollox!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So what? So have Villa and Forest, and going back still further, Huddersfield Town and Preston North End. This isn't saying anything about Leeds the club - it's having fun laughing at their more knob-head fans posting rubbish in Twitter and Waccoe. The thread demeaning us? - bollox!

So basically we're sneering at them now being reduced to our level? :shrug:

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Fair enough. Tho as a daft young boy just forcibly moved down from Scotland - to the Medway Towns FFS - all I can say is that the Celtic-Leeds European Cup semi-final was at the time an unimaginable domestic Clash Of Titans. On, and the Revie Leeds team of the early seventies remains to this day the finest UK team I ever saw. Every one of their normal starting eleven was a seasoned international and a class act - even if Gary Sprake did have the occasional 'moment' :lol:

The attendance for the Celtic-Leeds clash was I think 135,000 a record for a night game

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Something that happened 40 odd years ago, does not give Leeds fans the right to say they own. by right, a young player we sent out on loan, to get experience, simply because they have a history.
Their arrogance also 'gives them the right' to say we didn't know what talent we had, and had never seen him play (which I had). Their arrogance even contemplates that BW is in love with them and cannot bear to return to nasty old Brighton.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fair enough. Tho as a daft young boy just forcibly moved down from Scotland - to the Medway Towns FFS - all I can say is that the Celtic-Leeds European Cup semi-final was at the time an unimaginable domestic Clash Of Titans. On, and the Revie Leeds team of the early seventies remains to this day the finest UK team I ever saw.
Except that Celtic were better! Beat Leeds fair and square over two legs, and unlike Leeds actually won the European Cup (though not that season admittedly). That semi final was epic though.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Oh no it doesn’t!...... say more about us than it does them.

I well remember the success of Leeds all those years ago, and incidentally didn’t like them because they were dirty. As I’ve already said somewhere else I watched the 1965 cup final starting off wanting Leeds to win and ending up happy that Liverpool won, having survived a good kicking.

So this thread is all about Leeds living on past glories as far as I am concerned. If they win the Premier League or do well next season, then fair enough. But I don’t want them to.

Incidentally in 1975 I was in France for a year and came home over the May half term for my girlfriend’s (now wife’s) birthday, travelling overnight both ways. On the way over, the train/ferry was crowded with French rugby fanc coming over to Twickenham. I started the journey in fear of what might happen, but it was all riotous but good natured. On the way back it was Leeds Supporters travelling over for a European match (final?) in Marseille. That journey was frightening..

Edit - European Cup Final at the Parc des Princes vs Bayern Munich, who won 2-0.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

I dont disagree with any of that, nobody says that the Leeds team under Revie were anything other than exceptional ......50 YEARS AGO

But its because of this distant past, seemingly, that so many complete Leeds helmets think in 2020, they are still that club today.

They haven't got a clue about other clubs or any self awareness. They think they can take who they want, that they will be in europe after next season, that they alone turned Ben White from a crap nobody into world class, that nobody could contemplate Brighton or any other non top 6 club over Leeds. In every way they act billy big bollocks, are sneering and totally disrespectful and they behave with levels of delusion and entitlement that are as hilarious as they are misguided.

Leeds were the best team in England by a mile, half a century ago, today they're nothing more than another newly promoted championship club with a championship squad,though they behave like they're Man city, because they think they're this huge monolithic modern day great, the mighty Leeds United (when it actually means f*** all in 2020), they're no better than West Brom, except in the own minds.

The outworkings of that misplaced sense of.importance and total arrogance, is why our fans having both laughed at them and taken exception.

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
Surely to ridicule the fans of Leeds for believing the club is "bigger" than Brighton and Hove Albion is to commit a category error?

The status of a football club, normally called its "size" is a social construct. It doesn't have an objective reality, it is a product of what we all believe to be the case. And it is not the same as the status of the current team. Teams, owners, fans are all temporary, the club alone, as a construct endures.

There is a lot of debate about gender in the public realm, and how it is also a social construct. So we are told that sex may be biological, but gender is not. And a transgender person is a man or woman, despite their chromosones if they assert they are, and others treat them as such.

I put it to you that Leeds United are perceived by football fans to be a "bigger" club than Brighton, irrespective of whether the latter presently have more money or have a better team. Indeed some Brighton fans themselves have accepted this on this very thread.

So why would Leeds fan be "deluded" for also believing this?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Surely to ridicule the fans of Leeds for believing the club is "bigger" than Brighton and Hove Albion is to commit a category error?

The status of a football club, normally called its "size" is a social construct. It doesn't have an objective reality, it is a product of what we all believe to be the case. And it is not the same as the status of the current team. Teams, owners, fans are all temporary, the club alone, as a construct endures.

There is a lot of debate about gender in the public realm, and how it is also a social construct. So we are told that sex may be biological, but gender is not. And a transgender person is a man or woman, despite their chromosones if they assert they are, and others treat them as such.

I put it to you that Leeds United are perceived by football fans to be a "bigger" club than Brighton, irrespective of whether the latter presently have more money or have a better team. Indeed some Brighton fans themselves have accepted this on this very thread.

So why would Leeds fan be "deluded" for also believing this?

So you don’t accept that it is completely deluded to think that Bielsa “made” Ben White the player he is today? This seems to be the perception of many Leeds fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here