Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
There ya go - they are lurking. Seeing those stats where BW was basically proved their best player last season by a mile, I’d like them to read this and think about joining to say thank you for us as we’ve basically got them promoted by lending them one of our prospects we’ve been clever enough to pick up...

Can see the obsession - we have everything they want to be. Amazing stadium, the most loyal, loud and passionate fans in the country, an infrastructure they can only dream of, full attendances in our huge stadium even when we were bottom end of the Championship... Maybe they can send their old boy coach over to Lancing and he can pick up some tips and do like a training course with Potter, Barber etc? I know we’ve helped them to £200mil already without thanks but I don’t mind helping them again...? We can get Ben White to sort it lads - he’s a prospect now we’re likely to have a look at for the first team :thumbsup: Oh, and well done on winning the 2nd division - I feel like we should get a trophy ourselves for helping though? Something we could put in the club shop unsupervised...

Really hoping Leeds can climb the all important table and achieve their goal of the biggest club in their County but there’s a long way to go - all the best.

You should post part 2 of this when you’re well a truly Sheeboed [emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You should post part 2 of this when you’re well a truly Sheeboed [emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be tomorrow... Possibly tonight... I just never know :lol:

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
There ya go - they are lurking. Seeing those stats where BW was basically proved their best player last season by a mile, I’d like them to read this and think about joining to say thank you for us as we’ve basically got them promoted by lending them one of our prospects we’ve been clever enough to pick up...

Can see the obsession - we have everything they want to be. Amazing stadium, the most loyal, loud and passionate fans in the country, an infrastructure they can only dream of, full attendances in our huge stadium even when we were bottom end of the Championship... Maybe they can send their old boy coach over to Lancing and he can pick up some tips and do like a training course with Potter, Barber etc? I know we’ve helped them to £200mil already without thanks but I don’t mind helping them again...? We can get Ben White to sort it lads - he’s a prospect now we’re likely to have a look at for the first team :thumbsup: Oh, and well done on winning the 2nd division - I feel like we should get a trophy ourselves for helping though? Something we could put in the club shop unsupervised...

Really hoping Leeds can climb the all important table and achieve their goal of the biggest club in their County but there’s a long way to go - all the best.

This is a beautiful thing

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

b5d69bcf6577ccd40fa32b71b819b93a.jpg

To$$er.

Now you know why I hardly ever read, let alone contribute to, any Leeds sites. The posting standard is SO poor it is painful. Squareball is a tad better, there are a few good posters on there, but it isn't a civilised place to spend time in, and is very insular and cliquey.

Great club, mind, even if the fans forums are not worthy of it. The best on the planet in fact. :D

As I said in my very first post on here, Leeds have a big fan base and it shouldn't be judged by a few blowhards on the internet. They are a tiny tiny percentage of the whole, and quite unrepresentative. Empty vessels make the most noise.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm beginning to think we've picked up another Swansman.

Shudder.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
That is a very insightful post, and I think I perhaps agree with you.

Not about your views of Bielsa qua coach. How does one even establish agreed criteria to judge what the "best coach in the world" would look like? If it is in trophies won he hardly registers. Shouldn't enter the conversation at all. But if we are talking about legacy and influence on worldwide football tactics, and on individual players and clubs he is right up there. Because we are so parochial here in England, and think the football world revolves around us, he only gains notice when he manages an English club. All I can say is that Guardiola, who has knocked around the international football world for a number of years, and knows a good deal more about the subject than you or I describes him as "the best, most well prepared coach I ever met in my life". Which would rank him higher than just the best in the world today, but the best in the world for an adult football lifetime.

Whatever. Your main point is very percipient. He does't have to manage Leeds, or any other club, he isn't doing it for the money (which although not large by PL standards will be more than the Manager of Man U earns if he signs) and he will only do so if he knows it is a worthwhile project, that is attainable. The amount he researches football is frightening, he is an obsessive. He knew everything about every single club in the Championship, down to the most minute detail. Now he is turning his attention to the PL and is working out
what Leeds needs to do to succeed, and to establish what success looks like. He turned down West Ham before Leeds because they just told him they wanted a comfortable survival, and doing that didn't interest him.

He will get other offers, which might be of more interest. There is definitely a bond with Leeds, but he walked from his boyhood club after two years having made them champions of Argentina, like Leeds for the first time in an age. So sentiment won't play a part.

He is deciding whether it is possible to take Leeds right to the very top. To play in the Champions League, to do a Leicester even. If that is in his view a challenge that can be realistically accepted he will sign. If not he will walk. He could save Leeds from relegation next season in a heart beat, but that isn't enough motivation for him. I think.

So I agree with you. And isn't it refreshing to see someone not motivated by money? He gives most of his earnings at Leeds to his old club Newells to fund a new training academy. I don't know about you but I find that laudable, estimable.

The last few years Leeds have been there or thereabouts, only to bottle it at the end. What has been the difference this season with Bielsa compared to the other managers you have had?
If he was to leave ( big if ) who would you think your board will go for as a replacement?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

Killer Whale, to complete your NSC probation period, please post a photo of your lounge/bedroom. Also, please complete the following questionnaire:

1. How many pizza boxes do you own?

Kind regards,
Fats, NSC Moderator Selection Committee team lead candidate.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Now he’s stopped telling us how to run the club he’s a good addition to NSC :smile:

Tbf. None of us run the club! Which is probably for the best! Hehe.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
To$$er.

Now you know why I hardly ever read, let alone contribute to, any Leeds sites. The posting standard is SO poor it is painful. Squareball is a tad better, there are a few good posters on there, but it isn't a civilised place to spend time in, and is very insular and cliquey.

Great club, mind, even if the fans forums are not worthy of it. The best on the planet in fact. :D

As I said in my very first post on here, Leeds have a big fan base and it shouldn't be judged by a few blowhards on the internet. They are a tiny tiny percentage of the whole, and quite unrepresentative. Empty vessels make the most noise.

WACCOE is full of absolute wankers, top to bottom. Thick as mince, not prepared to debate, totally intolerant of any views that diverge from Leeds being the biggest and best team in the world. Instant ban if you disagree.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
WACCOE is full of absolute wankers, top to bottom. Thick as mince, not prepared to debate, totally intolerant of any views that diverge from Leeds being the biggest and best team in the world. Instant ban if you disagree.

It's not a football forum it's a cult. waccoe named after Waco? Bielsa is their David Koresh.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's not a football forum it's a cult. waccoe named after Waco? Bielsa is their David Koresh.

We Are Champions, Champions of Europe.

One wonders if that really is tongue in cheek or not.

I can see why Killer White is a nomad, he appears to have cognitive abilities.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Currently having a really sensible exchange with Derby fans about Matt Clarke. I think another year there would be good for both clubs.

One suggested that Leeds fans think £5 and a Mars Bar will get White. I think that's over stating it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here